Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 680 of 948

Ahead through the big bulging door that Poljen, - Page 680 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 10th Feb, 2018 - 5:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

29th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 948 pgs.  676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
10th Feb, 2018 - 7:21am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 680

The Protector. says...

Dai, how wide is this passage that slants down at a steep angle, on the second wooden doorway?
Can the group go down two by two or is it single file? Or wider to accommodate everyone?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2018 - 8:38am / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Daishain, in the past we rolled normally for ability checks unless another character stated that they were helping. Lately I've seen a lot of rolling with advantage for help without anyone stating they were helping. Is it okay to pretty much roll all ability checks with advantage automatically assuming that someone is helping them? I know certain ability checks can't be helped. I just wanted a little clarification for the group.

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2018 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I noticed that too Kyr and also thought it was weird. I've been explicitly stating helping with Perry because he sucks at normal dungeon delving skills and this is probably his best way to contribute with this kind of stuff. I wasn't sure if folks had some special items or skills that allowed them advantage for certain checks.

10th Feb, 2018 - 2:52pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Page 680 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

Dai, I can now see the tactical map on the SRD. You may need to update the names, for Mari, Lia, Perry?
Also can you place us all on the map, so we can ascertain our exact location.

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2018 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Anron, we play this by 'theater of the mind' except on rare occasions when a map is critical so we understand what is happening in combat. Tracking exact positioning out of combat as well is asking a lot more work from the Dungeon Master. We need to be able to describe where we are and what we are doing via our writing.

I too would like to register a vote against the recent trend of power gaming. The HELP action should be described by one player on how they'd like to help another, not assumed to exist on every roll for the rest of the campaign. We also shouldn't be applying abilities that take an Action to aid one other character to all characters at all times, especially in split second reactions to things like being asked to make a Save.

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2018 - 3:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Indeed, if not explicitly receiving aid from others, do not assume it.

Taz, the map's for general reference until you get into combat. Define yourself wherever you wish on it for the most part, I'll ask when specific positioning matters.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 10th Feb, 2018 - 5:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 680

I think we are spending too much time here. There is another party ahead of us tat would have set off or disabled any traps. I think we need to move and see what is ahead of us and not worry so much about a side passage.

Post Date: 10th Feb, 2018 - 5:43pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 680

Ahead through the big bulging door that Poljen, Taz, and Velon can't move even with their full strength? The Well room is a safe, resting room which is basically a dead end. The only other way is the hallway with the secret passage that a high perception roll revealed. I think the passage is definitely worth investigating. It could lead to a secret room or be a shortcut.

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.