Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 836 of 1084

"Ah! There was a voice in my - Page 836 - D&D / Pathfinder PBP RPGs - Posted: 9th Feb, 2018 - 5:47pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 4 43 80 Why Join Help
Support Future Terra II Project
Posts: 8666 - Views: 174997 Rating: 10/10 out of 7 Votes
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2018 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

Kyrroeth
Premium
(+)
Lia Galanodel
Cleric 9

Lieutenant / Mop Up
Character Sheet ◀
Has 2 Associates
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 836

The Heartwarder says...

Lia freezes up as the statues move. Considering what is said she thinks for just a moment." I choose wisdom O Diderius. She looks at the statues waiting. Lia is on the ball of her feet prepared to move in an instant. Words of supplication to Sune are on her lips as she studies the statues.

Mari comes to a sudden halt." Knowledge please", she utters quietly. She will gaze at the statues as well.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 9th Feb, 2018 - 4:08pm

Lia Galanodel Results:
  • Intelligence save on D20 (+0): 5 (1 roll)
  • Arcana on D20 (+0): 13 (1 roll)
  • Arcana guidance on D4 (+0): 4 (1 roll)


Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 9th Feb, 2018 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #
Velon Rodaan
Paladin 4 Sorcerer 5

Leader / Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Has a Rival
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Flame Wielder says...

Out of Character: Zarra would have gone in first.

So this history check only applies if you pass your DC15 save first? Does it apply to saves, or just ability checks? One person can benefit per Help action, or everyone? Can we take any actions after the Dungeon Master calls for a save?



Post Date: 9th Feb, 2018 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

Gknightbc
Premium
(+)
Lawrance Smithson
Wizard 9

Lieutenant / Center
Character Sheet
Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread RPGs PBP Pathfinder / D&D

The Dedicated says...

Out of Character: : The History applies a +3 to the Aid Others action, you also get advantage, but unless Dai deems otherwise, only applies to one person at a time. This may be a case where it can at least apply the +3 to everyone if not give advantage, because the knowledge is given to everyone who hears it? This won't apply to the save, just the Arcana checks.

Out of Character: : Edit - So we need to hear from Zarra. :D Sorry about the edits, I keep remembering things to add.

Attached Image Edited: Gknightbc on 9th Feb, 2018 - 4:39pm



Post Date: 9th Feb, 2018 - 4:38pm / Post ID: #

Kingowlbear
Premium
(+)
Nikolaos Willahelm


Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet
Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 836 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

"I seek the sharpness of knowledge with the wisdom to temper it's use."

Specific Action: making a religion check to see if I know anything about the name given with guidance

Out of Character: this is either a great answer or a terrible one. Let's find out!

Nikolaos Willahelm Results:
  • Religion check on D20 (+4): 5 (1 roll)
  • Guidance on D4 (+0): 2 (1 roll)
  • Int save on D20 (+2): 14 (1 roll)


Post Date: 9th Feb, 2018 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

Thomaslee
Premium
(+)
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9

Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Has 2 Associates
Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Zarra will stop when she sees the statue looks at her one wanting close enough, seemingly as if it could sense her in some way. The drow will focus on the question asked, and will answer, "I have never asked for more knowledge then I need, seeking it for its own sake. Knowledge for me is a means of wisdom and understanding those around me, or to blend in." Hopefully this will not be seen as incorrect, she will consider if the name of Diderius is at all familiar.

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Int Save on D20 (+2): 5 (1 roll)
  • Arcana on D20 (+2): 10 (1 roll)
  • History on D20 (+2): 22 (1 roll)


Post Date: 9th Feb, 2018 - 5:23pm / Post ID: #

Daishain
Premium
(+)
Dungeon Master
All

Game Master ◀
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

The Sage says...

Lawrance and Velon notice something is off about the environs. When they look again, the room seems darker. The silver censers are gone, someone's stripped the gilding out of the carvings, etc. It looks like thieves robbed this place long ago, and only an illusion preserves its splendor.

Cratol is told "Well cometh to these halls seeker of wisdom. Remain respectful of the most wondrous one, and thee may find what thee require."

Most of the others receive similar answers, Poljen and Zarra however receive no response, the statues simply looking away.

Lawrance and Zarra recall mention of a Diderius in other studies. He was a powerful seer of yore. There is not much recorded about him, save for some of his theories on the art of divination.

Nothing bars Cratol from entering the next room. Before him is a long hallway, six large statues stand on either side. They depict humanoids in cowled robes, the hoods are pulled forward, casting the faces in shadow.

Several piles of splintered bone line the floor, and a dead cultist sits up against the wall. He appears to have been gutted.

A voice whispers into Cratol's mind, it sounds much like that of the statues in the antechamber. "Some knowledge is dang'rous to seek out, know at which hour to be humble"

Out of Character: Others who pass DC 15 on the Int save also see through the illusion. Mages who look into it determine that the enchantment was once much much stronger, but is beginning to fade.

Those who were welcomed rather than ignored by the statues receive the same message as Cratol upon entering the hall.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 9th Feb, 2018 - 5:25pm



Post Date: 9th Feb, 2018 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #

Gknightbc
Premium
(+)
Lawrance Smithson
Wizard 9

Lieutenant / Center
Character Sheet
Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 836 Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

The Dedicated says...

Upon hearing the message in his mind, Lawrance calls out "Did everyone get the same instructions about the humble hour? Anyone have any ideas?" Keeping his own theories to himself for the moment, he examines the statues without touching them. "That was a neat illusion at the entrance, but the ruin and desecration it hid was saddening."



Post Date: 9th Feb, 2018 - 5:47pm / Post ID: #

Seath
Premium
(+)
Perry Pennington
Bard 8 Warlock 1

Novice / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 836

The Prolific Performer says...

"Ah! There was a voice in my head!" Perry looks around nervously. "Hmm so, be respectful, be humble, uh huh… I can definitely do those things!" Perry triumphantly exclaims with a grin.

"What about some knowledge is dangerous to seek out?" Perry questions aloud. "Maybe we should try and avoid things that we don't need to know? We should probably just focus on finding this Varram fellow and not disturb too many other things."

Attached Image Edited: seath on 9th Feb, 2018 - 5:48pm



Guest please SHARE: "Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread" on:

Sponsored Links:

Topics like "Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread" may just be one of many, do use the Search to find more
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll


No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar and ensuring that your Post complies with our RPG Etiquette before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Dice Options: Need Dice Help?

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Daishain’s 5e D&D RPG Main Thread


Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.

Latest Topics


Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

World Issues

North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By News 1.3 Day(s) Ago
USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By News 11th Jul, 2018 - 8:00pm
China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By Reformist 9th Jul, 2018 - 3:29am
USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By News 7th Jul, 2018 - 7:27pm
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By News 27th Jun, 2018 - 11:14am
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By Opinion 24th Apr, 2018 - 10:56am
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By Opinion 17th Apr, 2018 - 9:54am
Do You Know What To Do In A Nuclear Attack?:
Top  Do Know In Nuclear Attack By News 16th Apr, 2018 - 9:46pm
North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Wizard 15th Jan, 2018 - 9:36am
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By Swell 17th Oct, 2017 - 4:17pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm