Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 911 of 1199

Poljen is commanded to go after Lawrance next, - Page 911 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Mar, 2018 - 11:45am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  907 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915  ...Latest (1199) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2018 - 12:42pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 911

Perry watches in horror as Niko gets ruthlessly cut down by the dominated barbarian. Then, Perry angrily yells, “Snap out of it you big, dumb idiot! Can't you see what you're doing to your friends!?” He tries to think of a way to snap him out if it and gets an idea. He pulls out his small notebook of poems and begins reciting a limerick.

Say, do you know of Poljen the strong?
He’s big, tough, and we don't get along,
He thinks I'm not worthy,
Because I fight dirty,
Perhaps tonight I can prove him wrong.

Then, he points his finger at Poljen and says, “This is for your own good. SNAP OUT OF IT!” Two beams of force fly out heading straight for the barbarian.

Specific Action: Bonus Action to inspire Poljen. Action to fire Eldritch Blasts at Poljen.

Out of Character: Each beam of EB gets a saving throw and is fired with advantage because of reckless attack. Poljen, make a Wisdom saving throw for each beam that hits. Also you get 1d8 to add to the higher one only if you need it. Otherwise you can save it for whatever.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Mar, 2018 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: Looks like I rolled two attack dice instead of 4. Adding the second attack with disadvantage.

17th Mar, 2018 - 2:13pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Awakened says...

Before he gets a chance to try and awaken Poljen from his trance, Nikolaos is halted by the big man's assault. He tries to dodge and confound his aggressor with a burst of light, but to no avail.
The axe finds it's way into his belly, taking the wind from his lungs. Leaning forward in pain only opens him up to an even more vicious attack. Nikolaos's head bowed towards his wound the barbarian performs the coup de grace catching the bard in the gap in between his helmet and his armor.

Nikolaos then finds himself walking down a path towards a sunrise. The sky painted with the rose and golden hues of a fresh dawn. Next to him a robed figure walks in pace carrying a scythe, with the hood drawn up. However a skeletal hand betrays the identity of his new company.
"WELCOME BACK. ARE YOU STAYING THIS TIME?"
"Perhaps, it depends on my friends."
The cloaked figure tilts his head indicating interest. "YOU HAVE CHANGED. LAST TIME YOU BEGGED NOT TO GO."
"I have seen where I'm going now. And I have seen the folly of those who seek to evade your grasp."
"PERHAPS YOU DO SEE. LAST TIME YOU PLEADED ON THE GROUNDS OF YOUR MOTHER'S WELFARE. DO YOU NO LONGER CARE FOR HER? WE HAVE YET TO MEET."
"I have seen to her needs both physical and spiritual. She will soon be living in a castle, instead of a tavern with a leaky roof. And more importantly she has been awakened by the light of Lathander."
"DON'T YOU HAVE UNFINISHED BUSINESS?"
"Of course I do, and I always will."
"IF YOU ARE CALLED BACK, WILL YOU RETURN?"
"I will for now. As much as I look forward to seeing the splendor that awaits me at the end of the road, I know there is more I can do. And while I still can do good I have an obligation to do what I can."
The two continue their walk conversing as they go.

Post Date: 17th Mar, 2018 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 911 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Catching his breath and shaking off the effects of the poison, Poppo focuses on the naga. He concentrates on sending the creature away to hopefully break its hold over Poljen and give the party a moment's respite to regroup.

Out of Character: : Casting Banishment on the Naga.

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2018 - 1:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Out of Character: : By my reckoning, Poljen will get his attacks in on Lawrance on his own turn, but then Perry's bolt will give him the jolt he needs to break the Domination on Perry's turn. So Lia should get her bow shot at the naga, though it is in darkness. Not sure how you want to rule on all that, Daishain. Regardless, thank you to Seath and Gknight for the blast, and the Inspiration to end the spell. Next turn, Poljen will have his wits once more about him, and be able to react to the situation as it is at that time.

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2018 - 2:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Out of Character: : Gr, Banishment needs sight so new plan.

Poppo curses as the darkness envelopes the naga and the surrounding area. Giving up on his initial plan, for now, he instead fires off his trusty magic missile.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
18th Mar, 2018 - 3:13am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 911

The Protector. says...

Tazskan, steps out from behind cover and unleashes two, agonizing green eldritch beams at the center of the black mass. As before using the pact keepers power as an advantage to hit. Hoping that the Naga is in its center.
Invoking a hex as before,at the center. Targeting its Constitution.

Out of Character: Sorry for the delay guy's, Dai, forget the divine sense if applicable.

Specific Action: Attacking from Z70.

Tazskan Daardendrien Results:
  • Eldritch blast to hit on D20 (+6): 9, 25 (2 rolls)
  • Eldritch blast damage on D10 (+0): 10, 9 (2 rolls)
  • Hex on D6 (+0): 1, 3 (2 rolls)

Post Date: 18th Mar, 2018 - 11:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 911

Poljen is commanded to go after Lawrance next, fortunately, he misses with one strike, and grazes with the next. The mage's arcane ward cushions the blow fully. Perry slaps Poljen in the face from across the room with a bolt of force magic. The barbarian is jolted, shakes his head again, and the domination effect slowly seeps away.

In the darkness, Cratol keeps striking, scoring two solid hits on the creature.

The Naga, for her part, unleashes another deadly bolt of lightning, which lances through several of the party. Her stinger lances out again, but Cratol somehow senses it coming in the darkness and shifts.

Poppo attempts to banish the naga, but the darkness remains, as can the serpentine noises from within.

Lia heals Nikolaos by a small amount, and is about to try and banish Poljen when the man seems to snap out of it on his own. Instead she fires into the darkness once again. Tazskan does as well, but is targeting the wrong area, causing a bolt of force to strike into Cratol's back, the other missing him.

Lawrance casts a defensive spell and moves into the darkness along the north side of the room.

Velon strikes out again, and much to the Naga's frustration, strikes home in spite of the darkness. Radiant light flashes as the creature loses concentration on the darkness spell, revealing that the shadow copy of Velon is already gone.

Out of Character: Cratol, Zarra, Lia, and Poppo each need to make a DC 15 Reflex save vs 16 lightning damage (Rolled pretty low this time) Cratol takes 9 force damage from Tazskan. Poljen takes 8 force damage and is now free of the domination effect. Lawrance's ward absorbs 17 damage. Its too bad Poljen didn't end up banished, I was looking forward to describing another brief encounter with that beaver tongue.gif Paul can choose to roleplay how much and how he remembers being dominated as he thinks best. Darkness is now down, you can see everything again.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Mar, 2018 - 11:48am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.