Cinder Introduction - Page 3 of 6

Open your character sheet and at the top in - Page 3 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 15th Apr, 2017 - 1:35pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 4 42 108 Why Join Help Register/Login via:Register/Login via:
Welcome Guest

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Abnninja
Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Cinder Introduction - Page 3

A Psladin probably wouldn't hurt nor would another magic user, although in truth, whatever you decide we'll integrate and make it work. And the bit about the ballista was a joke… kind of.

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

Premium Editor
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 5
Avg: 3.6 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 93.3%
[+] Gain: 3,667.75 FP
Charm: 7

Introduction Cinder

(Laugh), yeah when they come out with the 'Siege Engineer' option I'll jump on that. Best I can do now is the smallest race combined with the biggest crossbow Daishain will allow me!

Contribution: Premium / Renew: 1 June 2018 | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: -- | Reason: RPG D&D | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 11th Apr, 2017 - 6:34pm
Signature:
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Premium + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 899
Avg: 12.5 Post(s) / Day
Activity: 100%
[+] Gain: 1,379.50 FP
Charm: 92

Cinder Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

By all means, make the character you want, but as I see it, the niche that they have felt the lack of the most at the moment is a war mage of some stripe. Someone able to eliminate large numbers of weaker combatants at once.

A paladin or bladelock geared up to work with Targul just behind Poljen would not be amiss. The party also lacks a druid, and unfortunately is about to lose its ranger.

As to setting background. We're in Dungeons & Dragons 's official Forgotten Realms setting. More specifically, the setting is spread between the sword coast and the western heartlands on the continent of Faerun. Lots of background lore there to draw from.

Contribution: Premium / Renew: 28 November 2018 | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: RPG D&D | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 16th Oct, 2016 - 2:47pm
Signature:
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Premium Editor
Lifestyle

Page 3 Introduction Cinder

Is this the best place to discuss my build with you, or should I take that to the character page now?

I'll have to study up on the lore to see if my background/personality/trait ideas fit. The games I've played have been custom campaigns. My only Sword Coast experience is the Waterdeep board game, a bit on Baldur's Gate, and watching Acquisitions Inc. Play.

I had been building a nature cleric obsessed with protecting all that Silvanus has given us, utilizing shillelagh (And maybe green flame blade if I could swing it). I'm thinking of adjusting that to a sorcerer build for the party AOE, plus sorcery points are fun to play with. I've always wanted to multi-class, so I'm thinking most levels in sorcerer but at least one in another area. This could be fighter or cleric so I could strap on some armor and a 1H weapon for a battle-mage type build, or an Undying Light lock dip. Not sure yet.

Questions to start:
Would a back story that includes an encounter with a dying dragon be appropriate? I'm thinking this could be where I get sorcerer or lock pact powers, as well as compulsions the dragon put upon me to do it's bidding (Protecting nature / destroying evil). (That will depend on the class dips.)

Also, if I take a nature cleric dip and grab Shillelagh, would my spell casting mod for that have to be Wisdom, or can it be Char? The spell doesn't really say, but I'd be picking it up via a Cleric, so…

Thanks!

Contribution: Premium / Renew: 1 June 2018 | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Unsure
Tenet: -- | Reason: RPG D&D | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 11th Apr, 2017 - 6:34pm
Signature:
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Premium + Author
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 807
Avg: 7.0 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 247.79 FP
Charm: 126

Introduction Cinder

Cinder, I would take it to the character creation thread for his game now. It might not be seen here. All the discussion and questions will take place there.

