Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 54 of 58

Welcome to the group Seath! I love - Page 54 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th Jan, 2018 - 2:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 58 pgs.  50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:24pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 54

The thread dedicated to out of character exchanges is here: Source 9n

I'd suggest repeating your query there, and maybe reading up on the other things people have been discussing.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I've just moved my post likewise. biggrin.gif 3 seconds after the Dungeon Master post, sheesh. Some people have fast fingers!

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:29pm

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2018 - 4:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Out of character:

Daishain, thanks for welcoming me in my introduction thread earlier! I think I have an okay shell and background for my character and would love your advice on how to proceed. Overall, I went with a College of Glamour Bard with a single level dip in Hexblade Warlock for the armor mainly. If that dip is too "Powergamey" (Which I certainly understand), I will drop the multiclass idea altogether and go straight Bard. I could do a single dip in Cleric for the armor instead as well, but it honestly wouldn't fit his character and I can see that there already is a Lore Bard/Cleric in the party. Warlock would fit his character mainly due to his race and the nature of his birth. I will do a separate post after this one to break down his attributes and other details in a list format. Also, as a fun fact, a majority of this character's background was randomly rolled and tweaked slightly using Xanathar's, "This Is Your Life."

In character:

Why hello everyone! My name is Peregrine Maximillian Cornelius Pennington, but my friends call me Perry. It’s such a pleasure to finally meet you! I’ll give you a brief personal history if you don’t mind. I grew up in (Insert appropriate populous city for the setting) as a member of a wealthy, aristocratic family. Despite my appearance, my parents are actually both humans. As you can certainly imagine, they were both quite surprised when they saw that their child had pretty purple skin, glimmering golden eyes, and a fabulously functional tail. My father, Remington Pennington, wasn’t quite as surprised as you would imagine however. You see, my father’s side of the family has an infernal heritage that seems to skip three generations or so before one lucky child is born a demon! Guess who was lucky number three? My mother, Victoria Pennington, frightened at first, quickly came to love her new baby boy. And my older sister, Lilliana Pennington, also quickly came around to her unique little brother.

Now let’s talk about Lilliana for a minute. Growing up, she was always better than me at everything. She was stronger, faster, and smarter than me. She did better in school and seemed to succeed at nearly everything. Except for one thing that is, she was a terrible people person. And I mean truly awful. She once somehow managed to offend a monk who had allegedly obtained tranquility in all aspects of his life! I, on the other hand, had a quick wit and a silver tongue. Still, despite our differences, we got along pretty well. I hear she’s some sort of fighter now, working as a Knight for some important individual somewhere. Anyway, that doesn’t really matter as much. Still, she seems to be doing well for herself and I’m happy for her.

I left home at the ripe age of 24 to go out and prove to my family that Lilliana wasn’t the only successful child of the house. I began performing in the arts, music, poetry, you name it, and quickly made a name for myself. You may have heard of my defining work, “A Fool in the Fey,” a comedic poem about a demon jester’s travels in the Feywild. It’s based off of a true story you know! While I was in the Feywild, I managed to catch the eye of a master half-elf bard who taught me the ways of glamour. It was a perfect fit and raised my charismatic nature to astonishing new heights!

Once I learned all I needed from my master, I set off once again on my own. Eventually, I ran into a gnome named Rimple Humplebumple. He was a shady, roguish character and a real trickster with illusion magic. He led a traveling circus troupe and asked me to join and perform for them. I agreed and did so for about a year or so. One night however, I made a terrible mistake. You see, one of my new melodies didn’t go over well with our circus owlbear companion. The music caused her to go insane and she started terrorizing the crowd! After that traumatic experience, I bid Rimple farewell and we both agreed to never speak of this dreadful experience ever again. Well, I agreed anyway. Knowing Rimple, half of Faerun knows this story by now. The thought of that is… unpleasant. Anyway, let’s change the subject.

So why am I here with you all now then? Well, you see, I had heard of the exploits of a group of heroes, the Silver Blaze, and I’ve decided to document your adventures in my next greatest work as a book of poems and song! You will all be famous! And more importantly, I will be famous! Once my family hears of this they will be so very proud of their little Peregrine. So, what do you say, may I join you?

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2018 - 4:30am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 54 Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Excellent character hook. Any of the mentioned possibilities are fine. Let me know if you need any help with anything.

Equipment budget beyond what your class provides is 4,000 gp. Base prices for magic items are 150,500,2000 for common, uncommon, rare. Very Rare and higher items are out of your price range and not available for casual purchase in any case.

I should note that I'm a fan of bringing in new magic items, especially ones that provide unique and interesting possibilities rather than just giving a bonus. So if there's something you'd like to import from another edition, or if you have an idea for something unique, ask me.

