3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 43 of 129

Which Divine Bard? Remember I haven't - Page 43 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Aug, 2017 - 1:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

18th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Barbarian
Barbarian

+  « First of 129 pgs.  39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 6:49pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 43

I continue to look about for anything odd or out of place as we complete our route. I look for tracks and keeps an eye out for any more tracks like what we just encountered.

Sponsored Links:
27th Aug, 2017 - 6:57pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

I believe I updated everything, counting skills, hit points, attack, saves, and spells. Come to find out I had forgotten Bard have access to cure spells by default.
-

Admittedly, I need to decide if I want to actually commit to a Divine Bard.

I was originally, but that was with the assumption I'd be using the official variant from Unearthed Arcane which basically changed spellcasting from arcane to divine and added additional spells to the list.

Yet when the KNtoran said he was only willing to let me use a different Divine Bard that gave up a fair few things, some of which I really didn't want to give up. It has technically been undecided since then.

I honestly don't know what to do, I mostly wanted such for flavor not for any major mechanical effects.

Less skills, alternate list of class skills, losing completely Bardic Knowledge, limitations on who can be targeted by Bardic Music. What I get in return is access to two domains, which don't mean nearly as much as in Pathfinder and wasn't something I really wanted. It basically gives bonus spells and some minor abilities, some better then others.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th Aug, 2017 - 7:16pm

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 7:06pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

A bard does not have access to second level spells until they make level 4. If you can make that change on your sheet.

27th Aug, 2017 - 7:09pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Page 43 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

Ah, I see my mistake. They have spells known at 2nd level but a Bard can't cast them because the Spells per Day uses. My apologizes, fixing that now.

... Wait, what? Why would one have spells known if they can't even use them? Sighs.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th Aug, 2017 - 7:10pm

Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 7:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Check again Thomas, a second level bard knows 5 level 0 spells (Also called cantrips), and 2 level 1 spells.

27th Aug, 2017 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

The Storyteller says...

Gah, okay seems I was completely misreading stuff. One moment please and I will again try to get things fixed. It was five cantrips not five1st level spells.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 27th Aug, 2017 - 7:17pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 27th Aug, 2017 - 11:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 43

A divine bard does not draw from the arcane lists but the divine lists thus your cantrips are wrong use the clerical or divine zero level spells. The first level spells look fine.

28th Aug, 2017 - 1:30am / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 43

The Storyteller says...

Which Divine Bard?

Remember I haven't actually decided in full I want that given which Divine Bard you said I'd have to use. In all honestly, I may go with other options such as feats to represent a more divine influence as I don't want to give up as much the version you found requires

Yet if I had to pick Amanuensis: Copy nonmagical text (Spell Compendium, p9), Light, Guidance, Resistance, Mending.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 28th Aug, 2017 - 1:33am

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.