Nightlain Introduction

Nightlain Introduction - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 7th Apr, 2017 - 7:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 2:49am / Post ID: #

Nightlain Introduction
A Friend

Nightlain Introduction

Hello, I'm here because I would like to practice my skills at writing in a community where I can interact with others. I have a couple fantasy novels in mind but I need to practice being able to come up with scenes off the top of my head; as it is I spend more time thinking about scenes to write and less time writing them.

I started writing when I was 15 with fanfiction, and since then I've probably written somewhere around 300k words. In high school I was able to spend afternoons in the library writing 8+ pages, but a couple years ago I began to have family issues and depression, after which I was put on antidepressants. The medication seemed to change how I thought and I quickly discovered I couldn't just sit and jot down scenes as naturally as I did before. I'm no longer on medication but the ability hasn't really come back to me and I would like to change that, and I know the best way is through practice.

I love fantasy and science fiction, although for the moment I would like to focus on medieval fiction as that is the setting of most of my stories. I really enjoy reading as well and am willing to tackle most books - my most recent read was Crime and Punishment. My other hobbies include painting abstracts using found art to create interesting and dynamic textures.

I'm excited and a little nervous to be here. It has been several years since I've done any RPing - I had a blog with several Elder Scrolls characters I used to write for until some of my friends became bored. I also played Pathfinder for a while with a gestalt Summoner-Ninja who had a terrifying tentacle monster (I'm sure you can imagine the scenarios). I hope to have some crazy adventures here too. Happy writing!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 2:53am / Post ID: #

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 2:55am / Post ID: #

Nightlain Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

Hi Nightlain! Nice to have you here. Do not worry, you will fit in just fine and be able to get RPing very quickly. You may even want to start out with Ruler of Kings II as it allows you to go solo for awhile. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask right here, in your intro thread.

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 10:13pm / Post ID: #

Member + Author
[?] CPosts: 1,034
Flag Posts: 3,902
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 16.8%
[+] Gain: 1,379.41 FP
Charm: 71

Introduction Nightlain

Welcome to role-playing heaven! *laugh* You should enjoy it here. ROK II is a good place to start but if you're looking for any group games we have some of those going to. Ever played AD&D 2e?

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 19th Sep, 2007 - 1:15pm
Signature:
Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 10:23pm / Post ID: #

Nightlain Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Nightlain

international QUOTE (Hunter @ 6-Apr 17, 10:13 PM)
Ever played AD&D 2e?

So far I am very much enjoying ROK II, and I like the assignments that require writing and research to complete for FP. That is perhaps the one skill I need to practice more - being able to write on a subject relatively spontaneously and doing research. I'm afraid I'm not any good at poetry, but with all the boards available for discussions on the main forum Index I might be able to find some pointers in poetry.

And no unfortunately I've only played Pathfinder; I had many friends who played Dungeons & Dragons during high school and they always told me their group was too full. Little did I know it was more for the RP and less about the stats and mishaps that can occur. The group I started playing Pathfinder with was VERY contentious to the rules and arguments would break out over whether or not something was possible. I believe someone tried to create a bottomless hole to fill with endless gunpowder once and this debate lasted maybe three hours. I would love to learn more about Dungeons & Dragons because I'm afraid my knowledge is limited, but here I have many resources, I just need to be able to read faster!

I look forward to spending more time here!

Post Date: 6th Apr, 2017 - 10:33pm / Post ID: #

Member + Author
[?] CPosts: 1,034
Flag Posts: 3,902
Avg: 0.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 16.8%
[+] Gain: 1,379.41 FP
Charm: 71

Nightlain Introduction

That's some serious debate! 3 hours over one issue is a bit crazy for real time. Oh, we also debate role-playing issues too, you can join in the discussions at this link: Source 8z.

Contribution: | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: Ruler of Kings II Text RPG | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 19th Sep, 2007 - 1:15pm
Signature:
Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Nightlain Introduction
A Friend

Nightlain Introduction

Well there are 5th edition, 3.5 edition, 2nd edition and even AD&D edition Dungeons & Dragons games along with a Pathfinder game here. You can join many of them and have fun with everyone.

Post Date: 7th Apr, 2017 - 7:03pm / Post ID: #

Nightlain Introduction
A Friend

Nightlain Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing

I have had a lot to read on the forum, and I haven't even touched the other Role-playing Games yet! It keeps my brain active and I like it. I was wondering, if anyone has an idea, is it okay to share my paintings somewhere (Or even here)? Or is there a thread for sharing art? I tried looking around and I didn't want to just create something. I'm mostly just interested in other's opinions and criticism; abstract art isn't as easy to get responses from other than 'I like/don't like it' because a lot of people just aren't sure how to respond. But I was afraid of breaking any forum rules.

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (6) »

> TOPIC: Nightlain Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,