3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 551 of 616

After getting Morgenstern settled and arranging - Page 551 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 24th Jul, 2018 - 2:33pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 616 pgs.  547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2018 - 6:59am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 551

I shake my head at hearing the missive read." Well, we botched this one. How were we to know though? I thought they were unusually armed for ordinary orcs. Who knows how Lord Douglas will take this. This could have been a real chance at peace and now there will be only war… "I shrug and grin ruefully." I say we let Thomas break the good news to Lord Douglas."

I look around at the horses and back to the others." We can sell some. I vote that we keep one for each of us. That way we can have two horses each on these expeditions. In case we are pursued or just need to make great time we will have fresh horses to swap out. Just an idea...."

Sponsored Links:
23rd Jul, 2018 - 4:05pm / Post ID: #
Vickie
L4 Ardent L5 XP 5601...
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Learner says...

Upon hearing and reading the letter myself, I say;
"Guess we did botch up that 'peace' mission, but like what has been mentioned before if these Orcs were part of the pack that attacked the stronghold before, then they would have treated in the same way if they had made it to the stronghold. So, I believe we have done a good deed for the lord. I also believe he needs to see the letter since it seems to be addressed to him. As far as the horses go, I think those who wish a heartier stead could have one, the rest become either part of the stables or our own use. Just in case, like now we have things to carry back, we have at least one or two pack animals. Do we let the lord know how much gold is in the chest or is that something you will keep in your room Jason? I can keep it at the Inn if you all wish. You may may even put a ward on it, you so wish to. I shall not get into it nor will any of the staff at the Inn."

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2018 - 4:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"I thought our agreement with the Lord was to declare any unusual treasure we found? If so, gold isn't all that unusual, nor is the sword. I doubt there will be an issue with us keeping what we've found, especially with all the blood we've paid to earn it, hmm?"
"We should each keep an extra horse for pack and mount-swapping in need. While it'd make us a more obvious trackable target, it would be very useful. "

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2018 - 5:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 551 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I grin as I hear Grant out." I fully concur with you Grant. The Lord won't care about every little bit of treasure that we find. I think each of us having an extra horse would be very useful. We are far from help. If something goes wrong out here and we have to flee, there is no help coming. The extra speed and freshness of the horses due to having spare horses could save us." I shrug.

"I'll claim a horse now regardless. I might not always be riding a dire wolf out here and would need an extra horse." I study the horses for a moment before deciding on one. Striding carefully, I approach a feisty looking Chestnut mare. I approach with my hands down and talking soothingly for a little while. After a minute or two I attempt to caress the horse's mane.

Out of Character: : Using natures empathy to change the attitude of the horse towards me.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 23rd Jul, 2018 - 5:11pm

Post Date: 23rd Jul, 2018 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

In regards to the question of the gold I'll say, "I suspect that he'll let us keep the coin, but this chest was bound and intended for the Lord, whether or not the diplomatic offer was genuine. I think it would be best if we gave him the chest and letter exactly as we found it. Let him decide what to make of it."

"As to the horses, I'll admit remounts for all would be nice, but bear in mind there is a disadvantage. The larger our train, the more vulnerable we are. If we're taken unawares, we'll have that many more animals panicking, getting in the way, and running away."

Out of Character: metagaming query for Kn, how much would our travel pace increase if we were all able to swap mounts midday?

24th Jul, 2018 - 1:44am / Post ID: #
Travis
Arch 4
Character
Novice / Cover
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Explorer. says...

"What a good idea Grant, I also would like to claim an extra mount, a mare preferred," Travis says.
"Will, require more stock feed, but will come in handy at short notice. Particularly, if the other is injured," he adds.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 24th Jul, 2018 - 2:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 551

With your Horse whisperer (Aka Rachel) there you are all able to get the horses to accept you and lead them where you wish them to go. Soon the horses are all loaded up and you are able to start heading back towards the stronghold. It is close to the end of the day when you arrive back at the stronghold.

Post Date: 24th Jul, 2018 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 551

After getting Morgenstern settled and arranging places for the extra horses to be kept until we're done deciding what to do with them all, I'll go make my report to Lord Douglas.

"My lord, we returned earlier than anticipated due to encountering something of particular significance. A large band of well armed orcs, each wearing one of these red armbands." I hold the one I retrieved up for his perusal.

"We chose to attack the group while they camped, under the assumption that they were raiders. We tried to capture a few alive for questioning, unfortunately we failed in that particular regard. After it was over, we found a chest full of gold, a signet ring, and a letter. It appears that this band were intended to be envoys with a message for you." I hand the chest over with the gold and signet ring inside, and the letter on top. "The ring is magical, but its only discovered property at this time involved revealing the letter's hiding place inside of the leader's armor. I suggest some caution in case there is something else hidden."

"I should note that in spite of their apparent mission, the orcs attacked us the moment they became aware of our presence rather than trying to declare peaceful intentions. I also strongly suspect that this Merklin was behind the major assault from a while back. Which would cast a good degree of doubt on the face value of this peace offer."

"In spite of that, this incident may have soured diplomatic relations. If so, that is my responsibility and was my decision, and I apologize."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 24th Jul, 2018 - 2:46pm

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.