Christopher Wilkins

Christopher Wilkins - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 4:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Death row inmate executed
Post Date: 12th Jan, 2017 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Christopher Wilkins

Texas has executed death row inmate Christopher Wilkins, the nation's first execution in 2017

More than 11 years after killing two men, Wilkins, 48, was put to death by lethal injection Wednesday, the Associated Press reported. Wilkins' attorneys asked the U.S. Supreme Court to halt the execution, saying he had poor legal help at trial and during other appeals. Seven executions were carried out last year in Texas, the fewest since 1996. Ref. USAToday.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Christopher Wilkins
A Friend

Wilkins Christopher

The way I look at this is if you kill a person you should be willing to die at the hands of the state. The moment you take a persons life for no reason then you have given up your right to continue to live. I know this is not a prefect solution but maybe if we had more death penalties then we would help reduce the number of murders in the world.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 10:56pm / Post ID: #

Christopher Wilkins
A Friend

Christopher Wilkins History & Civil Business Politics

My only issue is that we must be certain that the person did it. DNA testing must be done. There have been cases of inmates being wrongfully convicted and then being released later. That option is not available if the person has already been executed.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2017 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

Christopher Wilkins
A Friend

Wilkins Christopher

Yes DNA evidence to make sure we have the correct person. Just like if DNA evidence states that a person is a sexual predator then they should be chemically castrated. I am not one to be nice to those who are guilty. But we do need to make sure that we have it correct.

Post Date: 22nd Feb, 2017 - 4:14am / Post ID: #

Christopher Wilkins
A Friend

Wilkins Christopher

Yes, we have to make as sure as humanly possible that we have the right person. Our justice system, derived from English law, was devised with the assumption that it is better to let ten guilty people go free than to convict one innocent person. Also, the SCOTUS once decided

international QUOTE
it is better, so the Fourth Amendment teaches, that the guilty sometimes go free than that citizens be subject to easy arrest.
This must be especially so when the death sentence is administered.

> TOPIC: Christopher Wilkins

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,