3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 514 of 616

"Without any piles or a place to dump - Page 514 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 25th May, 2018 - 4:17pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter

+  « First of 616 pgs.  510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 24th May, 2018 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 514

I put my sword away as I try to gauge the scope of the destruction. To me it just looks like a wasteland not having any previous knowledge of what was here, but from what I know of Elven designs from our games, they were known for creating such beautiful landscapes straight out of the forest. I remain silent as I let the elves have their time to grieve with their friends. As the others begin to investigate I sketch the devastation.

Reconcile Edited: fatebringer on 24th May, 2018 - 4:46pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 24th May, 2018 - 6:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I ball my fists up, driving my nails into my palms for a moment." Ghost, come." I wait while Ghost carefully makes his way up the slope. I will then jump astride him and we will investigate the scene, hoping that the dire wolf will pick up a scent.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 24th May, 2018 - 6:29pm

Post Date: 24th May, 2018 - 10:04pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

There is no scent available. All the investigation reveals that what ever did this did it to wipe out the elves and they clearly used the goblins as a means to and end. You do not even find any bodies along or near the edges of the destruction. You can tell that what ever did this used fire and then removed the earth so nothing new would ever grow back. Clearly someone used this elven village as a example of what they could do. It makes you wonder if the Orc attack on the stronghold was maybe a test.

Post Date: 24th May, 2018 - 10:28pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 514 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"This is… incredible.Horrifying, but incredible.To have removed this kind of volume of earth, vegetation and the rest on such a scale would challenge even the biggest of MOABs and non-nuclear devices of our own world. Where did it all GO?!?" I goggle at the thought of what they accomplished, not sure what our next steps can be.

Post Date: 24th May, 2018 - 10:44pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

"I am sorry beyond what words could bear, it seems that we will be able to do even less for your people than we had hoped. We could erect a small memorial if you wish, something carved in a large stone perhaps. That way, there will be at least some trace of what was lost here. Would that help, or would you prefer to simply depart this place?"

Regardless of how the elves take this suggestion, I'll give Ping instructions to fly back to the stronghold for a visit, with a recorded message for Lord Douglas, "My Lord Douglas, Jason reporting in, we have reached the site of the elven village. All trace of it appears to have been deliberately scoured away, down to the bedrock. This was not the work of goblins. I have concluded that whatever force was responsible could pose a major threat to the stronghold. We will find out what else we can before returning. If you speak to the construct it will deliver your words to me."

I'll suggest that we scout a little further out around the site, hoping to find some trace of what did this, or signs that other survivors might have come here in the past. A slim hope, but one worth looking into.

Out of Character: An Expeditious Messenger can record a five minute conversation exactly as heard for such purposes. Fly speed of 100', and as a construct, it can maintain a run speed indefinitely without getting tired. That works out to about 270 miles in a day if it doesn't run into anything to slow it down. The thing lives up to its name. If we covered around 20 miles a day coming up here, it should get home and back to me in about a day and a half.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th May, 2018 - 10:53pm

25th May, 2018 - 12:42am / Post ID: #
Travis
Arch 4
Character
Novice / Cover
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Explorer. says...

Travis, is shocked at the scale of devastation here, a mixture of sadness and grief grips him.
Offering a shoulder to cry on for the teens.

I go to the site of the settlement with the others, scoop up some dirt then let it trickle through hands. Travis ponders, who did this? Or what happened here? He draws, upon dark knowledge inspiration. After hearing, that this could be beyond the scope of a mere Goblin attack here.

Out of Character: using dark knowledge, here just in case. In addition to searching.

Travis Results:
  • Dark knowledge on D20 (+6): 14 (1 roll)
  • Search on D20 (+4): 7 (1 roll)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 25th May, 2018 - 4:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 514

When I see Jason getting ready to send Ping, I offer my sketch to him to go along with his description.

Out of Character: I've done many many terrain sketches with detail because of my time in the military. As a forward observer, you sketch the landscape and try to find anything you can use to tell range and deviation, at some point I tried to make them very pretty, not that this one will be considering the content, but it should convey the scope of what we see. It would also have the little images of the party searching through the rubble, I always try to add that element of personality.

Post Date: 25th May, 2018 - 4:17pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 514

"Without any piles or a place to dump the debris, I can only assume they shunted it off dimensionally or consumed it somehow. If they can do this regularly, this whole world is in a level of danger we would class as 'apocalyptic' back home. We need more data, before they murder another village!"
Lacking any substantial results to my searches, I'll begin to check the edges of the ring of destruction for tracks or signs of vehicles that may have been used.
Specific Action: Search for tracks around edges. Rolling 8 times for cardinal points. Use whatever is needed.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.