Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 26 of 54

Mari swallows hard before continuing." - Page 26 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 4:03am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 54 pgs.  22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30  ...Latest (54) »
Closed
Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2018 - 4:40am / Post ID: #

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories
A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories - Page 26

Seeing the barbarian nod off causes Lora to smile. She knows that he is just worn out from the exertions of the last few days. She curls up against him on the bed and joins him in some much needed slumber.

After sleeping for quite some time she wakes up to him stirring. As he awakes she smiles." That was marvelous Muscles. We both needed that."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 8th Jan, 2018 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Poljen wakes up, and is pleased to find Lora nestled in the crook of his arm, but is puzzled. He remembers nothing save for a few passionate kisses. But upon hearing her words of praise, his faces beams. "Yes, yes we did! You too were wonderful!" He kisses her cheek and once more leans back against the headboard of the bed. In a moment of extreme candor he says, "I know you plan to go your own way, Lora. I for one will miss you." He glances down at the dark-haired beauty and says, "I hope to run into you again. And again! !"

12th Jan, 2018 - 3:38am / Post ID: #
Nikolaos Willahelm

Character
Novice / Left Rear Flank
Character Sheet Lock
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Awakened says...

Nikolaos needing to fulfill his obligations arranges to have a private meeting with the local priest of Lathander.
"Good day brother Dawnbringer, it is a pleasure to meet you, and thank you for meeting with me today. I am sure you saw our recent arrival, and I am sure you have questions."
"I was sent to recover an object of great value to the church, which is why I have asked for your discretion and for you to meet me privately. The castle and my alliance with your Barron were an unexpected windfall. And speaking of windfalls, I also have had a financial one and would like to take this opportunity to make my tithe."
"Please allow me to show you the fruits of my labor." Nikolaos reaches into his bag of holding, and reverently retrieves the sundial with both hands. He places it on the table as carefully as if it were a newborn child. Raising his hands towards the sky he sings a prayer to Lathander.
The air around the artifact seems to burst into radiance, illuminating gold and rose colored design on the face of the plate. A road traveling into a sunset. The sun polished so finely that it appears to glow itself. Yet the gnomon cast a shadow so sharp and clean that there is no doubt as to its indication.
"This was gifted by Lathander to his awakened, and I am happy to see it returned. I trust that you can help see to the appropriate arrangements?"
"In regards to the castle, my associates and myself are looking for trustworthy individuals to employ in various tasks. If you have any recommendations as to honest workers, I would love your input."
"I also find myself in a situation that I have not been before. I have benefitted greatly in my life from the lessons I learned under the apprenticeships of more experienced men. I am now for the first time in a position where I can return the favor to the younger generation. Do you know of anyone who might benefit from my mentoring?"

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2018 - 8:10am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 26 Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

Lora grins as he replies." I feel the same Poljen. Don't worry though. You will see me again soon. Maybe we will have more fun next time." She winks at him while wondering how he hasn't noticed that they are both fully clothed.

Post Date: 12th Jan, 2018 - 10:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Stories Side e Dragons and Dungeons Daishains

It is obvious to Lora that Poljen is not puzzled, but more disappointed that he obviously doesn't remember what they did, or actually did not do. But has just enough pride not to ask her for more fun immediately.

Post Date: 21st Jan, 2018 - 11:38pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Mari hesitates before beginning. She looks at them uncertainly and then forces herself to begin." It was no accident that I was in Greenest. I was on a mission there. My organization had heard rumblings about something big happening there. I was sent to look into it. I was caught up in the invasion when Lia saved me." She smiles hopefully at Lia. Lia watches her and is growing greatly concerned.

Mari then continues." A little background on me. I lost my parents at an early age and grew up in the streets. Someone took an interest in me after they saw me re pay a bully for what they had done to me. They brought me food and clothes. I was about 12 then. I eventually began doing minor work for them such as picking pockets. After proving myself for a couple of years I was given a place to stay with some others. I was offered a position with this group. They were known as the Zhentarim. I accepted it. They became the family that I never knew."

Lia openly gapes at this "What?" She puts some distance between her and Mari. She glances over at Velon with a bewildered look on her face.

Mari holds her hands up." Please let me finish. I have more to tell and it gets worse. You two need to heard this."

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 21st Jan, 2018 - 11:39pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories - Page 26

Velon has a grave expression on his face as Mari speaks, giving a side glance at Lia at the mention of the Zhentarim. "Go on, Mari."

Post Date: 22nd Jan, 2018 - 4:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Daishain's D&D 5e Side Stories D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 26

Mari swallows hard before continuing." After my rescue I was told to stay with the Silver Blaze. I reported what the group was up to when I could. I began caring about Lia and the rest of you. It all made me feel as if I was caught in the middle. They never asked me to sabotage the group or act directly against the Blaze so it was easier to continue. The Zhentarim would take advantage of our work and swoop in and steal what they could behind us. "

She pauses again and looks down as she continues." Things changed when we took the assignment from Silas to retrieve the black dragon mask. My employees knew that we were involved in something important. I was given a flying serpent so I could report in more promptly. Silas however was on to me. He pulled me to the side in that room and said I would either break from the Zhentarim or he would lock me up somewhere and I wouldn't be found. I expressed my fear that I would be murdered if the Zhents discovered what I had done."

Silas told me that he could make it appear that I was dead so I could make a clean break from them. I agreed to it at this point. I chose the Blaze over my old employers. I was then allowed to go on the mission to the swamp with all of you. Silas first took my flying snake. He used it to send messages from me supposedly to throw the Zhentarim off our track."

"I spoke with him a couple of days ago. My fake death was successful. He informed me of what the last instructions were that he received for me." Mari looks at the two of them." I was instructed to guide the Blaze into a trap with Zhentarim's waiting. In the confusion I was to kill… Lia.. To remove her healing from the group."

Her eyes are wide as she looks at them in fear." I'm sorry that I didn't speak of this before. I never meant any of you any harm. I did tell Fay all of this but the last bit. He trusted me. I hope that you do too. This information is too important to not share with the Blaze. Be aware that the Zhentarim is very much aware of the Blaze and wishes for the death of all of us now. They are everywhere. I do not doubt that they have agents here. Trust no one."

Lia steps back from the table. A look of shock is evident on her face." Mari… I can't believe it. I..." The wood elf is speechless.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Jan, 2018 - 8:22am

> TOPIC: Daishain's D&D 5e: Side Stories

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.