Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 635 of 948

Before I make my final decisions regarding - Page 635 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 4th Jan, 2018 - 1:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 948 pgs.  631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
4th Jan, 2018 - 4:24am / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 635

The Awakened says...

We will need to do something about that hole in the dragon entrance. One thought I had is if we could cover it up with an illusion. If we don't want to hire a spell caster to wall it up we could always hire a bunch of masons and serfs. We may also want to consider hiring laborers to subdivide some of these floors. I like high ceilings but it may be a better to not have giant sized bedrooms.
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on my instant fortress idea or if I should go with something more conventional.
Also I was considering swapping out hideous laughter for charm monster from xanthars guide and wasn't sure if it was allowed.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 5:40am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Paul, Jm fine with that. Lora will be leaving the game very soon. It doesn't mean she can't interact with the group members from time to time via the side stories thread during down time.

Cinder, that's hard to say. It's really a toss up either way between the two spell slots and the cloak. In a longer fight I feel that the cloak would save more than two hits unlike two shield spells.

King owl, the fortress is a great idea to me. Someone had mentioned quite a while ago about getting one. Daishain thought that it was overpowered and wouldn't allow any auto damage from it originally expanding. Just be aware of that. It's still a great item. I love the idea of it and think it could be of great assistance to the group.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 4th Jan, 2018 - 5:41am

4th Jan, 2018 - 5:53am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Protector. says...

So, when do I get to meet Geoffrey and Lia? Anytime soon? I don't intend to leave anytime soon,myself and besides I've just started! biggrin.gif.

Oh, did I just catch Dai mentioning that we ALL go up to level 8 for our collective efforts? So, does that mean I can, distribute the leveling between Warlock and Paladin? Paladin 4th level, Warlock 4th level?
Sounds interesting? Should I go Paladin 3rd level, and Warlock 5th level? Or should I pick Paladin 5th level and Warlock 3rd level?
Choices? How long do I get to decide Dai?

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 4th Jan, 2018 - 6:02am

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 6:36am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 635 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Anron, 5th lv paladin gives you an extra attack. I would take advantage of that, giving you more opportunities to smite.

Daishain, before I decide on what item to pick, I wanted to know if I could find out what cloak Ignazio is wearing. He put it on right before the dragon fight. Thanks.

Kingowl, I too am considering polymorph. Maybe we can be T-rex twins smile.gif.

4th Jan, 2018 - 8:03am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

I think, for Tazskans leveling it needs to be Warlock 4th level and Paladin 4th level, to make up to 8.
It's not a good idea to drop one at expense of other. The pacts and agreements are signed off on already, for both disciplines.
It means more adventuring is in order for Tazskan.

As a side note it would be sad to let Zarra go. Plus it's not everyday that a character can see a resurrection ritual. Can't wait for that hint hint!

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 10:40am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Anron, I'm not sure when Taz will meet Lia. I'm wondering how Daishain will have her reunite with the group. Hopefully it will be very soon.

I would caution against continuing to go back and forth between paladin and warlock. You would be better off picking one to stay with and then put all the rest of your levels into it. Multiclassing is fun and can add versatility. Going with an even split will hurt you very much in the long run however. Say you get to level 20 with 10 levels in both paladin and warlock. Your character will basically have the capabilities of a 10th level paladin and a 10th level warlock. You would be much stronger being a level 15 paladin/level 5 warlock for example. You are losing out on your higher level abilities and spells by taking too many levels in more than one class. It would still be fun and it is your character. I don't want you to feel like your character is useless later. Down the road you would be very conscious of a gap in power between him and others that didn't multiclass as much.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 4th Jan, 2018 - 10:41am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 12:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 635

Croftstr, that was a cloak of fortification. It requires attunement, but renders the bearer immune to sneak attack damage.

Kyrroeth, Lia will have her chance to rejoin soon enough, just have Lora depart when you feel it appropriate.

All, there will be about 2 weeks of in game downtime prior to the next chapter beginning. I suggest thinking about how your character would spend time recovering and reacting to this latest ordeal and windfall.

In regards to the question of how long you guys have to make a decision, you basically have until I start asking for ability dependent actions again, which should be at least a few real time days.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 4th Jan, 2018 - 12:58pm

Post Date: 4th Jan, 2018 - 1:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 635

Before I make my final decisions regarding leveling and items, can someone remind me of the details on that ring that would prevent him from being charmed? Doe sit work against all mind control spells, etc? I assume it needs attunement…

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.