3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 6 of 42

The only reason I am doing so is based on - Page 6 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th May, 2017 - 5:48am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 42 pgs.  2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  ...Latest (42) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Create your Character here. Your Character is based on your real life stats. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 3:25am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 6

To be honest, there is some ways to do it. Take a look at the Unearthed Arcana Gustault class. It does also have a restriction remover of sorts. It combines two classes and gives the best of both.

Would you allow the combination of the Shaman or a variant of Shaman with monk using the shaman's alignment recommendations. I am also willing to remove the spellcasting in some degree to augment the class. However, if we go with the Dragon Shaman class, from the Dragon Magic supplement, as the shaman class for the gustalt it would make for a unique prospective.

I am only giving this as a suggestion. And bringing it yo the table for consideration.

Sponsored Links:
27th May, 2017 - 3:42am / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

I'm actually a little curious to see what the members here might have to say on what my stats might be if I were to join.

In my honest consideration, I wouldn't exactly provide stats but I can provide additional details about myself that others might not know. I am admittedly pretty heavy set, about 350 lb, which would make me a bit bulky though I actually rarely get sick with a surprisingly high Immune system and overall health.. In my strength, I can actually surprised some, but I cannot generally do such for an extended time.

Given my weight, my overall speed and maneuverability might be a little low, as well my endurance for hard exertion, but I am very intelligent if focused on certain areas with a perspective that maybe different than others around me. My thoughts and behavior a bit odd.

Wisdom and charisma might be a little difficult to decide, giving my Asperger's, as my awareness or perception might take a hit as other things distract me. More, while I can definitely be very personable and friendly… there is the issue that what I say or do might come off strangely to others or annoy them. More, I can be a bit open and overly honest with others as well as overly trusting but also not realize if I say something wrong. I don't cry easily though otherwise I can get impassioned, emotional, or upset while not being certain how to express such.

With this, I very often seek to avoid or diminish conflict from those around me as I have some sensitivity to such. Particularly among my friends, as I wish for others to get along as well take them or mediator approach. That why there are particular things that I stand firmly on and will not budge on, there are many others in which I try to take a middle ground as I consider many perspectives.

I have a love of reading, legends folklore, and even ancient history. Expressing myself creatively by way of storytelling and creating characters strong personalities or a particular path to follow. With this, I have a desire to have more confidence in myself and my capabilities as I often express this with a heroes I create… or even villains.

I see merit in believing in heroes, I'm standing for what one believes in, and being inspired to become more than who you are. Of having the hope, believe, and optimism the see-through the darkness that could be all around. Also, the importance of second chances for those who truly feel guilt and wish to become better then they are. Through such, redemption is a powerful theme that I appreciate in stories.

I do have a religious upbringing, with a knowledge of my faith and firm belief in the divine. Not sure how this can play a part, but perhaps I could mix a divine class with a bard in some way. There are ways of working such out.

Details can be added if any have something else I can add or expand on.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th May, 2017 - 5:12am

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 5:03am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Allen, I don't know about the gestalt idea. We aren't playing a gestalt campaign. There can't be one gestalt character and the others are normal characters.

Thomas, it would be easy to start as either a bard or a type of divine caster and multiclass bard or vice versa. I have no idea about your stats. Ninja and Daishain are much better with that.

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 5:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 6 Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Agreed, gestalts really were not meant to handle simple issues like alignment restrictions, and certainly were not meant for one character alone to use. There is potential for massive boosts in effective power, even among the simpler combinations.

It would be much simpler to request a removal of or change to the alignment restriction. Frankly, I've never heard a good argument as to why monks must be lawful anyways. (Actually none of the class alignment restrictions entirely jive with me, though some are less egregious than others)

Thomas, for stats, could you take a look through the link we provided recently and describe yourself in the kind of context they used there? It would make it a lot easier.

As to the rest, I have to say that Bard does seem to be the obvious choice.

27th May, 2017 - 5:23am / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

There is the variant Divine Bard as a consideration, which changes a bard to a divine caster as well adds alternate spells to their list.

Another is that of simply a druid/bard going into the Fochlucan Lyrist prestige class or having myself go into the Evangelist prestige class.

From the Champions of Valor, they have a few options for a paladin. Counting the From Smite To Song feat for those who are a member of the Harmonious Order (See page 101). With this, from the Complete Adventurer, the feat Devoted Performer which requires a paladin/bard multiclass yet could be very iftting.

Finally, Inspire Awe from Dragon magic, but I am sure more options will reveal itself. Also yes, a simple Bard could work as it is a favorite.
-

I will take a look and see what I can come up with for stats, I just don't consider myself a good judge of my own capabilities.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th May, 2017 - 5:28am

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 5:41am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Then how about the Dragon Shaman, from Dragon Magic, pure with an exchange or trade off of sorts.

I am willing to take the hit to any magic and to any weapons and armor I would potentially gain. The trade off would be the basic Monk's Unarmed Strike and Defensive boost, such as Wisdom to armor with an extra point to armor every 4-5 levels with a +5 bonus at 20.

What do you think? If not then will just have to work with the pure Dragon Shaman class and use my feats for the unarmed.

I was just being me with the unarmed striking. In real life I have no proficiency skill with any weapon and am best when I don't use a weapon.

Reconcile Edited: allencory on 27th May, 2017 - 5:43am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 5:42am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation - Page 6

Don't get too far ahead of yourself. The choice of what class you are at level 1 is meant to be a reflection of who you are in this world.

The choice of what class you become later would be more dependent upon who you become after spending time in the new world. So give that a little time.

Divine Bard looks like it would work quite well to me.

Personal suggestion though, leave inspire courage alone. Reminding your companions of the heroes they can be seems a better reflection of you than causing fear. (Besides, there's some really awesome stuff that can be done with Inspire Courage, look it up some time and imagine bringing that to the table with an army).

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 5:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 6

The only reason I am doing so is based on what I currently am and feel I have. But if it would be as you say then I would have to go starting with an NPC class.

Besides I am also going to take Drawbacks that fit such as the one for -2 ranged. That's because I also need secondary help with sight.

And most of my drawbacks are more skill specific than stat specific.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.