3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 91 of 129

I'm assuming, since 'Jack - Page 91 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 3rd Apr, 2018 - 6:13pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin
Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Ranger
Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

+  « First of 129 pgs.  87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2018 - 3:35pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 91

If he finds spell scrolls, or gets a divine caster to create one, can he use those without using them up?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Mar, 2018 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

You have everything that you need when you woke up you would find a spell book of sorts with all the zero level spells. Any spell you read from scroll is used up. If you write the spell in your spell book you will have it to memorize. Otherwise all other uses like a wizard using a scroll applies. You are like a divine wizard instead of arcane.

31st Mar, 2018 - 3:49am / Post ID: #
Travis
Arch 4
Character
Novice / Cover
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Explorer. says...

Ok, thank's for the update, from now on I will act like a a level 1 Archivist. Which for all intensive purposes has available the skills, and proficiency's at level 1. Not referring to spells here.

However, as KN has explained, now owning a prayer book, which in reality is a spell book, containing level 0 spells, Cleric. Which he could read and write, therefore activate or cast with right ingredients.

Which to my understanding, as per the "Event" is concerned. Travis would be able to also be able to read and write, Druid spells 0 level also. If he happened by chance to acquire them in addition to the Cleric spell list. (He already has them written down for him in the book.)

However, as KN aptly put, Travis would still be required to memorize the spells thus written in book.
Otherwise, they would be used up once read and "Cast." So he needs to in a nutshell, memorize, use (Or cast), then re-write the particular spell back into book.
How does that sound?

I will go and post the next move now for Travis.

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2018 - 4:02am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 91 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

You need to prepare a list of spells each morning from among those written in the prayerbook. You have all cleric level 0 spells written in there, along with a selection of level 1 spells, the ones we picked out during character creation.

You can prepare three level 0 spells, and three level 1 spells. Try to pick ones likely to be used for the day ahead. You can prepare the same spell more than once if convinced you want to cast it multiple times.

No, you do not have to rewrite anything in the spellbook after casting. To cast something again, you just have to prepare it again the next morning.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 31st Mar, 2018 - 4:06am

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2018 - 6:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Dai, I won't be at a PC for a while - can you mark the Hat as done and deduct another 400 go for languages? Unless KN kiaboshes the learning of them. Also, Goblin is the language, not hobgoblin? I was going off KNs list.that would also make a dryad language Sylvan instead?

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 31st Mar, 2018 - 6:21am

Post Date: 31st Mar, 2018 - 1:33pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

None of the mages were available to help you learn a new language during the day when everyone else was waiting for Travis to come out of his event. That is why I did not tell you that you learned a new language.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
31st Mar, 2018 - 11:45pm / Post ID: #
Travis
Arch 4
Character
Novice / Cover
Character Sheet Lock
Active Player Active Role-player!

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 91

Explorer. says...

I'm assuming that Travis, has had sufficient time to prepare a minimum list of spells. Plus, also have supper, before heading out once more.

He doesn't have a divine, or arcane focus and hasn't yet been told that he requires any? I will make a note, on character sheet of memorized spells, from list.

Reconcile Edited: anronrosby on 1st Apr, 2018 - 12:25am

Post Date: 3rd Apr, 2018 - 6:13pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 91

I'm assuming, since 'Jack of Trades' Factotum include rogue skills, my character has the open lock/disable device/search(TrapFinding) skills at par so I'm best suited to do these? Anyone else have either of those skills, other than Jason? If not, I'll roll as primary to check, when we encounter such things, with Jason also rolling.

Reconcile Edited: Gknightbc on 3rd Apr, 2018 - 6:14pm

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.