Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 40 of 58

I don't recall leaving a message for - Page 40 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Sep, 2017 - 1:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 58 pgs.  36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 14th Aug, 2017 - 11:10am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 40

I have rare items set as 2,000 gp (+base item cost if it is being applied to armor or weapon), and uncommon items as 500.

Elven Chain would be 13+1+2maxdex, and it allows the wearer to use it without medium armor proficiency. It also costs 2,050 gp as I have things set.

Mithral no longer reduces armor categories, instead just removing stealth penalties and strength requirements. Unless going for heavy armor, it is only worth it to stick on a set of half plate to eliminate its stealth penalty, the total cost of which would be 1,250 (But also provide an AC of 15+2maxdex). A rogue would need to spend a feat or multiclass to gain medium armor proficiency however.

It may be most cost effective for you to just add basic enchantments to studded leather. +1 studded leather is 12+1+Dexterity, and costs 545

Cloak of Elvenkind is uncommon for 500.

Bear in mind, as with the others, you have the option of risking the Black Market in order to reduce costs. However, as one of your fellow rogues can attest, this carries a risk of being screwed over one way or another.

Sponsored Links:
14th Aug, 2017 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

Hmm, well then I guess for now I will go with the +1 studded leather (545 gp), perhaps a +1 hand crossbow (120 gp), 2 vials of antitoxin (100 gp), 4 potions of healing (200 gp), a cloak of elvenkind (500 gp), sundark goggles (200 gp). Also, I snagged a set of 10 pitons (5 gp), a grappling hook (2 gp), a crowbar (2 gp), a hammer (2 gp), 20 sheets of paper (4 gp), a set of traveler's clothes (2 gp), a set of fine clothes 15 gp), disguise kit (25 gp), a bottle of ink and inkpen (12 gp).
---
Total: 1734 gp

Updated Equipment: A rapier, a +1 hand crossbow and quiver of 20 bolts, an explorer's pack, +1 studded leather armor, two vials of antitoxin, two daggers, a necklace she has had ever since she was a child, a cloak of elvenkind, sundark goggles, a walking stick (Quarterstaff), a compass, a winter blanket, set of 10 pitons, a grappling hook, a crowbar, a hammer, 20 sheets of paper, a bottle of ink, inkpen, 2 set of traveler's clothes, a set of fine clothes, and a small pouch containing 266 gp.
-----

I'll take the average of hit points, so either 20 or 24. I think that I recall you allow full hit points at first level, but I can't remember for certain. Apart from this, I believe that I am not missing anything mechanically and it is just fluff.

Oh, and switching the incorrectly chosen Eldritch Blast with True Strike. This helping with Sneak Attacks, though making it so that I don't have any offensive magic in combat. I could have gone Fire Bolt, but I felt supporting Rogue abilities might be better.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 14th Aug, 2017 - 5:52pm

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2017 - 3:27am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Character has been listed as active.

So, in regards to my immediate thoughts on how to introduce her. Easy way would be an accidental encounter, and involve her taking the road from Neverwinter to Waterdeep, or vice versa. She could be fleeing something, or seeking new opportunities, on a job, or something else entirely.

Thoughts?

16th Aug, 2017 - 4:21am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

Page 40 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Quiet Shadow says...

And accidental and counter on the road between Neverwinter and Waterdee is fine. Any of those could work well, though perhaps Zarra seeking new opportunities being preferred as consideration.

If I might offer an idea, perhaps the party comes upon Zarra while she is under attack or otherwise in danger. This with cloak up, a cloth over her face, and sundark goggles hiding her physical features. Maybe with others either dead or dying that she'd been with.

Admittedly the above could go very well with her fleeing from something.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 16th Aug, 2017 - 4:25am

Post Date: 16th Aug, 2017 - 4:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Your choice then, is she fleeing from others, or just traveling? Either way, is she alone, or with other travelers?

Feel free to make a Main Thread post about what you are up to and what led you to this point. Also feel free to ask for help working out details.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 16th Aug, 2017 - 4:55am

16th Aug, 2017 - 6:31am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base

The Quiet Shadow says...

I will see about getting that post made, though perhaps not tonight as I really need to get to bed but definitely tomorrow before going to work. This will also let me sleep on it when it comes to how I will introduce her.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 16th Aug, 2017 - 6:32am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 13th Sep, 2017 - 1:30pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 40

You said something about a message for me on this thread, but I'm not finding it. Could you repeat the missed message?

Post Date: 13th Sep, 2017 - 1:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 40

I don't recall leaving a message for you anywhere of late, much less in here, what are you speaking of?

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.