Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 538 of 948

If we take on the actual guards of this place - Page 538 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 948 pgs.  534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 538

We have slain some of the replacement troops, and some of the on-duty troops. They will start wondering, then start searching. We can hopefully pick off troops as they come to us. Eventually though the balloon will go up and it will get bad.

I say we hunker down, let troops come and do our best to impersonate cultists and defer suspicion. If we can, the rest lasts longer. If not, we are no worse off than we are now. If we get the full rest in, we move out, perform a sweep-&-clear until we get to the vampire's lair. That's our next objective. Honestly, if we can take out the troops and vampire, without alerting the dragon, we should be able to slow the castle a bit more, get at least a short rest in, then hit the dragon. I don't think Cratol wants the dragon cult to know where his family estate is.

As usual, if things go pear-shaped, teleport out. Some folks can use the griffons, whatever is at hand… Daishain, we have cleared these levels of the keep, right? Nikolaos, can you get from your new best friend how many troops are on board? Where their barracks are, etc?

Sponsored Links:
8th Dec, 2017 - 4:13pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

How, do we as a large group take on a white dragon?
So it has a cold breath weapon, in a line? Then do we spread out, not stand in front like sitting ducks?

Then, we need to try and attack it when it isn't airborne either. I'm assuming we are not going to try and talk to it this time?

Cinder, how do we perform a coherent response? Or do some of us bombard it with everything we got, weaken it before melee attack?

What about a Vampire, how to stop it from transforming into mist, running water, or sunlight somehow?

Penny, for thoughts here?

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:17pm

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:18pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

It is down below in cavern that has a big opening so it can go in and out. And even though fighting in its lair would have big disadvantages, I'd rather have it in there than somewhere it gets airborne. I'd almost like to land the castle somewhere that will block the cavern entrance if possible but that seems unlikely to happen.

As for fighting it, yeah, we try to stay spread out so breath weapons and other Area of Effects can't catch us all at once. And as long as it stays on the ground, Poljen can keep hitting it and hurting it. Heck, if Velon can climb on its back and keep that bloody necklace by its head, that might buy a round or two of no spells cast! If he'd rather Poljen do that, I think it would not take much convincing. That sounds like the crazy sort of thing he'd find fun.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 538 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

The upper two floors have been thoroughly cleared. The one you are on now has been barely touched, and you haven't yet found something you would describe as a general barracks. Basically what you've been rampaging through were the officer's quarters.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Sounds good to me no officers to tell the general guards what to do or how to organize them. I am sure that we can take on the common soldiers with a little bit of difficulty. The only leaders left are the vampiress and the dragon.

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:29pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Replying to the question about caster tactics: As a Wizard standard tactics is blast large areas of bad guys with multiple elements and see what's still standing. Single targets are almost a waste of spell slots, but Hold person for minor crowd control. A lot of protective concentration spells make for single target party member buffing and such, reinforcing the tanks. Picking up Storm Sphere recently is a big boon, as it does AoE damage in 40' diameter, and bonus action 4d6 lightning bolts for 10 rounds for those sneaky single targets who don't stay in the whirlwind. It's a concentration spell, as well, which remove any lasting protective spells. I've the Spell Sniper feat, which makes the range enormous, as well as enemy taking cover near useless. I usually try to stick more than one Dash away from the bad guys and lob spells in from range, putting my Arcane Shield in the way of the tank's damage. Arcane Shield is used after damage is dealt, so it allows me to pick and choose what to prevent on the tanks, but it is limited to 17 points max. It recharges only when Abjuration spells are cast, so it usually doesn't come back. Anything else as far as tactics go is adlib.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:34pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:31pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 538

So if it works out for the clean and sweep how will we conduct that? Stealth team out front again or what?

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 4:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 538

If we take on the actual guards of this place we would need those that are good fighters out in front and the rest behind them to provide cover for the casters to take out many of those that remain in the castle. They can not be re-enforced as we control the castle movements now. The better ACed members will take out the general rable.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.