3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

3 5 D Character Role-playing Game - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 18th Apr, 2017 - 12:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 15th Apr, 2017 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

This is a 3.5 Dungeons & Dragons game where you are the character. You stepped outside your place on a odd day. Things felt weird when you turned the corner and found yourself in a whole different world. You turn around but what ever brought you here is gone and the world you are in seems similar to earth but different. The air is crisper cleaner and you can see no jet trails in the sky. You know you are not on earth anymore due to the two moons in the sky. Ahead of you across a pasture you are standing in is a castle of some sorts. It seems small but it looks to be solidly built and lived in. You see a purple flag flying from the battlements and the top of the three towers. You can see a roadway to your north and begin walking towards it mainly because the cattle are looking at you funny.

Enter your stats here for what you feel your stats are. Next you will need to decide if you stay as a human or want to be transformed into another race when you were transported to this place and time. Then what do you think your profession would be. You are transported to this world with just what you normally carry with you on a daily basis wearing just what you normally wear. So when you make your character the background is who you are and what you have experienced. You will have no equipment unless you walk around on a daily basis with a backpack filled with gear. This is going to be very realistic as real as we can.

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 16th Apr, 2017 - 1:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I stagger for a few moments in shock. Then take a knee and close my eyes, steadying my breathing.

Okay, assess the situation. The feel of the earth seems real enough, as does the smell of the pasture, there's no fuzziness in thoughts from alcohol or other drugs.

Imagining a large rock on the ground before me, vividly constructing it in my mind, I open my eyes and look around. No rock, scene unchanged since last sight save for animal movement, no visual distortions or unaccountable anomalies save the moons. Not a hallucination then, drug induced or otherwise, and not a lucid dream. Neural tap VR? Faked environment? Possible, though unlikely, not least for lack of a good motive, nothing I have or am would be worth the kind of trouble needed to set this up. The Matrix was BS in that regard.

Even if it is a simulation of some stripe, the dangers might be real enough, safest course of action would likely be to treat it as real until evidence is found indicating otherwise.

Okay, new premise, assume my senses are not lying, assess again. Earthlike environment, earthlike animals, right down to the familiar sickening smell of the cow excrement and their predictable reaction to a strange being nearby. But gravitational pull feels a little light, and two unfamiliar moons definitely means not earth. Castle might have been a relic, but it seems too new, and paired with a lack of high tech evidence… Oh, right, I can check into that some more.

Pull out the phone, hold it up. No cell tower, no wifi, no bluetooth, what about… nope, no radio signals either, even unintelligible ones. Kind of wish this thing picked up satellite, but that seems unlikely anyways. I'm in an EM void as far as this device is concerned. Okay, turn it off, take out the battery. It does no good for now, and who knows when a recharge will be available.

Where was I, right, no evidence of human technology beyond european middle ages. Were it not for the moons, I might list time travel as a possible conclusion. Heck, it is not off the board at this point, but would not be the main concern.

Interdimensional Travel? Possible in theory. Also in theory would require solar system crushing levels of power, and this occurred without disturbing so much as a blade of grass or rippling my shirt. I could be dead, and more than a little wrong about what happens after death. This afterlife would seem to be a bit of a gyp so far, but I suppose I'm not in a position to complain. Could be some manner of extra terrestrial zoo. As much amusement as I took from the alien conspiracy theorists, that seems more likely than the other possibilities.

Okay, so we have a working theory, as insane as it sounds. I've been abducted and placed in a preserve of sorts on another planet. Don't assume the zookeepers will guarantee survival of an individual member of the species, assume I'm on my own until partners can be obtained.

Survival check then. I have… good, I remembered the multitool this morning. One leather belt, could come in handy for other purposes. One wallet, no immediate use. Keys, few uses the multitool isn't better at. One set of light clothing. One good ballpoint pen. Good boots. Not much, but could be much worse, at least the environment is temperate. I hope my contacts last, I hate the limited visual range I have without them.

Castle ahead would seem to be the next place to go. Best source of shelter among other things I can see. Hopefully I can negotiate with the locals somehow. Did those running the place really think a castle was something we needed as a species, or was it built by those who came here? Nope, never mind, that's enough speculation. Gather more information, then try again to make sense of it all.

I proceed to the road, keeping an eye out for signs of intelligent life, and turn towards the castle, walking slowly, and taking in the sights.

Out of Character: And so it begins. Looking forward to this. Bit of a stream of consciousness there, but I figured the perspective into what'd likely be running through my head would be important.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 16th Apr, 2017 - 6:43pm

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 9:56pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I'm walking along a favorite trail of mine a few miles from where I live in Colorado. It's amazing that there is a large city not faraway and yet I feel all alone in nature's solitude. I look down below from where I started and grin. It's always such a sense of accomplishment to gain some serious elevation. One of my favorite running songs by The Killers starts playing in my earbuds. Time to go I think. I dig my shoes in and race away. The smell of the mountain air is intoxicating. I take one step and then when the next foot is coming down I feel as if I'm torn…

My foot lands and I tumble as I'm off balance. Mind whirling I jump to my feet. What happened? It felt as if the ground fell way from me. Looking around fear grips me. Where the hell am I? I'm obviously not in Colorado anymore. I kneel down to take my surroundings in better. Two moons? A castle? How did I get here? Whenever or wherever here is. What am I going to do? Maybe I'm dreaming. I reach for my phone to call someone… anyone. No service. I always have service in this area. Rather, the area I was in.

