3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 606 of 616

I see it getting closer and feel despair. - Page 606 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 22nd Oct, 2018 - 12:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

28th March 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Wizard
Wizard
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger

+  « First of 616 pgs.  602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 21st Oct, 2018 - 5:50pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 606

"Right, bows up, back off, watch for anything coming from another direction, this might be a distraction."

I'll try to maneuver the group to where it has the best sight lines to cover whatever is coming and ready my new crossbow in that direction.

Out of Character: readied action to shoot anything that is clearly hostile. Adding on another 4 rounds worth of attacks since I'm guessing that's where we're headed. In the event enough foes appear to make me concerned about our ability to hold them (Say 20 or more hobgoblins, or a lesser number of something really nasty), I'll pull out the fireball scroll made just last night and use one of the two charges on it. Note: -2 on attack rolls and ignore bane bonus damage if the target is not goblinoids, also great Cbow Critical hits on 18-20.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 21st Oct, 2018 - 5:55pm

Sponsored Links:
21st Oct, 2018 - 6:32pm / Post ID: #
Vickie
L4 Ardent L5 XP 5601...
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Learner says...

Seeing Jason ready his crossbow, I also ready mine and face slightly to the right or where he is aiming. If they rush us will use Energy push(Deal 2d6 damage and knock subject back. Then follow with Energy ray. Will assess afterwards, but crossbow is at the ready.
Out of Character: Will do the Energy Push, Energy Ray x2 I am also doing Precognition Defense/Offense.

Vickie Results:
  • Attack, Push on D20 (+1): 19 (1 roll)
  • Damage, Push on D6 (+0): 2, 2 (2 rolls)
  • Attack, Ray on D20 (+1): 19, 6 (2 rolls + tweaked)
  • Damage, Ray on D6 (+0): 3, 6 (2 rolls)

Post Date: 21st Oct, 2018 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Concealed within the branches, I ready to shoot from hiding at any threat that foolishly exposes itself. Ready to drop down into melee once the foes get too close, I pick targets that seem the greatest threat.
Specific Action: shooting for as many rounds as makes sense, then death from above on the closest foe. If one of them looks to be a bigger deal than others, I will target them first.

Post Date: 21st Oct, 2018 - 7:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 606 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I fly around seeing what I can. Seeing a dark shape below in a large clearing I examine it closer. My insides turn to ice when I realize it sees me and what it is. I fly for all I'm worth back to my friends. I can see it rise to follow me. I don't want to lead it to my friends but I'm terrified. Flying at an angle I will pass close enough for them to see me. Hopefully they can see what is following me. I will land about half a mile from my friends allowing my pursuer to see. Running swiftly and hiding under the trees I will try to rejoin them unnoticed.

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2018 - 5:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I will need initiative rolls from everyone who already has not rolled initiative as you see a group of eight Hobgoblins in chain armor come out of the trees towards you. For those that have not rolled combat or special actions I will need them.

Rachel works hard to get away from the creature. It is following her but it is a ways behind her as it works to try to catch up to her. It is catching up to her faster than she thought possible. Those on the ground watching for Rachel sees her fly by rapidly as fast as she can go and a few seconds later see a large black flying object chasing her. I will need intelligence checks from people to know what is chasing her.

Rachel I will message you in pm again on what you need to avoid.

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2018 - 5:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I figure, two shots with the Longbow from behind a tree before the Hobgoblins are in Melee range. I keep an eye on Travis knowing he's the squishiest one. Charging forward after that, I'll try to keep trees and stuff from being easy range target while hunting the Hobs.

Out of Character: Gotcha. Thank you for the clear instructions, they help *smile* I think I'll be focused on the ground threat unless attention is drawn specifically towards the overhead threat or I get enveloped by a big shadow.

By taking the time to shoot two arrows first all of my maneuvers will be available to me by the time I charge.

Lead the Charge (LTC) + 4 to Charge Damage for first attack on 3rd Round. After that going to the Iron Guards Glare targeting specifically anyone going after Travis or Vickie.

Battle Leader's Charge (+10 Damage, does not provoke AoO for anyone charging with me)
BAB 4 + Strength 4 + Blessed 1 + Bane 2 + Charge 2
1D8 + Strength 4 + Blessed 1 + 2D6 Bane + LtC 4 + BLC 10

Stone Bones (DR/5 against each attack if I successfully hit that round.).

Reconcile Edited: fatebringer on 22nd Oct, 2018 - 6:07am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
22nd Oct, 2018 - 6:21am / Post ID: #
Travis
Arch 4
Character
Novice / Cover
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 606

Explorer. says...

Travis, sees a group of eight hobgoblins head towards the party.
Instinctively, he reaches for his light crossbow, then fires off a couple of bolts at the nearest target.

Travis Results:
  • Initiative on D20 (+1): 16 (1 roll)
  • Crossbow lt. on D20 (+3): 12, 20 (2 rolls)
  • Crossbow damage on D8 (+0): 4, 1 (2 rolls)

Post Date: 22nd Oct, 2018 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 606

I see it getting closer and feel despair. It's unbelievable how fast it is. I had thought my eagle form was fast. Diving down rapidly I try to land safely.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.