3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 372 of 616

“I really don’t think wire is the answer. - Page 372 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Jan, 2018 - 2:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock

+  « First of 616 pgs.  368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
2nd Jan, 2018 - 3:17am / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 372

The Storyteller says...

"Fair enough, best to keep it fairly simple," I will agree, considering the design, before adding, "The scroll working isn't required." I smile, glad we have that worked out.

Still, I will say this as well, "I've always found myself as religious, and at first I did believe that I'd take a more divinely empowered path. Yet I still know little about the deities of this world, if they are of the Forgotten Realms, or even if there are such, at all. I have yet to even learn who gave me the lyre." The instrument I felt was important, though I didn't yet know how.

I give a sign of frustration before admitting, as well, "I don't even know if the God I worship back home has any power here. It leaves me feeling uncertain who or if anyone is watching over us here." This was perhaps getting a bit too real, but it is a thought that I'd ponder on finding myself in another world.

Out of Character: Hopefully getting a bit religious, In Character though it may be, wont bother anyone.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 2nd Jan, 2018 - 3:20am

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 4:41am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"I don't have any answers for you in that regard, but given the myriad possibilities, I see no reason for him not to be here as well. In a different role perhaps. He could be Ao in this reality for instance." I shrug, "I don't think we'd ever be able to find out for sure either way, but that skepticism is my problem, not yours."

"In any case, I'm glad you stopped in and gave your input on this pin, but did you have something in mind when you came here?"

Out of Character: Kn, we have to have heard of the local deities by now, what do we know of them?

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 2nd Jan, 2018 - 4:41am

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 7:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

After my long meal, I go and seek out Jason. Finding the workshop a mess, and head to his room where I knock for entrance. Once inside, I’ll discuss the lack of sufficient warning and possible solutions, as well as production of more scrolls, etc.
“Of all the things we possibly should set up, long range communications with scouts would probably ease the immediate need for warning. Message spell scrolls or items with similar properties, given to far ranging scouts/rangers. This kind of thing where armies show up at your doorstep that common?”
“Afterwards telegraph systems would be fairly easy with power sources from myriad methods. I don’t recall a lot of Morse from my ham operator license, but it’s just an arbitrary method anyways. We can create our own symbolic alphabet in Common. I can’t wait for the library to reopen, though. There is so much to learn, yet!”.

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 372 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"I sure as hell hope its not a common thing. It is the first threat of that kind we've dealt with since arriving, but that wasn't incredibly long ago."

"A big part of the problem seems to be a lack of manpower. Without sacrificing the people needed to man the walls, build this place up, and just plain supply it, Lord Douglas has few to spare for duties like scouting. That's half the reason he's contracted us to act as the rangers for this place. We've been focused on the hobgoblin threat since you arrived, but our main duty is exploring and securing these lands."

"Our group's problem there is the area is too wild to send scouts out alone or in pairs, we need armed groups, which makes covering a lot of territory problematic."

"Communication related magic devices have always been more of a pain in the arse than they really ought to be. Scrolls of Message wouldn't work, too short of a range, you'd need one of Sending, which would get extremely expensive for anything resembling regular communication."

"Unless a telegraph system is viable before I know enough to build such, I'm thinking small constructs to act as watchers and messengers."

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2018 - 9:23pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

As far as deities of this area you have heard of one common Deity as being Bahamut. As far as the elves you have not really asked them about theirs.

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2018 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

“ in order to build the telegraph system, all we would really need would be copper wire. It’s easy enough to create a spark gap transmitter, with a master receiver here. Especially if we don’t have to have a Receiver on the other end. There would be no good purpose and running telegraph lines across the country. We would be better off just going straight into radio transmission. It may require some serious jewellery fabrication to make matching crystals, but at a large enough scale to matter. Maybe watch towers with small groups? “.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2018 - 2:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 372

"I was thinking a ring of six simple watch towers with 2 people manning each about a day's ride out. That'd be enough to give the stronghold plenty of advance warning on anything big coming our way. For a telegraph, that means over 120 miles of simple copper wire."

"Main concern I have there is insulation, we don't exactly have a supplier for Teflon or CPE around here. Natural rubber should work, but I don't know if a source exists in the area."

"Come to think of it, what was it Edison used for those first underground wires? Beeswax and some kind of natural asphalt I think, do you remember more?"

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 3rd Jan, 2018 - 3:58am

Post Date: 3rd Jan, 2018 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 372

“I really don’t think wire is the answer. Beyond it’s value as commerce, it’s easily circumvented. Wireless can give the range without as much risk. Like I said, a spark gap transmitter is easiest to build to start, using simple code signals, then later full fixed frequency sets once we get reliable crystals or wrapping. Edison’s group used tar and gravel wrapping, when they started out, and we could come up plastic variants from grains or rubber if you really want to bury wire. Extruding wire at this tech level with consistent quality would be difficult, however. “.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.