Looking down at my clothes I sigh quietly. These aren't the best clothes to meet people in a place like this. My thoughts just race out of control. I need to get home. Where am I? How did this happen? I feel myself breathing faster and realize I'm on the verge of panic. Attempting to calm down I breathe deeply and count to 10. Feeling a little better I look around again. There's someone ahead of me! I must have missed him before. Not sure how I did. He is a big man. From his outfit he must be from my time as well.

Looking at him as a bit of home I walk rapidly to him. I see nothing dangerous visible. When approaching him I call out to not startle him. " Hi. I'm Rachel. Uh… " I hesitate. This isn't a conversation I ever planned on having. " I see your outfit. I assume that you aren't from here as well. Where are we? Please tell me that you have answers. " I talk rapidly due to being very agitated.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 17th Apr, 2017 - 9:58pm

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 10:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I turn out the sound of the unexpected voice. "Uh, hi? I think I know what you mean. I just arrived myself. No answers I am afraid, a few theories, but each is nuttier than the last."

"I was about to go to the castle, but perhaps we should wait? If you arrived so soon after I did, maybe others are on the way as well. I would definitely like to see what happens when they appear. In the meantime, perhaps we should compare notes? Might be able to weed down the possibilities. A moment ago for me, it was April 2017, and I was in North Carolina USA."

I blink a few times, "Oh, right, my name is Jason, and I am pleased to make your acquaintance."

Something about this newcomer, her face in particular, seems familiar, but I can't quite put my finger on it.

Out of Character: reminder, Kyr, you put up a picture of yourself a while back. I didn't study it, but I have seen you that way. And for your reference, yes, that is me in the profile avatar for Daishain being used as a kitten bed.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 17th Apr, 2017 - 10:13pm

Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 11:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I walk out of my house and smell the fresh morning air, happy that I decided to work from home today. Rather than working out in the small gym set up in my garage, I decide today would be a great day to take a nice brisk walk and see the beautiful flowers blooming across Northern Virginia. I'm wearing a pair of dark shorts and one of my favorite gray tee shirts. "No need for anything else since today's workout will simply be a walk." I contemplate actually doing a ruck march this morning, but decide it's a day to enjoy. I take the normal right turn that leads to the trail the skirts around the local pool that's about 1/2 mile from the house when everything suddenly shifts, like the fabric of reality itself shifts and a nauseas feeling overtakes me, and I have to take a knee…

My forehead is still a little sweaty as I wipe my mouth clean and still taste the acrid taste of bile in my mouth. "Good thing I didn't eat breakfast" I think to myself. I put my hand down to help me stand on my still weak and wobbly knees when my hand touches something squishy, "Oh sh… " and then I see it, a castle. "What the heck" as I wipe the cow dung from my hand. I look up to orient myself, and there it is, two moons. "Oh, this is not happening. I must be dreaming." And yet, it doesn't feel like a dream.

"OODA Den, remember OODA. Observe, Orient, Decide, and Act. I slowly spin around as I take the Benchmade switchblade knife I always carry with me out of my pocket. As I get 3/4 of the way through my turn, knife already flipped open, I see a women walking towards a man. "Not too far away" I think. They seem familiar… unsettlingly familiar. I quickly decide whether to drop prone and observe or approach them. They seem somewhat disoriented too. Perhaps whatever happened to me happened to them too. At least they are dressed in clothes more appropriate for 2017 rather than the 1300s setting I seem to be in.

"Yo, where in the heck am I? A few minutes ago I was in Virginia… and now I'm here with you two. And who are you? You both look familiar. And tell me what is going on here." Feeling fairly sure of my ability to be able to overpower them since they don't seem armed and I have a knife and the training to use, I continue, "I'm Dennis and I'm going to be very late for my morning I think."

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Studying Jason I purse my lips. " I feel better hearing that at least. I'm from Colorado. April 2017 as well. Waiting might be smart for us. The more of us the better I suppose. " I catch myself looking at him wondering where do I know this guy from. " It is nice to meet you as well, Jason. "

Hearing someone speak behind me I whirl around quickly. Noting the newcomers clothing I see that he is probably from our time as well. " You were correct Jason. At least here is one more. " Noticing the knife in his hand I go pale. " Dennis, please put that knife away. Does it look like we mean you harm? " I back away from him slowly.

Out of Character: : You can hear a little bit of a southern accent in my voice.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 18th Apr, 2017 - 12:02am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 12:06am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game

"You, no… the big guy… probably not either" I concede. I work the mechanism to close my well worn knife. Rather than put it my pocket though, I attach it to my pocket using the clip on it. This makes it easy to get to. "What the Hell is going on here? And why do I recog… " I go pale and the world spins. I find myself back on the ground on my knees with one hand on the ground steadying me.

Out of Character: I still look a lot like my Army picture, so if you visited that thread you have seen me.

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 18th Apr, 2017 - 12:06am

Post Date: 18th Apr, 2017 - 12:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive

I grin, trying to defuse the situation "Name's Jason, this is Rachel. Don't worry about me, never started a real fight. Certainly not about to in a situation like this. Not sure how much… "

I cut off as Dennis drops to his knees, "Um, are you okay there?"

Out of Character: Accent is principally northern, few inflections, with words clearly enunciated.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.