Devin Nunes

Devin Nunes - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 31st Jan, 2018 - 11:24pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Devin Gerald Nunes - US Representative
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 12:14am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Devin Nunes

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes apologized to committee members Thursday, a Democrat on the panel told reporters. The apology came a day after Nunes told the public and President Donald Trump that Trump’s communications and those of his associates may have been picked up after the election by intelligence agencies conducting surveillance of foreign targets.

Nunes revealed the information to Trump and the public before telling Democratic members of the committee.

Rep. Jackie Speier, a Democrat on the committee, said that Nunes apologized at their meeting Thursday morning. Nunes also promised to provide the same information he's viewed to the committee members but did not offer a specific timeline.

His apology comes after a day of fierce criticism from Democrats. The ranking member of the House Oversight Committee believes Nunes should be the subject of an investigation.

"Basically what he has done is he has scuttled and put a cloud over his own investigation and he has become the subject -- he should be -- of an investigation," Rep. Elijah Cummings, D-Maryland, told CNN's Chris Cuomo Thursday on "New Day." "It's a real problem."

"What he did was basically to go to the President, who is being investigated by the FBI and others and by the intelligence committee, to give them information." Ref. USAToday.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 12:33am / Post ID: #

Devin Nunes
A Friend

Nunes Devin

I think that Nunes did a good thing. He is being cruxified now over it by his own party but sometimes some one has to do something to get some type of change going.

Post Date: 24th Mar, 2017 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

Devin Nunes
A Friend

Devin Nunes History & Civil Business Politics

Yeah, and the more I hear the more I start to think President Trump was onto something, he just stated it poorly… as usual.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 4:25pm / Post ID: #

Nunes Devin

House intelligence chairman Devin Nunes announced he was temporarily stepping aside from leading the investigation into Russia's meddling in the 2016 elections.

Nunes cited a series of what he called “false and politically motivated” ethics complaints filed against him alleging that he violated terms of discussing classified material following his clandestine meeting at the White House just over two weeks ago.

"I believe it is in the best interests of the House Intelligence Committee and the Congress for me to have Representative Mike Conaway, with assistance from Representatives Trey Gowdy and Tom Rooney, temporarily take charge of the committee's Russia investigation while the House Ethics Committee looks into this matter," Nunes, a California Republican, said in a statement. Ref. CNN.

Post Date: 31st Jan, 2018 - 11:24pm / Post ID: #

Nunes Devin

The FBI expressed "Grave concerns" Wednesday about the expected release of a classified memo from the House Intelligence Committee that alleges the Justice Department and FBI abused their surveillance authority. "We have grave concerns about material omissions of fact that fundamentally impact the memo's accuracy," the bureau said in a statement as the White House considered releasing the document written by Republican staff at the direction of House Intelligence Committee chairman Devin Nunes, R-Calif. Ref. USAToday.

> TOPIC: Devin Nunes

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,