3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 70 of 129

25% reduction from base, though you can match - Page 70 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 19th Dec, 2017 - 11:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Draconian
Draconian
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue

+  « First of 129 pgs.  66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 13th Dec, 2017 - 12:54am / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 70

Crafting potions requires the Brew Potion feat, which in turn requires Caster Level 3, (Or Artificer level 2). It also requires that you be able to cast the spell in question (From a scroll is acceptable for this), or have the artificer class skill that lets me fake that bit.

The craft Alchemy skill will let you make things such as smokesticks and thunderstones without any of that mess, but not cure light wounds potions and the like.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 13th Dec, 2017 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Yes, I was just thinking of alchemy objects. While I can cast any level 0 wizard/sorcerer spell now, I don’t have the feat to do more.

13th Dec, 2017 - 1:51am / Post ID: #
Vickie
L4 Ardent L5 XP 5601...
Character
Follower / Right Rear Flank
Character Sheet ◀
Base Has a Home Base
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

The Learner says...

I am able to do a simple heal, no scroll or potion needed, it just uses 1 power point to use. So if needed I can do so.

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2017 - 11:02pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 70 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Just so I can prepare the character development properly - if I take the Scribe Scroll feat at 3rd, I can then create scrolls with my daily 1st level spells. As I can cast one per day, that limits me to how many I can produce from my own casting, even though a typical 1st level scroll is done in hours (1 day per 1,000gp base price, 75gp base price for a 1st level, 3rd level caster spell means one scroll of this type takes ~ 2 hours to make) on my own. If I enlist/pay another caster who has more 1st level spells in them, I could produce 4-6 scrolls of this level per day, with material costs?
XP cost is 1/25th so 3XP per scroll, and 38 gp in materials each.

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2017 - 11:11pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

The cost that you list is for you if you do the scrolls. If you wish to hire another spell caster you will be subject to the price they wish to charge you. I can tell you the other spell casters are very high level.

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2017 - 11:14pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Technically, you can produce a maximum of one magic item per day, even if the cost is low enough that the proportional time taken should be a matter of minutes.

Now, if Kn chooses to rule otherwise, then yes, that should work, all that is required is to have access to the spell by some source.

In considering this, bear in mind that my class will eventually be giving me almost all of the crafting feats for free (Only exception being craft construct), I spend less on materials to make use of them at present, and I get a reserve that lets me avoid the xp drain involved up to a point. I'm not saying don't do it, just to be aware of the issues.

Oh, also, 1 "Day" of work is 8 hours, so technically (75/1000)*8=0.6 hours or 36 minutes.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 19th Dec, 2017 - 11:21pm

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Dec, 2017 - 11:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 70

My reasoning is that, with limited spells per day available, scrolls seem like the best items to have handy. In some forums, they talk about multiple copies of a spell per scroll, which implies portable libraries. For a comparable scroll created by your skills, Jason, what would be the cost differences?
EDIT: Also, what would you recommend as the 3rd level feat for a Factotum - Font of Inspiration?

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 19th Dec, 2017 - 11:31pm

Post Date: 19th Dec, 2017 - 11:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 70

25% reduction from base, though you can match that by buying another feat.

It is xp that's the worrisome bit in my opinion. I can draw that cost from a refilling craft reserve, and so far at least, haven't fallen behind my "Generation" as a result. If you start crafting in earnest, sooner or later you'll essentially be penalizing yourself by delaying levels in an already slow leveling game.

Not that its a bad idea. Scrolls are great things to have. I would however suggest upgrading to wands later on, much more efficient.

As to feats, Font of Inspiration is good, Knowledge Devotion would be another nice one. There's also the Deft Fighter feat, which adds your Int to your AC so long as you're wearing armor with no ACP. Beyond that, I'd need to ask where you're hoping to go.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 19th Dec, 2017 - 11:46pm

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.