3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 45 of 129

I will read The passage when I get back home. - Page 45 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 28th Aug, 2017 - 9:49pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Barbarian
Barbarian
Rogue
Rogue
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Ranger
Ranger
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 129 pgs.  41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
28th Aug, 2017 - 4:41am / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 45

The Storyteller says...

We do have meta knowledge of Dungeons & Dragons and its settings, and there is the fact I have a laptop full of resources. Also, I have been studying in the library.

Of any case, I guess you have a fair enough point. Still, he have class abilities given to us by different means which suggests that just because we may not have the knowledge normally doesn't mean we come come upon it after arriving.

It is a class ability, not much different from any other class ability. While you make a fair enough point, I feel it can be explained pretty well based on what he have already seen.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 28th Aug, 2017 - 4:52am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

You have meta knowledge of the game but not of this world. You know nothing of it's legends and grand stories. You only know of the tiny portion of the world discovered so far. The library wouldn't contain information about any other part of the world because Lord Douglas doesn't even know of any other part of the world. If the books contained this knowledge then he would be aware of it. If we were going to the Forgotten Realms he could easily have bardic knowledge. Not in this unknown realm however. I think that this KN''s take on it.

A bard such as Fay in our 5e game has bardic knowledge due to living there his entire life. He has traveled all over and read and heard of many things. Being in this world for a few weeks shouldn't impart the same knowledge. That's my opinion. Eventually after a lot of time spent exploring, he might pick it up. It is really a moot point right now.

It is just like the languages learned. While under the rules we should each know a language or two, we don't. We had to pay someone here to teach us because we don't come into this world knowing elvish for example.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 28th Aug, 2017 - 4:56am

28th Aug, 2017 - 5:30am / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Storyteller says...

Hmm, well I guess that I could give it a try.

One of the domains will be the Knowledge domains, giving me back all Knowledge skills. Also, the spell list could help make up for not having Bardic Knowledge. Also, I think I will also go with the Travel domain. It gives some useful teleport spells, among others as well. That will have to do, and perhaps does make up for what is lost.

I will have to swap out a feat and mess with skill ranks since I will have two less skill points each level. Maybe there is a feat that can help make up for that. Perhaps I can take the feat Open Minded, from Complete Adventurer, p. 111? It gives 5 skill points for immediate use.

The question is, what deity has the Knowledge and Travel Domains and is one step from Neutral Good?

If everything checks out, I guess I will start making updates.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 28th Aug, 2017 - 5:55am

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2017 - 12:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 45 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Bardic knowledge is a no go for two reasons. 1. You and no one else you have met have any knowledge of this world. The library has knowledge of a different world where the Lord Douglas came from. While it can be helpful it will not give you any knowledge of this world.

2. You yourself have no clue of this world or no past knowledge of the world except Earth where you came from. Thus bardic knowledge is of no use. What do you YOU really know remember this is you that you are playing. Everyone else only has knowledge that was given to them by magical means.

28th Aug, 2017 - 3:55pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The Storyteller says...

So I updated everything

I tinkered with skill ranks a bit because I didn't have the same class skills, I added domain spells and powers, I swapped out one feat and added Open Minded, and I double checked the numbers. I even changed out cantrips to orisons as you requested of me, so that should line up.

Admittedly, for the Divine Bard you pointed me to before and that I am using there is some confusion. I found this line counter to want you had said of me needing to pick divine spells instead of arcane spells, so I am not sure who is mistaken: "A divine bard casts divine spells, which are drawn from the bard spell list." Source 1

Yet perhaps I am using the wrong one and I am misremembering.

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 28th Aug, 2017 - 4:01pm

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2017 - 8:51pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Yes the divine bard only draws divine spells they do not draw arcane spells. Thus the name divine bard.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
28th Aug, 2017 - 9:17pm / Post ID: #
Thomas
L4 Bard
Character
Follower / Middle Rear
Character Sheet Lock

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 45

The Storyteller says...

Which means they still use the Bard spell list, the spells simply count as divine. More so because there isn't all that much overlap between the lists. Otherwise what is the point of giving additional Cleric only spells to the Bard spell list? Which you can see lower as you continue reading.

Case in point, there isn't five cleric/divine 0 level spells on the Bard spell list. Meaning, as per the rules above I can't pick five spells as per it seems your interpretation of the wording.

The way I'm interpreting this line, "A divine bard casts divine spells, which are drawn from the bard spell list", is that the Divine Bard casts magic from the Bard Spell list... But the spells are treated as being from a divine source.

Am I the only one seeing where the confusion is?

Reconcile Edited: Thomaslee on 28th Aug, 2017 - 9:18pm

Post Date: 28th Aug, 2017 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 45

I will read The passage when I get back home. The divine spells on the bard list I have no issues with the arcane ones I have a issue with as you are divine not arcane they are two separate types.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.