Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 786 of 1199

Seeing Lia approaching on her broom with Mari - Page 786 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 2:26pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
22nd Jan, 2018 - 12:15am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 786

The Protector. says...

"Well Poljen, I'm a bit more relieved to see you have the teleportation scroll now. Thank you Velon, Poljen has a means of escape, if things turn out badly," Tazskan says.

"Your plan for us, to fly you within a days journey by gryphon is good. But its still a huge risk going in alone," he adds.

"I wonder when the rest of that ballista order will arrive,"? Tazskan wonders.

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 22nd Jan, 2018 - 12:19am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lawrance shakes his head at the statement of Pols leaving. “Foolish indeed to think that going on your own is an advantage. You have no idea of the reception a non-giant will receive and no letter of introduction to start the conversation. Hopefully taking the lance/spear might help your reception but I doubt it. Maybe you should ask among the Dwarves her if they have diplomatic relations with the giants before going?”.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Poljen says, "I thank you all. I hope I can use this scroll. I know almost nothing of magic. And Lia, I hope your blessing will aid me, no matter what." He turns to the others. "I understand going in alone does not offer me any advantage, save for the fact that I doubt they will simply attack me out of hand. Should they do so, I will retreat. But I know this could be a fool's errand, and we can not afford to lose any more than a single fool. And this fool probably would have the best chance to survive if it goes wrong. I will not risk any others."

He again turns to Lia. "And as we approach, depending on the terrain, we might get close enough that we can risk bringing the castle closer than a day's journey. Now, finish your breakfast and return to the castle. I will go meet my guide, tell him of the basic plan change, and no doubt get some instructions from him. We will then fly to the castle. It will be good practice for me. We might even take a few other practice flights during the journey. Once you are all on board, start slowly heading east. That is the basic direction." He polishes off the last of his large breakfast and leaves a good tip for the servers. With that he gets up and heads once more for the gryphon area.

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 5:04am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 786 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

"Remember, our castle aloft is merely a cloud. As long as we are not the only cloud in the sky, we are veritably invisible. Flying from withing the cloud gives you a better chance of returning safely, so avail yourself of such a tactical advantage. Given the predilection of giants to build very inaccessible homes, I doubt you need to land so very far from their city. Be sure to note the names of the Queen and King of our new home, also, as their reference may aid you in gaining an audience."

Out of Character: : Is Mari's tale being told at the table, or is it just for Lia's and Velon's ears alone?

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 7:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia frowns as Poljen leaves. She mumbles, "You can't tell some people anything." She pays for her breakfast as does Mari. They stand up and step away from the table." Well that is that I suppose. Hopefully this won't end in disaster. I will see all of you on the castle."

As they exit the inn Lia pulls free her broom of flying. After her and Mari are astride it Lia says the command word. The broom carries them straight up into the air. It moves slower than normal with the weight of Mari added to It. After flying it up and over the outer walls of the sky castle they alight in the courtyard. She will be careful to call out to the guards that she is a friend of Cratol's.

Out of Character: : Mari's tale is being told in private to Velon and Lia. She was apprehensive of informing the entire group at once.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Jan, 2018 - 7:33am

22nd Jan, 2018 - 11:49am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Protector. says...

Tazskan, leaves the table after the catching up with Poljen and the others.
"I will see everyone back at the flying castle then," He says.
Tazskan, goes back to the reception and pays for the breakfast, and one nights accommodation at the Inn.

Before leaving the citadel, he says to the Gatekeeper. "It has been a pleasure, coming here."
Tazskan, invites any of the other party members to accompany him. He continues, his short journey back to the flying castle on foot.

He figures, its late morning and the likelihood of encountering a hostile creature would be slim.

Nevertheless, before venturing out will summon his familiar Amabalis. The psuedodragon, will accompany him, being on the lookout for any danger.

Tazskan, himself will also activate his divine sense, sensing for any evil presence, for the journey back. As a precaution. When he arrives, back at the castle. Will formally identify himself, to the guards. Then ask to be allowed back inside.

Out of Character: Amabalis, will use both active and passive perception of 13, in addition to stealth. For the short journey back. Tazskan, also is taking back all of his equipment, weapons, and armor with him. I will do a couple of rolls, not quite sure of the distance.

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 22nd Jan, 2018 - 11:51am

Tazskan Daardendrien Results:
  • Amabalis perception on D20 (+3): 13, 13 (2 rolls)
  • Amabalis stealth on D20 (+4): 17, 17 (2 rolls)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 1:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 786

People gather back up at the castle, and it starts heading eastward, ferrying Poljen a little closer to his diplomatic mission.

The journey is made simply enough. Its a bright, clear, day. After about eight hours, those on the wall see it. A massive mountain, rising from the center of a lake only a bit short of being called a small sea.

The peak of it is lost in the upper clouds. The stedding Poljen seeks should be there. The barbarian was given a scroll to escape with, but he is unable to figure out how to work it.

Out of Character: Feel free to declare that your character remained behind at Adbarrim if you wish, just moving this along. Poljen will not be able to activate the teleportation scroll. You must have a class with it on the spell list. I might've been willing to allow it for another kind of caster with a really good arcana check, but for a barb? Sorry, but no.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 22nd Jan, 2018 - 1:20pm

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 2:26pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 786

Seeing Lia approaching on her broom with Mari Cratol will tell the guards that she is a friend so no one attacks them. HE will do the same when he sees Poljen coming on griffon back. Upon seeing the others coming this way he will have the castle lowered to allow everyone inside before they take off again and move to the east.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.