Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 675 of 948

Poljen has a trained eagle that he uses for - Page 675 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 8th Feb, 2018 - 1:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2018 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 675

It's only like 60 feet detection too, so it's not really worth it unless you suspect something is hidden that can't be seen directly or you want to verify that something is really one of these three kinds of creatures.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2018 - 8:03pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Like most spells and triggered abilities in 5e, timing is everything. You need to know when to use it and how it works because otherwise it's wasted.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2018 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I'm a bit confused on the suggestion of using familiars to scout while we fly safely in the castle. It's a safe strategy and I think we should go with it if possible, but I believe the range on seeing through a familiar's eyes is 100 feet per the spells reading and per the game's intent. Otherwise you could see across any distance with a level 1 spell… which I don't believe was intended. However, I suppose you could argue that birds of prey can see pretty far down.

See also, the Sage Advice titled, "Does the 100′ range apply to familiar abilities?"

Nevertheless, as always, it's the Dungeon Master's call.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2018 - 11:27pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 675 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

I gather the strategy, because of the 100' limit, is to have familiars flying back and forth between the castle and the road reporting what they saw when out of the telepathy range? I suppose we could fly a long distance up river to make time and then send a familiar down to see if the tracks are still there or not? I know the warlock familiar will be better that this with regard to telepathy distance, etc. But it is also the one that stands out the most to the enemy, I'd think.

I don't know, I just know I want to really get into a quest soon and not overcomplicate things.

Post Date: 7th Feb, 2018 - 11:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

When Tax gets a little higher in warlock level he will have unlimited communication range on the same plane with his familiar. That will be a huge help for scouting.

8th Feb, 2018 - 12:59am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

The Protector. says...

In the meantime though, for my familiar would roll on stealth to "Blend" in.
So as not to stand out like a mini black dragon in the blue sky.

Unfortunately Cinder, your correct, not automatic, blend in, stealth like for my familiar.
I will use him, for this type of mission, if you feel necessary for the group, though.

Yep, I admit the divine sense a bit underrated, not really useful or effective out in the open. Maybe I will wait until, he is traversing caverns?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
8th Feb, 2018 - 1:15am / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 675

The Awakened says...

For scouting purposes Nikolaos could always charm an animal and then Poljen can cast beast sense as a ritual. We wouldn't even have to risk a familiar that way.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2018 - 1:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 675

Poljen has a trained eagle that he uses for that. We previously did as you suggested Kingowl. Poljen enjoyed it so much that he bought a trained bird to remove one step from the process.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 8th Feb, 2018 - 1:21am

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.