Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 836 of 1199

"Ah! There was a voice in my - Page 836 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 9th Feb, 2018 - 5:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2018 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 836

Lia freezes up as the statues move. Considering what is said she thinks for just a moment." I choose wisdom O Diderius. She looks at the statues waiting. Lia is on the ball of her feet prepared to move in an instant. Words of supplication to Sune are on her lips as she studies the statues.

Mari comes to a sudden halt." Knowledge please", she utters quietly. She will gaze at the statues as well.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 9th Feb, 2018 - 4:08pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2018 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: Zarra would have gone in first.

So this history check only applies if you pass your DC15 save first? Does it apply to saves, or just ability checks? One person can benefit per Help action, or everyone? Can we take any actions after the Dungeon Master calls for a save?

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2018 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of Character: : The History applies a +3 to the Aid Others action, you also get advantage, but unless Dai deems otherwise, only applies to one person at a time. This may be a case where it can at least apply the +3 to everyone if not give advantage, because the knowledge is given to everyone who hears it? This won't apply to the save, just the Arcana checks.

Out of Character: : Edit - So we need to hear from Zarra. biggrin.gif Sorry about the edits, I keep remembering things to add.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 9th Feb, 2018 - 4:39pm

9th Feb, 2018 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 836 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

"I seek the sharpness of knowledge with the wisdom to temper it's use."

Specific Action: making a religion check to see if I know anything about the name given with guidance

Out of Character: this is either a great answer or a terrible one. Let's find out!

Nikolaos Willahelm Results:
  • Religion check on D20 (+4): 5 (1 roll)
  • Guidance on D4 (+0): 2 (1 roll)
  • Int save on D20 (+2): 14 (1 roll)

9th Feb, 2018 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Zarra will stop when she sees the statue looks at her one wanting close enough, seemingly as if it could sense her in some way. The drow will focus on the question asked, and will answer, "I have never asked for more knowledge then I need, seeking it for its own sake. Knowledge for me is a means of wisdom and understanding those around me, or to blend in." Hopefully this will not be seen as incorrect, she will consider if the name of Diderius is at all familiar.

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Int Save on D20 (+2): 5 (1 roll)
  • Arcana on D20 (+2): 10 (1 roll)
  • History on D20 (+2): 22 (1 roll)

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2018 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Lawrance and Velon notice something is off about the environs. When they look again, the room seems darker. The silver censers are gone, someone's stripped the gilding out of the carvings, etc. It looks like thieves robbed this place long ago, and only an illusion preserves its splendor.

Cratol is told "Well cometh to these halls seeker of wisdom. Remain respectful of the most wondrous one, and thee may find what thee require."

Most of the others receive similar answers, Poljen and Zarra however receive no response, the statues simply looking away.

Lawrance and Zarra recall mention of a Diderius in other studies. He was a powerful seer of yore. There is not much recorded about him, save for some of his theories on the art of divination.

Nothing bars Cratol from entering the next room. Before him is a long hallway, six large statues stand on either side. They depict humanoids in cowled robes, the hoods are pulled forward, casting the faces in shadow.

Several piles of splintered bone line the floor, and a dead cultist sits up against the wall. He appears to have been gutted.

A voice whispers into Cratol's mind, it sounds much like that of the statues in the antechamber. "Some knowledge is dang'rous to seek out, know at which hour to be humble"

Out of Character: Others who pass DC 15 on the Int save also see through the illusion. Mages who look into it determine that the enchantment was once much much stronger, but is beginning to fade.

Those who were welcomed rather than ignored by the statues receive the same message as Cratol upon entering the hall.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 9th Feb, 2018 - 5:25pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2018 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 836

Upon hearing the message in his mind, Lawrance calls out "Did everyone get the same instructions about the humble hour? Anyone have any ideas?" Keeping his own theories to himself for the moment, he examines the statues without touching them. "That was a neat illusion at the entrance, but the ruin and desecration it hid was saddening."

Post Date: 9th Feb, 2018 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 836

"Ah! There was a voice in my head!" Perry looks around nervously. "Hmm so, be respectful, be humble, uh huh… I can definitely do those things!" Perry triumphantly exclaims with a grin.

"What about some knowledge is dangerous to seek out?" Perry questions aloud. "Maybe we should try and avoid things that we don't need to know? We should probably just focus on finding this Varram fellow and not disturb too many other things."

Reconcile Edited: seath on 9th Feb, 2018 - 5:48pm

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.