Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 49 of 58

Welcome Kingowlbear, to Daishains 5e Dungeons - Page 49 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 29th Nov, 2017 - 1:26am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard

+  « First of 58 pgs.  45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53  ...Latest (58) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
4th Nov, 2017 - 11:54pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 49

The Protector. says...

What is Tazskans, armor class without any armor or clothes on? Assuming that he naturally has reptilian looking (Bronze colored) skin and fine scales??

Sponsored Links:
26th Nov, 2017 - 5:07am / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

Hello Daishain,
I am interested in joining the game you are running. Looking at the current roster of characters you have listed at the top of this forum, I think I would like to play a lore bard with a dip into light cleric. Before I fill out my character sheet I would like to clarify a few things for myself.
First of all I am new to play by post but have been playing Dungeons & Dragons on and off for over 20 years. The character I am designing will have multiple reactions available and I am concerned about slowing down play excessively with them. Being new to the format of play I am unsure of the etiquette.
Also I was wanting to know since I am planning on taking a level in Light Cleric, if there is any particular deity that would fit in well with this campaign.

Post Date: 26th Nov, 2017 - 5:31am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Greetings Kingowlbear,

Generally speaking, for reaction based abilities, I prefer to handle is via conditionals. Make a few If/then statements, and stick by them. For instance: "I will cast Shield if the Giant is about to hit me with his axe, but won't waste it on attacks from the minions."

With a little forethought in that regard, that way I can spend those resources on your behalf, with guidance on your wishes, and without stopping things up to ask you a question mid combat. Of course, the catch is I will sooner or later make a decision you wouldn't have in that regard.

Does this seem fair?

In regards to deities, the setting is Faerun, also known as the Forgotten Realms. Information on the entire pantheon local to this world is available online, but the two gods most associated with the Light domain would be Helm and Lathander.

Helm, known as the Vigilant One, is a Lawful Neutral deity devoted to guardianship and protection. He may not be the best match for the flavor of a Bard. The Morninglord, Lathander, is a Neutral Good deity of life, light, and birth. He would be a good match for both a bard and the campaign in general.

I should note, there are impending changes to our roster that could have a notable impact in what to expect. Kyrroeth intends to bring back her Life Cleric at the end of the current story arc, and Thomaslee has a Light Cleric of Lathander that he likewise intends to bring back at some point. His timeline for doing so is much less clear.

26th Nov, 2017 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

Page 49 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Awakened says...

I think handling reactions that way makes a lot of sense for the format and is fair.
Thank you for letting me know about the upcoming roster change, I'm sure it will influence my spell selections.
I will want to do a little more reading about the setting before posting a character background, but I am excited to start playing and should have something ready in the next couple of days.

Reconcile Edited: Kingowlbear on 26th Nov, 2017 - 1:16pm

Post Date: 28th Nov, 2017 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

How's this coming along? Need any assistance?

Don't forget to check the first post of this thread and the rules thread, I have a couple of houserules in play.

28th Nov, 2017 - 10:35pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base

The Awakened says...

Its coming along. I had some time this morning to make some progress. Feel free to take a look and tell me what you think. I plan on adding more this evening, and possibly some in the morning before going to work.

Reconcile Edited: Kingowlbear on 28th Nov, 2017 - 10:36pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 28th Nov, 2017 - 10:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 49

Welp, no mistakes noticed so far.

When it comes to character equipment and budget, you'll get 2,500 gp. Buy what you like and pocket the rest. Default price for magic items is 150,500,2000 for common uncommon and rare.

29th Nov, 2017 - 1:26am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 49

The Protector. says...

Welcome Kingowlbear, to Daishains 5e Dungeons & Dragons. I'm also fairly new to the play by post Role-playing Game myself. Although Dungeons & Dragons is familiar, to me.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.