Contribution: Premium / Renew: 8 February 2018 | Credit: | Gender: Female | Politics: Democrat
Tenet: -- | Reason: RPG D&D | Age: Thirty Something | Joined: Reg. 1st Jul, 2016 - 1:50am
Signature: Dovie’andi se tovya sagain. (Time to roll the dice) Matrim Cauthon.
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Premium + Chief
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 899
Avg: 12.5 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 1,379.50 FP
Charm: 92

Cinder Introduction

Yep, take it to the character thread. Source 3l

Notes for now though:
-Undying Light patron is UA material, which isn't officially ready for play. That doesn't mean it isn't available, but it does mean I need to go over it and make balance adjustments. If I recall correctly, Undying Light had a few abilities that were rather on the unbalancing side. (Do note that there is also an Undying patron in the sword coast adventurer's guide which is available to play without tweaking, but it is quite different.)
-A geas from a dying metallic dragon would be entirely possible, if rare and unusual, and even quite appropriate for this campaign.
-Casting stat for a spell is contingent upon the class you get it from. You'd be casting it with Wisdom.

Attached Image Edited: daishain on 12th Apr, 2017 - 7:36pm

Contribution: Premium / Renew: 28 November 2018 | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Humanitarian
Tenet: Agnostic | Reason: RPG D&D | Age: Not Given | Joined: Reg. 16th Oct, 2016 - 2:47pm
Signature:
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Premium Editor
Lifestyle

Page 3 Cinder Introduction

Hello all. How do I edit both my main profile (Cinder) to add a photo, etc.? I can find my profile but can't find a way to edit it.

Also, how do I edit the character I've started via Daishain's character creation page? When I click Create/Edit Character link it only offers me the choice of creating another character.

Thank you! Hope everyone is doing well.

Signature:
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

Diamond + Diplomat
Lifestyle
[?] CPosts: 15,015
Avg: 8.0 Post(s) / Day
[+] Gain: 15,504.91 FP
Charm: 350

Cinder Introduction - Page 3

Open your character sheet and at the top in there you have a link that allows you to update/edit the info In your character sheet. TO upload a photo on your profile talk to the owner of this site.

Blog Read My Blog
Contribution: Diamond Emeritus | Credit: | Gender: Male | Politics: Independent
Tenet: Christian (secular) | Reason: RPG Medieval | Age: Fifty Something | Joined: Reg. 8th Feb, 2008 - 3:49am
Signature: Be who you are as others who try to name you do not know you.
Guest please SHARE: "Cinder Introduction" on:

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Sponsored Links:

We may have more on Cinder Introduction, Search first and if not Start A NEW Topic if Cinder Introduction is not what you had in mind.
Options Fast Reply Add Reply Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Cinder Introduction

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits

Latest Topics

Key: Background for Upgraded Members
Updated every 5 minutes See More

Latest Member Intro

Newest Members

Updated every: 31 minutes

World Issues

North Korea Military:
Discuss  North Korea Military This Thread is about the North Korean Military itself - the kind of army, navy, and air force they have. By Wizard 2.1 Days Ago
USA vs Syria:
versus U.S.A. Is Syria the next Iraq? By News 3.3 Days Ago
North Korea vs South Korea:
versus North Korea Vs. South Korea By News 1 Week Ago
USA vs North Korea:
North Korea Nuclear Weapons
versus USA This country is no Iraq. What is the USA going to do? What will be the outcome? By News 1 Week Ago
China vs USA:
USA versus China versus Chinese versus Americans The role of its Army, Politics, and Status in the World. By News 28th Dec, 2017 - 11:25pm
Russia vs. Syria:
Syria vs Russia By News 12th Dec, 2017 - 2:36am
Do You Know What To Do In A Nuclear Attack?:
Top  Do Know In Nuclear Attack By Gknightbc 18th Oct, 2017 - 9:45pm
Japan vs North Korea:
North Korea versus Japan versus War With Japan By Swell 17th Oct, 2017 - 4:17pm
USA vs Germany:
Germany versus U.S.A. By News 20th Sep, 2017 - 3:44pm
China Military:
China Military Technology Preparing For China. China is growing their military. China Military Technology - can it keep up with the US? By Abnninja 5th Mar, 2017 - 5:25pm
China Navy:
Chinese Aircraft Carrier
China Navy Beware the new Naval power, they are planning to come on stream with big naval might to match their ground forces. Chinese Aircraft Carrier - Chinese Navy By News 17th Dec, 2016 - 12:39am