Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 654 of 948

Looks like Persusion-ageddon in the Main thread! - Page 654 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Jan, 2018 - 4:32pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 948 pgs.  650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
17th Jan, 2018 - 4:40am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 654

The Protector. says...

Good point Cinder, Dai, I think it would be wise to accompany Ranger Pell on foot. So, that's exactly what Tazskan does. It would take to long for Lawrence to conjure up 10 steeds anyhow.

Unless otherwise noted, Tazskan will accompany the Ranger, and wait for him to open up the gate, for all of the group.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Jan, 2018 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Because I like giving the opportunity for options, I'm going to allow for the purchase of "Dwarvencraft" gear in this place. The system for such items used by 3.5e doesn't really work in this edition, so I'm going with something else.

Basically, add 500 gp to the cost of the base item, and pick one of the following properties as appropriate. An additional 1000 gp will let you add a second property, but that is the maximum. These bonuses are not magical, and the items can be enchanted afterwards.

Weapons,
Balanced: add finesse property (Incompatible with heavy weapons)
Huge: add +2 damage and Heavy property (Negates finesse property, cannot be applied to Heavy weapon)
Hooks: +4 damage on critical hit
Unusual: weapon deals 2 types of damage (IE a morningstar dealing blunt and piercing)
Frightening: weapon confers advantage on Intimidation checks

Armor/shields,
Lightened: half weight
Agile: +1 to maximum Dexterity bonus to AC (Medium or heavy armor only)
Locking Joints: As bonus action, can self impose disadvantage on Dexterity saving throws in exchange for advantage on Strength saves. Another BA ends the effect. (Armor only)
Spikes: Can make an attack with the armor or shield for 1d4 piercing damage.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2018 - 11:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Dai,
In order to provide the material for the Secret Chest spell, it says a 5,000GP main chest is required, with a matching 50GP mini version. Could there be options or unusual features that could be incorporated in the design, that still makes it a 5K GP value? I'm thinking of making the chest longer than the 3'x2'x'2' in the spell description if that was possible to do, in order to allow holding rods without issue, and possibly longer items. What about multiple compartments or racking? Could it be possible to allow two people to share/summon a single chest, so that Poppo & Lawrance could combine stuff in it?
I'm annoying, I know. biggrin.gif.

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2018 - 12:16am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 654 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I see no reason you cannot define the shape of your container. I am going to impose a volume limit of 12 cubic feet however, the same as the default shape

I am also going to grant the request for a second access key. You'll need to purchase the second key, and cast the spell again, though those are not serious limitations.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 18th Jan, 2018 - 12:17am

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2018 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Can Cratol presume that the dwarves can deliver the light ballista to the sky castle? If so he will set a time for the delivery later today if possible or tomorrow around mid day?

18th Jan, 2018 - 1:10pm / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Awakened says...

I have taken the liberty to update Nikolaos's character sheet with the magic items. I still need to purchase a few mundane things before hitting the skies again.
I was able to work in sending stones into his budget as someone pointed out the utility of that item in our situation.

Edit: He is going to put his old armor in the armory of the castle when we get back to distribute it to hirelings as needed.

Reconcile Edited: Kingowlbear on 18th Jan, 2018 - 1:30pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Jan, 2018 - 2:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 654

Daishain, you are most generous with letting us customize characters with items, etc. Thank you. It is really fun. I could see doing a whole build around the 'Balanced' customization you listed alone.

A few questions…
- Can these properties be added to our existing weapons, or only new weapons forged from scratch by the dwarves, i.e. Can Velon add 'Huge' to his existing mace?

- For the 'Spikes' being added to a shield, would that then be considered an off-hand weapon that could be swung with a Bonus Action, or only something one would use if disarmed? If so can other melee damage modifiers be added, or would it only be the 1d4 max?

Post Date: 18th Jan, 2018 - 4:32pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 654

Looks like Persusion-ageddon in the Main thread! Guidance, Historian, Advantage bonuses - these salesmen will never know what hit them.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.