Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 84 of 1199

Poljen scours the land around the town. From - Page 84 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Feb, 2017 - 5:02am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

23rd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 255838
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Feb, 2017 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 84

Cratol looks at Sar'ai and then the mage. He smiles before turning away and bounces, like walking on the moon, towards the door. He opens the door and pears outside to what if anything has changed.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Feb, 2017 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cahleth looks at Nighthill, then Onthar, and finally the dwarf Escobert. He is weighing the scene, seeing if anyone else is eager to investigate.

If no one moves, Cahleth will stay in the meeting, directing conversation toward the towns defenses and provisions. "If a siege does come, how many days can we hold up? What type of defense do you have? Anything to repel would be invaders?"

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2017 - 8:55pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: : Just to give Poljen a wee bit more to do…

In Character: :

As Poljen began riding through the town he stopped and looked about for the highest point of elevation, whether it be from atop the fort and its walls or even the chapel. He was thinking that being up high with his spyglass might be a good idea.

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2017 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Page 84 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cahleth finds that most here are willing to wait to hear the full story in favor of planning for what they think is an impending assault.

Escobert says, "The heaviest martial equipment we have are the ballistae at the fort. They're fairly aged, but they've been maintained well. Another one is in storage, but there isn't space for it up on the walls."

"As far as armaments and supplies go, we're actually in decent shape, especially when it comes to bows. After the militia have their gear, we could probably arm another few score civilians. The food stocked at the fort is at its full capacity. At full rations, we could last 2 tendays feeding the entire town. If somehow we kept them outside the curtain wall, we could probably keep going for almost a year, but I think that's unlikely given the resources they're apparently able to bring."

"With Wellesby out of the picture, I believe the greatest sources of magical prowess available are with your group. Except for the Rector of course, but I understand he has sworn a strict vow of nonviolence."

Nighthill speaks up, "You should also know, we've finally managed to get back in contact with Berdusk. Soldiers are already en route from both that city and Baldur's Gate, several hundred from each. They should arrive in six days, we just need to hold out until then."

"Our biggest problem is experience. We have plenty of hands, and my people are tougher than you probably think. But very few of us have seen open conflict, beyond the occasional owlbear or griffon threat. I am afraid we are going to be relying on you to bolster our lines."

[Berdusk is one of the member cities in the Lord's Alliance, and represents the closest major military power. The road east out of Greenest heads directly there.]
_______________________________________

Poljen already knows that the two highest positions in town would be the fort's two towers. (Give me a perception check for when you're up there.)
_______________________________________

Cratol doesn't see anything particularly new outside. There are several people milling about, but they seem reluctant to approach the building you're in. [If Lia or Geoffroy would choose to actively prevent the tongue harvesting, give me a DC 15 insight check to realize Sar'ai's intent in time to interfere. Otherwise we'll proceed with it.]

17th Feb, 2017 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Geoffroy sighs, suspecting who this mage's goddess was and even saying as much with a mutter, "Tiamat greed, ambition, and taint no no bounds it seems. That is, if this was the goddess he worshiped. Given the evidence I suspect as much." The cleric actually looked saddened.

He watches as the mage's tongue is cut out by Sarai before turning to the man in which he has saved. Knowing he cannot speak, nor was it wise for him to move his head too much, Geoffroy asks simply, "May I ask, will you refuse to speak as well? If I take you to the healers and they are able to heal your throat will you give me the information we need? Raise your right had if you agree to speak or your left if you refuse."

The cleric paused for just a moment, before added for emphasis, "What I said before is still true. With your cooperation we will help you, but only if you agree to help us." Geoffroy hoped the man might see reason, as he did not enjoy bartering in such a way. This especially with another's life, yet this man had willingly participated in a plan that could harm so many.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 18th Feb, 2017 - 12:56am



Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 12:55am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Poljen hurries up the nearest of the fort's towers, and once up there breaks out his spyglass and begins scanning the surroundings, mainly focusing in the direction of the mountains.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 3:41am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 84

Lia watches Sar'ai approach the mage with anger visible in her face. She doesn't want the mage hurt unless it is to get much needed information. The situation is dire so unusual methods might be needed at this time. Lia will continue to watch Sar'ai carefully. Perceiving what Sar'ai plans to do with the mage she steps forwards. " Stop Sar'ai. I brought him back to life to question, not torment out of spite. Removing his tongue will make him useless as a witness. The other captive can't speak. We need to know who is behind this and what their plans are. If he won't talk to you then let's turn him into Nighthill. Maybe he has someone that can loosen his tongue. "

Out of Character: : Lia will attempt to stop her from severing his tongue if she suspects Sar'ai's intent in time.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 18th Feb, 2017 - 4:24am

Post Date: 18th Feb, 2017 - 5:02am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 84

Poljen scours the land around the town. From up here he can see out to a little over ten miles away before sight is lost to the horizon.

Most of the land appears clear, but to the south, just on the edge of vision, is some movement. It is extremely difficult to make out details, even with the glass, but there appears to be a small mounted patrol of some kind, moving from west to east. Something seems off about their movements and proportions though, the barbarian suspects that those are not horses.
_______________

Lia manages to interfere before Sar'ai lunges at the prisoner. The mage gives a short bark of laughter at that. (So slight retcon, if Sar'ai manages to get to the Glossectomy after all, I'll keep Geoffroy's action and go from there.).

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 18th Feb, 2017 - 5:30am


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.