Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 719 of 948

Anron, if you are asking if Paul cares about - Page 719 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 21st Mar, 2018 - 1:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 948 pgs.  715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723  ...Latest (948) »
Closed
Daishain’s 5th Edition D&D RPG Main Thread Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Related Information to Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
NOTE: Anything related to your schedule, why you could not Post, issues at home, your plans for the future and so forth go in your Introduction, NOT in this Thread. You can access your Introduction at anytime- use the button that says "My Intro" within your Posts or from your Profile. Additionally, to befriend someone, get to to know them, carry on small talk and so forth please use their Introduction by clicking on the same "My Intro" button on their Profile or Post.
20th Mar, 2018 - 11:20am / Post ID: #
Zarra Glannath
Arcane Trickster 9
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet ◀
Associates Has 2 Associates
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support - Page 719

The Quiet Shadow says...

Make sure to keep that in mind for the future, I honestly wasn't sure and it was already getting late when I eventually was able to post. Thanks for the information, I guess that would make sense given how large our group is.

Sponsored Links:
20th Mar, 2018 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

The Protector. says...

That's a fair question Dai, but Tazskan's hit points are low for a pure melee character.
Because he has the ability to cast, destructive energy, it has been easier, for him to use this. As opposed to receiving more damage, and possibly giving it in melee?

The rationale being, to cast offensive spells first. Wait until a stronger opponent is weaker, then go in as a Paladin, in melee. This, would be the case for dragon's, and powerful creatures.

But, against something like an Ogre, or a Cultist, etc. Then your correct. He should engage as a Paladin in melee with them. But, still a fair question to which I don't have a full answer yet. I know, I do seem to be using the Warlock abilities more of the time, in retrospect.

One thing, Cinder mentioned though, if Tazskan were to level up again the prudent choice would be Paladin over Warlock. To gain the extra attack, but that would be a Paladin style melee attack!

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2018 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support
A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I suspected that the Naga had a dual concentration advantage, which is huge in 5e,though I was hoping it was an item. Greedy wizard, I know. Dai, I enjoy the boss fights like these, where the boss is unusually tough or clever or boosted, as it makes the combats epic! Don't stop having creative critters, just not TPK creative *smile*.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 20th Mar, 2018 - 1:13pm

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2018 - 8:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 719 Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Anron, I believe that Daishain is possibly offering you the chance to remake Taz as a full warlock. You are basically playing as a warlock of 4th level. Half of your character levels are wasted if you don't use them. You could be much stronger if Taz was a full warlock with your play style. I've seen you playing for quite some time and Taz has actually used his sword maybe one time. It's something to consider.

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2018 - 8:35pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Support QampA Rules Dragons and Dungeons e Daishains

Hi Anron, since you mentioned my previous comments, I think those were made under the assumption that you were going to be a melee character. The main goal was to get your second melee attack at Paladin 5. Eldritch Blast will automatically level for you, adding beams as you go, so if you prefer that tactic most of the time you don't need the Paladin levels, at least not for the reasons I was originally thinking of.

It certainly can be tough to decide which way to go once multi-classing. I've done a change in direction for Velon because of the strong melee magical items found, and Velon's propensity to fail his saves, thus level 5 and 6 of Paladin will aid him greatly, the latter helping others nearby as well. In the meantime my own build is a bit of a mess! I'd have gone Paladin 5, Sorcerer 3 by now if I had planned it out better, probably, and would be looking forward to one more level for the paladin aura. Can't complain though, Velon is still useful and I have more spell slots and sorcery points to play with via the path he's taken!

PS. Don't forget your Charisma modifier added to Eldritch Blast damage via the Agonizing Blast invocation for every beam of it you fire.

Post Date: 20th Mar, 2018 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think using a healers kit on the dwarf was a waste but that is just Cratol's opinion. He was not dead or dying any time too soon. But we can still keep him prisoner until we get the info from him about the white mask.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Mar, 2018 - 12:46am / Post ID: #
Tazskan Daardendrien
Dragonborn Lvl 10 Warl...
Character
Follower / Middle Front
Character Sheet Lock
Rival Has a Rival
Genealogy Ancestral Line
Base Has a Home Base

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support - Page 719

The Protector. says...

Just trying to gauge, interest here. How would everyone react, if Tazskan were to renounce his Paladin oath.
Instead, become a full level 8 Warlock class? Renewing, and strengthening a pact with an other worldly being??
But no longer having any skills or power of a Paladin.

Thoughts anyone?

Post Date: 21st Mar, 2018 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's 5e D&D Rules Q&A Support D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 719

Anron, if you are asking if Paul cares about Taz renouncing his Oath, that's entirely up to you. If you mean how would the characters feel about an actual in-game renunciation, well, Poljen would have to know what that entails, and what the consequences are. What abilities would Taz gain and lose? Would he give up some cool equipment that doesn't work as well for him now? Things like that…

> TOPIC: Daishain's 5e D&D Rules, Q&A, And Support

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.