In regards to the setting, you are adventuring in the Forgotten Realms, also known as Faerun. It is one of Dungeons & Dragons 's most popular settings, and a lot of novels and games are based around it. As a result, there's a heck of a lot of lore available online for your perusal. Feel free to look stuff up and abuse the heck out of it in making your character.

Most of the action has been in western Faerun, the Sword Coast in particular. In that area, the two cities that would most fit your description would be Waterdeep and Neverwinter.

In regards to what is publicly known of the Silver Blaze, about half a year ago, they were responsible for protecting a town and its inhabitants from a particularly nasty cult plot. Something about using captive women to breed an army of half dragons.

The Blaze has been quiet since then, and recently vanished into the underdark (Massive nearly worldwide network of tunnels and caverns) via an entry in the city of Waterdeep. Exactly what they've been up too lately is unknown, but rumors have placed them as far off as Cormyr.

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2018 - 7:44am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Creation Character RPG Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Background and Personality

Name - Peregrine Maximillian Cornelius Pennington or "Perry"
Age - 29 years old
Height & Weight - 5’9” 145 lbs.
Race - Winged Tiefling
Looks - Purple skin with wavy purple hair and gold tipped horns that curl towards the back of his head. His eyes are golden and he has purple bat-like wings and a long purple tail with a gold tip. He’s a pretty handsome guy. (I found a fantastic picture of what I imagine him to look like online but I’m not sure on the rules regarding posting links and/or uploading art)
Alignment - True Neutral
Class - 7 College of Glamour Bard / 1 Hexblade (Warlock)
Background - Noble - My family is filled with remarkable people. I hope to live up to their example.
Parents - Both parents are human, Remington and Victoria Pennington, their infernal heritage was dormant until I came along, both parents are still alive and well
Birthplace - Home, the city of Neverwinter
Sibling - One older human sister, Lilliana Pennington, she is a very powerful fighter who is better than me at everything. The only thing I have over her is my superior charm and wit! She is currently an important Knight somewhere unknown to me. We were on good terms.
Best friend - A gnome rogue, Rimple Humplebumple, who is the owner of a traveling circus troupe
Family lifestyle - Aristocratic, lived in a large mansion
Childhood memories - Despite being a tiefling, I found it easy to make friends due to my charismatic nature and family connections. I also dressed remarkably well so that helped.
Warlock backstory - One of my ancestors, the same ancestor who started the infernal heritage that made me a tiefling, made a pact with my patron (Perhaps the Raven Queen, since she created the magic Shadowfell weapons?), so that entity was determined to bind me to the same agreement. My patron treats me with respect but is a strict disciplinarian. When directed, I must take action against the enemy of my patron.
Bard backstory - I was a gifted performer and attracted the attention of my master, a half-elven bard from the Feywild named Lucan Firahel, who taught me the ways of the Glamour Bard.
Defining works - “A Fool in the Fey,” a comedic poem about a demon jester’s travels in the Feywild
Instruments - A beautiful mandolin. Its color a goldish brown, like that of the wings of a majestic golden eagle. Also a golden harp and a silver harmonica.
Embarrassment - During a show with a traveling circus, I was the cause of the circus’s owlbear getting loose and terrorizing the crowd
Ideal - I must prove that I can handle myself without the coddling of my family and go out to make a name for myself
Bond - Nothing is more important to me than the bonds of my family
Flaw - In fact, the world does revolve around me!
Personality and other quirks - Always well dressed. Favorite color combo is purple and gold, like his skin. Has a phobia of getting dirty and will do whatever it takes to get clean. Wants to be the most famous performer in all of Faerun.

Game Statistics

Glamour Bard 7 / Hexblade 1

Strength - 8
Dexterity - 14
Constitution - 15
Intelligence - 11
Wisdom - 10
Charisma - 18

Saving throws - Dexterity and Charisma
Languages - Common, Infernal, Sylvan (From the feywild)
Starter Equipment - set of fine clothes, a signet ring, a scroll of a pedigree, and a purse with 25 gp, a rapier, an entertainer’s pack, and a mandolin, a small harp, and a harmonica
Skill Proficiencies - Persuasion (Expertise), Deception (Expertise), History, Performance, and Sleight of Hand
Tool Proficiencies - Playing Card set
Weapon Proficiencies - Simple and Martial Weapons (From Hexblade)
Armor Proficiencies - Light armor, Medium armor (From Hexblade), Shields (From Hexblade)

Tiefling Traits
--
Darkvision
Hellish Resistance - resistance to fire damage
Winged - fly speed at 30 ft. (2 hours per day with my current Con mod with a chance at being knocked down)

Hexblade Features (Xanathar’s)
--
Expanded Spell List - Access to Shield and Wrathful Smite spells
Hexblade’s Curse - Bonus action, choose one creature within 30 feet. They are cursed for 1 minute
- Bonus to damage rolls against the target equal to proficiency modifier
- Critical hits on 19 and 20 rolls against target
- If the cursed target dies, regain hit points equal to warlock level + Charisma mod
- Can only use once per short or long rest
Hex Warrior - Able to use Medium Armor, Shields, and Martial Weapons. Also able to use Charisma mod instead of Strength or Dexterity for attack and damage rolls for only one weapon that can be chosen once per long rest.

