Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 948 of 1199

Poljen shakes his head. "No, this Sildar - Page 948 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Apr, 2018 - 8:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

30th May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 256757
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2018 - 5:54pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 948

Penelope will go find Lia, Tazskan, and Zarra and say, "Okay guys, I've found three groups of the finest mercenaries, but we need to make sure they are trustworthy. I can ask them questions but I want you three to try and gauge their trustworthiness."

After making their way back to the mercenaries, Penelope will begin asking them questions after Lia, Zarra, and Taz are ready. "What are some previous jobs you all have done? Have you ever done anything against your employer's wishes? You haven't betrayed an employer before have you?" She asks more questions, including follow-ups but it's mainly to keep them talking so her companions can get a good read on them.

Out of Character: Lia, Taz, Zarra, you all are probably better than Perry at judging character but he can at least do the chatting. Ill roll an Insight check myself here but yours will have more weight.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2018 - 6:44pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Lia nods at Perry." Yes, this is very important. I would hate to leave the skycastle on a mission and come back to find it gone. I will bring Mari along as well. She is very good at reading people."

Lia and Mari will accompany the others to question the prospective new hires. Lia casts Zone on Truth upon a spot that is designated for questioning. They will both listen intently for any sign of deception. Lia will ask Sune to help her in this.

Attached Image Edited: Kyrroeth on 20th Apr, 2018 - 6:45pm

21st Apr, 2018 - 8:25am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Protector. says...

Tazskan, agrees with Perry about trusting these mercenaries.
Looking for any deception, or disinterest in those being questioned.
"What, makes you worthy of hiring, why should we hire your services,"? He asks.
"What, are your goals, and aspirations,"? Tazskan adds.
"We need people reliable, and honest, willing even to put their lives on the line. In an effort to keep those inside the castle out of harms way," he adds.

Tazskan Daardendrien Results:
  • Insight on D20 (+4): 15 (1 roll)


21st Apr, 2018 - 11:40am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 948 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

The drow had followed Perry and Tazskan, with them doing the bargaining at the market, before discussion of hiring began. Zarra hadn't involved herself in the interrogation, not knowing what questions she could gave offered.

Looking to the two, Zarra will say, "It was a good idea the suggestion to talk to the Harpers first in seeking out those trustworthy to hire. Though I will still keep a lookout for any lies or questionable motives and intent from those that we met interview." The drow did want to help, and apart from giving a bit if her share to the castle there wasn't too much that she felt had been given by her.

Attached Image Edited: Thomaslee on 21st Apr, 2018 - 11:41am

Zarra Glannath Results:
  • Insight on D20 (+7): 21 (1 roll)


Post Date: 21st Apr, 2018 - 3:26pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The group quickly eliminates one of the mercenary companies when they couldn't answer questions about integrity honestly.

It isn't easy to pick between the remaining two, but ultimately one of them can claim a notably more impressive resume, including the active defense of a stronghold about the size of yours, though it did not fly.

The leader of the group selected introduces himself as captain Callahan. He is a stern looking human, nearly as large as Poljen. He bears a maul with a handle nearly as tall as he is, a sharp speartip adorns the other end or the weapon.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 21st Apr, 2018 - 3:27pm

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2018 - 6:08pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

Penelope walks up to the large man and slowly cranes her neck up to look him in the eyes. She slowly begins eyeing him up and down, “Hmm, hmm,” she ponders, feigning thoughtfulness. She walks behind the man and squints her eyes while continuing her scan, “Very interesting. Very interesting indeed,” she mumbles, maintaining a very “serious” expression. Moments later, the bardess, seemingly satisfied, goes in front of the man and triumphantly presents her findings to the group.

“This guy….IS HUGE!” she exclaims, her eyes lit up with great wonder and amazement. “He should easily be able to secure the castle, dontcha think?” she asks Lia.

“Well, I have to say guys, I feel like I’ve outdone myself this time,” Penelope states smugly. “These guys are clearly the absolute best, most trustworthy guys on the entire Sword Coast. Yes sir, nothing could possibly go wrong by hiring these fine, upstanding mercenaries right here.” Suddenly, Penelope huddles with the group quietly to deliberate, “What do you all think? Should we hire captain Calloushands?”.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2018 - 7:41pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 948

Velon tries to contact Chasorth and tell her what they've learned from Varram. He asks if she and Irdeith would like Varram and his friend and prisoners or what else they'd like done with them.

--------

Velon addresses the group over yet another meal in the castle after the interrogation of Varram. He's busy stuffing a roasted beast of some kind or another into his mouth and washing it down with ale, although halfway through glances at Lia and straightens up a bit, improving his manners and eating habits and trying not to speak with him mouth full.

"So, ah, we talked to Varram, m, (Gulp), some more." He wipes his mouth with his sleeve. "I'm not sure if, ah, having more info is, (Swallow), helpful or, ah, (Gulp), makes your head spin, (Gulp), like it does mine, but, ah, it seems we have more leads." Some ale drips down the side of his mouth.

"So this guy Severin has the red mask, and, ah, seems to be the leader of the whole thing. (Chewing violently) He's at the well, so, ah, (Gulp), that's probably out for now, but, (Slurp), we should take him down if we ever get the, (Gulp), chance." He looks at Lia and his eyed widen for a split second and he slowly puts down his mug.

"Yeah, so carrying on, this guy Neronvain has the green mask and, last Varram knew, is NOT at the well. That makes him a potential target if you ask me. Anyone ever heard of the guy?" He looks at Lia again. "Or, ah, gal?"

"Varram also said Sildar told him to try using Diderius to find the mask after his own scrying attempts failed. Do we know this Sildar? I feel like the name sounds familiar. Was he one of the dead followers with Varram? Man, now I forget. He's not the guy we saw in our vision, right? He was also very into scrying. I don't know… "He pauses.

"Anyway, so our leads now seem to be, what?"
"One, this horn we're trying to learn about?"
"Two, this wizard from our vision that may be willing to part with the White Mask?"
"Three looking into this Neronvain fellow?"

Out of Character: Rolling Velon's poor history knowledge regarding any of these names such as Neronvain.

Attached Image Edited: Cinder on 21st Apr, 2018 - 7:44pm

Post Date: 21st Apr, 2018 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 948

Poljen shakes his head. "No, this Sildar was not who you saw. Obviously the Zhentarim folks had magic preventing scrying, but the power of the pool, and all you magic users gave it, broke through. So I think after we learn about this horn at Candlekeep, unless we have a solid thing to do after that, I'd say we look into both buying from the Zhents, and maybe try finding this Neronvain person. Maybe Chasorth can help. No doubt they could have someone approach the Zhentarim, saying we think they have something we want. It won't take them long to guess it was us who broke through their scrying defense, but if we can assure them we do NOT want Tiamat to come back, and will try to destroy the mask, they might be willing to part with it for gold. Or maybe we will have do them a favor. Though I shudder to think what they might want us to do."


 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.