3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 7 of 42

On that note, I would only pose a question. - Page 7 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 27th May, 2017 - 7:07am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 42 pgs.  3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  ...Latest (42) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Create your Character here. Your Character is based on your real life stats. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 5:54am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation - Page 7

That was meant for Thomas. I was just looking over the dragon shaman (Its in PHBII by the way, not dragon magic)

It looks like it could certainly work pure. I can't speak for Kn on the possibility of trading in monk stuff though.

And there's no need to start as an NPC class. The way it has been handled thus far is we come into the new world and slowly discover the new abilities, with some of them needing awakening.

Sponsored Links:
27th May, 2017 - 5:57am / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

If I were to take a guess at stats, based on what I was seeing before by way of the link and how I described myself above. Still, I may have under sold myself in a couple of areas and some tweaking is likely needed. Any alterations or suggestions appreciated.

Strength 12
Dexterity 9
Con 14
Int 16
Wisdom 13
Charisma 14.

Also, for Wisdom, despite what I said above though which can be shown by way of skill disadvantages perhaps, I can generally tell when someone is upset and note body language more often then not as it is simply something that does not come as naturally. That, and I can't sell myself too short since if I go Divine Bard that is the casting stat. For example, little to no investment in Sense Motive, Spot, and Listen for showing a lack of awareness or being too trusting.

Perhaps even a bit of naivete for having a more optimistic view of the world tempered with enough realism in understanding there is darkness and evil. That many will act selfishly, greedily, or without thought for others. That generally evil is all around me, yet without giving up hope that things can get better. Especially if there are those willing to fight for what is right and noble, showing selfishness, courage, and a willingness to help. That as long as there are those who step forward to be heroes, good will never disappear completely.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th May, 2017 - 7:23am

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 6:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation Archive Pathfinder / D&D

These are two flaws I would have.

Merciful

Many times you don't have it in your heart to kill.

Prerequisite: Good alignment

Effect: Whenever you or an ally you can see deals enough damage to an animal, dragon, giant, fey, humanoid, magical beast or monstrous humanoid to bring it below 0 hit points and dying, but not killed, you feel compelled to save that creature's life. You are shaken until you or an ally makes a first aid check to stabilize that creature. If you or an ally willingly kills the creature, or you are otherwise unable to tend to it, you remain shaken for the rest of the day.

And as for another:

Near Sighted [General]

Character finds it hard to see things at greater distances.

Effect: The penalty for Spot Checks increases to -3 per 10 feet of distance. Also due to their inability to see things coming they get a -2 penalty to Initiative Checks.

Normal: Spot Checks have a penalty of -1 per 10 feet.

There is one more however. It's a fear of spiders. Thanks to a nightmare I had because of the movie, that is named after the fear, I normally can't stand spiders. It effectively almost counters my Merciful flaw. When I see a spider, I normally have to kill it before I can feel truly save again.

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 6:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 7 Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

That merciful flaw might put you at odds with the rest of the party. We haven't exactly been taking prisoners thus far. It would probably do that or you will be shaken a lot of the time. Something to consider.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 27th May, 2017 - 6:31am

27th May, 2017 - 6:48am / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Creation RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

Yeah, giving how this is still Dungeons & Dragons, I do believe that Merciful flaw might be more then a bit much. Considering how threats generally have to be taken out, particularly those if evil who refuse to listen to reason or stop their actions, forcing the party to heal an opponent and take them prisoner or have you be shaken is not something I'd view a good idea Allen.

Now I can understand, especially given how I did mention above of having a fondness for redemption themes, but those would generally be the exceptions and you will need to kill. The concept of, is it better to kill one if it means saving the lives of many or allowing the one to live so that many more will die? I advise against that flaw, or at least weaken it.
--

Also, a consideration that I was having, that when we go into the world of Dungeons & Dragons with what we normally carry on us. I normally take my laptop with me wherever I go, generally using it as often as I can. Of note, I actually have the majority of Dungeons & Dragons books on my laptop and type in all my ideas or writings within.

Perhaps have it transform into something of a "Tome of Lore", a magic item that could benefit me when it comes to Knowledge checks as well used as a journal or sorts?

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th May, 2017 - 6:57am

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 6:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

That's just me being true to me. However, with GM approval, There can be exceptions to the flaw.

I am a fairly kind hearted and caring individual who won't kill unless no other option is available. However, If innocence is involved, in a negative way, I won't hesitate to be the one to make that final blow. However, for many beings such as animals and the like, I hold this as a guiding point: What if it is a mother or father just trying to protect and care for it's offspring.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 7:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation - Page 7

We have a ranger in the party who hunts for food. My dire wolf killed an animal and we packed the meat out. Will that bother your character and cause you to be shaken? I don't see us fighting animals too much to be honest. With my character being a Druid she should be good at making friends with them anyways.

Post Date: 27th May, 2017 - 7:07am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Creation D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 7

On that note, I would only pose a question. Did that creature have offspring that it was protecting and caring for?

Also, yes it would but depending on certain information, It wouldn't affect me as much.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Creation

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.