Bard Features (PHB)
--
Ritual Casting
Bardic Inspiration
Jack of All Trades
Expertise (Persuasion and Deception)
Font of Inspiration - Bardic Inspiration comes back on short or long rest
Countercharm

College of Glamour Features (Xanathar’s)
--
Mantle of Inspiration - Bonus action, expend a bardic inspiration to grant yourself a wondrous appearance. Choose a number of creatures that can see you within 60 feet equal to your Charisma modifier. Each of them gains 8 temporary hit points (Increases at certain levels, 11 at 10th, 14 at 15th). When a creature gains these hit points, they can immediately use their reaction to move up to their speed without provoking opportunity attacks.
Enthralling Performance - You can charge your performances with seductive, fey magic. If you perform for at least 1 minute, you can attempt to inspire wonder in your audience by singing, reciting a poem, or dancing. At the end of the performance, choose a number of humanoids within 60 feet equal to your Charisma modifier. Targets must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw against your spell save DC or be charmed. When charmed in this way, the target idolizes you, it speaks glowingly about you to anyone and hinders anyone who opposes you, although it attempts to avoid violence unless it was already inclined to fight on your behalf. This effect ends after 1 hour, if it takes any damage, or if it witnesses you attacking or damaging any of its allies. If a target succeeds on the saving throw, the target has no hint that you tried to charm it.
Mantle of Majesty - As a bonus action, you cast Command without expending a spell slot, and you take on the appearance of unearthly beauty for 1 minute or until concentration ends. During this time, you can cast Command as a bonus action on each turn, without expending a spell slot. Any creature charmed by you automatically fails its saving throw against the command you cast with this feature. Once used, this feature cannot be used again until after a long rest.
Spells
--
Spell Save DC - 15
Spell Attack - +7
Cantrips - Vicious Mockery, Minor Illusion, Friends, Prestidigitation (Warlock), Eldritch Blast (Warlock)
Level 1 - Dissonant Whispers, Faerie Fire, Healing Word, Tasha’s Hideous Laughter, Shield (Warlock), Hex (Warlock)
Level 2 - Suggestion, Silence
Level 3 - Hypnotic Pattern, Tongues, Enemies Abound
Level 4 - Polymorph

As for magic items, I definitely want an Instrument of the Bards, preferably the Canaith Mandolin (Rare) if I can. I also think a Hat of Disguise (Uncommon) would be amazing on this character. I think he needs at least normal breastplate armor and a normal shield. If I’m doing my math correctly, the total for those comes to 2,910 gp, leaving me with 1,090 leftover. I’ll try to dig up some more unique magic items tomorrow. I’m definitely aiming him at a really great character for social encounters. Any cool items or ideas that would help with that would be amazing. Maybe a special, magic deck of cards (Not deck of many things!) that does something unique? I’ll have to think some more on it.

25th Jan, 2018 - 12:20pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Protector. says...

Hi Seath, what an interesting character, and welcome to the group.
Another Warlock that's great, and a glamour bard at that, a bonus.

A winged Teifling, that has a tail to boot. Tazskan is jealous already. Dragonborn's don't have a tail or wings, like a dragon. But you have both, bonus.
But at least Tazskan, has his own scaled down version of a dragon breath weapon.

Seath, I would be interested to know if you found any other info, on those weird other worldly beings that Warlocks make pacts with. Are they from another planet? Plane? Outside of Faerun?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
25th Jan, 2018 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation - Page 54

The Awakened says...

Hi Seath, I got a chance to look at your character so far and I like it. I'm sure Nikolaos will enjoy having another talented musician to work with again. Glamour bards are really nice and I'm looking forward to seeing one in action.
One thought that I had and perhaps Daishain could chime in on this. I also picked up an instrument of the bard (Does Lute), because they are amazing. I am wondering if it can be used at the same time as a shield.
Nikolaos is currently away from the group looking for recruits in a major dwarf city. He should meet back up with them in a few days. That may be a good entry point for your character.

Post Date: 25th Jan, 2018 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 54

Welcome to the group Seath! I love your character concept. He will be a fun addition to the group. Any friend of Cinder is a friend of ours!

+  « First of 58 pgs.  50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D RPG Character Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.