Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 125 of 1199

Onwen advances and looks at the vials as Sar'ia - Page 125 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 15th Mar, 2017 - 5:50pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?
 

23rd May 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 1199 pgs.  121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129  ...Latest (1199) »
Posts: 9586 - Views: 255878
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Only approved Players should Post here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 12:09am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 125

As the group starts poking around, Poljen suddenly grunts. "Oh! I found a couple of things on that elf that I grabbed that might be something of use. Once we have light I will show you, but there is a whistle and a ring. Don't let me forget."

Sponsored Links:
15th Mar, 2017 - 2:29pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Sar'ai's curiosity gets the better of her and she slowly slips into the dank, rat infested room. Inching her way closer to the chest she draws her daggers and keeps her eyes on the writhing mass of vermin. Elanna, too, has her eyes fixated on the movements of the rodents.
"Hopefully they are fearful of the predatory nature your current form poses to their kind." The wizard thinks to her familiar.

Once (If) Sar'ai makes it to the chest, she will then begin to assess the condition it is in. She looks to see whether or not it is rotted wood and if there are obvious signs of holes either from previous attempts to access its contents or if it has been chewed through by the nearby pests. The rogue will also be examining any oddity that may stick out to perhaps lead her to believe the chest might be rigged somehow. If all looks in order she will see if it has a lock. If not, she will slowly open it, otherwise she will attempt at picking the lock.

Out of Character: the stealth roll isn't so much an attempt to "Hide" from the rats, more to just not make any sudden startling movements that may provoke them to aggression. And again, hopefully the fact that Elanna appears as an owl is having some intimidating effect on them.

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Stealth on D20 (+6): 12 (1 roll)
  • Investigation on D20 (+3): 18 (1 roll)
  • Lockpick on D20 (+6): 20 (1 roll)


Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 3:45pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The rats begin a high pitched growling noise at Sar'ai as she approaches, more and more of them emerging from the nest to stare at her.

But they do not interfere as she slowly makes her way to the chest.

The chest does not appear to be trapped, and is secured with a simple latch. Upon opening it, Sar'ai finds that the chest is separated into 12 cells, with soft padding lining each. A glass vial can be found within each cell, each with some form of liquid within.

Elsewhere, Lia finds herself in a fairly large natural cave. A small lake lies at its bottom, with luminescent fungus growing nearby, the source of the dim light she saw before. The cave appears to extend to both the right and the left, but it looks like there is something of a path in the latter direction. Tool marks indicate that work was done to make the footing that way easier.

There is even more evidence of giant spiders here, more webbing and desiccated corpses can be found scattered about. You think you can hear scrabbling noises in the dark to your right.

15th Mar, 2017 - 3:58pm / Post ID: #
Targul
Fighter
Character
Follower / Head
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Page 125 Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Terror says...

Targul will follow Lia as she investigates the natural cavern as he doesn't see a bunch of rats, regardless of size or number, to be much of a threat, let alone a threat that the Silver Blaze can't handle.



Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Thread Main RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Cratol will move towards the sound of the scrabbling. He wants to see how many and what sized spiders there are. His reasoning is if they are going to bring others through here better to deal with the spiders now than later.

15th Mar, 2017 - 5:37pm / Post ID: #
Sarai Tzzerit
Rogue 2 Wizard 2
Character
Loner / Center
Character Sheet ◀
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread

The Shaper of Thoughts says...

Sar'ai will pick a vial up and examine it. She will swirl it around to see what the contents inside do, if anything. Then (Assuming they are corked) she will pop the cork, making sure to hold it away from her face. If nothing happens, she will then give the lip of the vial a sniff and if nothing further happens will give a slight taste.

Once satisfied with her analysis of the vial (Assuming she doesn't die or have any other adverse reaction to her tests), the half-drow will begin to carefully place some of the vials in her satchel. Quickly seeing that she probably can't carry all of them, at least not safely anyway, she messages the necromancer, "Onwen, I have found some vials with their contents still within and could use some help collecting them all."

Out of Character: how big is the chest? If she could move it, Sar'ai would have moved it away from the rats to do her testing. Alternatively, if it is a smallish chest, she might just ask one of the strong men to put in their packs if able.

Attached Image Edited: Brandonfett on 15th Mar, 2017 - 5:38pm

Sarai Tzzerit Results:
  • Investigation on D20 (+3): 6 (1 roll)
  • Arcana on D20 (+3): 10 (1 roll)


Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Mar, 2017 - 5:42pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread - Page 125

Lia studies the cavern curiously. She heads to the better used path to the left. As she walks she notices Cratol going the other way. She whispers " What are you doing Cratol? Whatever is here is leaving us alone. Why force them to act by going into their lair? I'm going on to the left. It is the obvious way ahead. We must hurry. " She looks worriedly at Cratol and hopes that he follows her. She looks at the others. " Those at the rear should be very watchful. Whatever is in there might try to ambush the rear person " Lia then continues on to the path to the left.

15th Mar, 2017 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #
Onwen Brecht
Wizard Necromancer
Character
Loner / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Retired Retired

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 125

The Friendly Necromancer says...

Onwen advances and looks at the vials as Sar'ia is placing them in her satchel; leans forward and picks one up. Examining the vial he attempts to identify any of them based on his training, education or experience as a mage. If he is unable to identify them based on his knowledge then he will cast detect magic to determine if they have any magical properties. He will share this information if he has it and then help Sar'ia, trying to carefully load them into his pack assuming there is any space left.

If he does have to cast detect magic he will again relay the information to the others but he will also suggest that even though time is of the essence, he is likely to need at least a short rest to replenish his ability to cast spells "Aside from a few cantrips, I have maybe one more spell in me" he tells the others.

Onwen Brecht Results:
  • Arcana on D20 (+6): 14 (1 roll)



 
> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Main Thread
 

▲ TOP


International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.