3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 10 of 616

"Uh ma'am? Lwethiala? We have - Page 10 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 20th Apr, 2017 - 12:28am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 616 pgs.  6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  ...Latest (616) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Main Thread - Approved Players should read the story here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game - Page 10

As you all three walk out side and look about you see the black smith siting on chair by his shop waving you over. When you get close he looks at you three and hands you a simple dagger in a sheath. "Thy Lord Doug asked that I give each of you a dagger so you will have some form of defense in this world. He does not know what abilities you will have but a good dagger is always a must for more than just defense and attacks. He already took care of the cost. You can go to the stronghold now if you wish."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 9:07pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Once we get away from the blacksmith and out of earshot of anyone I ask, "Should we ask our host if he played Dungeons & Dragons before he was transported here? Jason, I think this is more than just common social interests, I think it's linked to the game specifically. If this is common between all of us then maybe it will help with finding a way home? This may be information he didn't have before."

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 19th Apr, 2017 - 9:09pm

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game Archive Pathfinder / D&D

"That… Isn't any more insane than the rest of it, and us playing together with that game system would seem to be a more likely reason for us to be taken together than any other I have heard yet."

"I think I would like to see more before we assume that this is the case, but that could be good news. Aside from us knowing much of the way things work around here, there are high level spells that allow for travel between planes. It might be possible to use magic to open a passage to earth, given enough metal attuned to our home."

With this last, I pull the multitool out of my new pocket.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 9:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 10 Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I listen to him, look at him pull out his multi-tool, and I pull out my switchblade. "See, I told you the engineer could get us home" I say to neither and both of them.

Post Date: 19th Apr, 2017 - 11:55pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Game Role-Playing Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I take the dagger with an unsure smile. " Thank you good sir. " As we walk towards the fortress I hear the discussion about Dungeons & Dragons. " This is all insane. Using logic it makes sense. It is the one common tie we all have. It's insane logic though. " I purse my lips in frustration. " If this is one of those worlds… Orcs. Kobolds. What about blue dragons? Anything is possible. " I stop quickly. " If… this is a Dungeons & Dragons world we have an advantage over our characters. We can metagame as it were. We know the weaknesses of most things we will face. " I grin. " I knew I should have brought my Monster Manual along on my hike. "

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2017 - 12:00am / Post ID: #

A Friend

As we keep walking towards the castle, I decide to tone it back a bit, don't want to get their hopes too high. "Before you get too excited about the possibility of going home, I must stress it is merely a possibility, and it might be a slim one."

"The spells in question may not be able to reach a dimension so far removed from this one, this metal may for some reason not be suitable to make a tuning rod, heck whatever brought us here may actively intervene in such an attempt. There are simply too many variables for me to claim it can be done I am afraid"

"On the plus side, that possibility gives us something to work towards. Now, to even make the attempt, we are going to need the cooperation of a high level spellcaster we can trust, possibly several, and/or be able to cast high level spells ourselves. That's going to take resources, prestige, or in the latter case, a heck of a lot of experience. But I would be willing to bet that the Lord would be willing to help us with all three, or at least set us on the path."

I open my mouth to continue, but think better of it, not yet, don't speak of it yet. It may be better that passage home were never found. This world holds horrors that I would rather die than inflict upon Earth, not all of which could be dealt with by our technology. If a single wraith were to slip through, it could mean the death of all humanity. If certain fiends did so, it would be far worse than that. If we do find a way home, we must be absolutely certain we cannot be followed by others. Topic! Change the topic!

Coughing, I continue talking, "In any case, we need to investigate further. This world surely differs from the rules we're used to in at least some respect. Even if it is relatively close, what edition are we working with? Once we do find that out though, Rachel is right, even a general knowledge of the mechanics here is a major advantage."

"I have to wonder, do we have character sheets somewhere? Is there any way to see them? It sounds like you two might have received the skills of a ranger and a druid, but I'm still not sure what I have received. Something with plenty of skill points I presume, but that could be the Expert NPC class for all I know. I rather hope it is more interesting than that."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 20th Apr, 2017 - 12:01am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2017 - 12:13am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game - Page 10

When you get to the main gate of the stronghold Lwethiala is there waiting for you. "Thy lord told me to take you up to your rooms so you know where you can stay as you adjust to this world. I hope you find them to your liking." She turns and leads you in the the main courtyard. Across the courtyard is a impressive mansion of at least three floors. You see some children playing off to the side and they seem to be having sun. One of the older children a boy comes over and looks at you. He stands about 10 feet away. You can see he has some of the features of a elf like Lwethiala but more muted. Possibly a half elf? He does not say anything and soon heads back over with the other children. Lwethiala leads you to a door in the far tower. Inside you can see the tower is about 30 feet in diameter. Right inside is a staircase that winds up the inside wall. You see the rooms in the tower are numbered. The bottom is 1 and each floor up has two rooms thus second floor is 2 and 3 third floor is 4 and 5 these are the two rooms you are given. She shows you each door has a key in the lock. "The keys are yours to use so you can secure your items inside. The Lord will serve lunch at the second suns rising. May you have a nice day." She turns and heads down the stairs.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2017 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character Role-Playing Game D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 10

"Uh ma'am? Lwethiala? We have a great deal that needs looking into, I don't suppose there is a library we could make use of for now?"

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character Role-Playing Game

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.