Cinder Introduction - Page 3 of 10

Open your character sheet and at the top in - Page 3 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 15th Apr, 2017 - 1:35pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 10:41pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Cinder Introduction - Page 3

A Psladin probably wouldn't hurt nor would another magic user, although in truth, whatever you decide we'll integrate and make it work. And the bit about the ballista was a joke… kind of.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 10:45pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Cinder

(Laugh), yeah when they come out with the 'Siege Engineer' option I'll jump on that. Best I can do now is the smallest race combined with the biggest crossbow Daishain will allow me!

Post Date: 11th Apr, 2017 - 11:04pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Cinder Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

By all means, make the character you want, but as I see it, the niche that they have felt the lack of the most at the moment is a war mage of some stripe. Someone able to eliminate large numbers of weaker combatants at once.

A paladin or bladelock geared up to work with Targul just behind Poljen would not be amiss. The party also lacks a druid, and unfortunately is about to lose its ranger.

As to setting background. We're in Dungeons & Dragons 's official Forgotten Realms setting. More specifically, the setting is spread between the sword coast and the western heartlands on the continent of Faerun. Lots of background lore there to draw from.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 6:07pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Page 3 Introduction Cinder

Is this the best place to discuss my build with you, or should I take that to the character page now?

I'll have to study up on the lore to see if my background/personality/trait ideas fit. The games I've played have been custom campaigns. My only Sword Coast experience is the Waterdeep board game, a bit on Baldur's Gate, and watching Acquisitions Inc. Play.

I had been building a nature cleric obsessed with protecting all that Silvanus has given us, utilizing shillelagh (And maybe green flame blade if I could swing it). I'm thinking of adjusting that to a sorcerer build for the party AOE, plus sorcery points are fun to play with. I've always wanted to multi-class, so I'm thinking most levels in sorcerer but at least one in another area. This could be fighter or cleric so I could strap on some armor and a 1H weapon for a battle-mage type build, or an Undying Light lock dip. Not sure yet.

Questions to start:
Would a back story that includes an encounter with a dying dragon be appropriate? I'm thinking this could be where I get sorcerer or lock pact powers, as well as compulsions the dragon put upon me to do it's bidding (Protecting nature / destroying evil). (That will depend on the class dips.)

Also, if I take a nature cleric dip and grab Shillelagh, would my spell casting mod for that have to be Wisdom, or can it be Char? The spell doesn't really say, but I'd be picking it up via a Cleric, so…

Thanks!

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Introduction Cinder

Cinder, I would take it to the character creation thread for his game now. It might not be seen here. All the discussion and questions will take place there.

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2017 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Cinder Introduction

Yep, take it to the character thread. Source 3l

Notes for now though:
-Undying Light patron is UA material, which isn't officially ready for play. That doesn't mean it isn't available, but it does mean I need to go over it and make balance adjustments. If I recall correctly, Undying Light had a few abilities that were rather on the unbalancing side. (Do note that there is also an Undying patron in the sword coast adventurer's guide which is available to play without tweaking, but it is quite different.)
-A geas from a dying metallic dragon would be entirely possible, if rare and unusual, and even quite appropriate for this campaign.
-Casting stat for a spell is contingent upon the class you get it from. You'd be casting it with Wisdom.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 12th Apr, 2017 - 7:36pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 1:32pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Cinder Introduction - Page 3

Hello all. How do I edit both my main profile (Cinder) to add a photo, etc.? I can find my profile but can't find a way to edit it.

Also, how do I edit the character I've started via Daishain's character creation page? When I click Create/Edit Character link it only offers me the choice of creating another character.

Thank you! Hope everyone is doing well.

Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 1:35pm / Post ID: #

Cinder Introduction
A Friend

Cinder Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 3

Open your character sheet and at the top in there you have a link that allows you to update/edit the info In your character sheet. TO upload a photo on your profile talk to the owner of this site.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  ...Latest (10) »

> TOPIC: Cinder Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,