3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 117 of 129

Jason or Grant, can either of you craft a - Page 117 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 23rd Sep, 2018 - 10:47pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

20th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Barbarian
Barbarian
Paladin
Paladin
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian

+  « First of 129 pgs.  113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121  ...Latest (129) »
Closed
Discuss  3 5 D&D As Character Role-Playing Game Only Approved Players should participate here. Dungeons and Dragons
This RPG is CLOSED GM Stats
Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2018 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions
A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 117

I have really geared up spellwise for watching out for danger at night. That seems to becoming a problem. After reading a guide I changed almost my entire spell list. KN, are we accepting all 3.5 books? I'm not talking home brew but actual books.

My prepared spells now look like this.
Lesser vigor
Lesser vigor
Raptors sight (1 hr/lvl +5 to spot)
Entangle

Level 2
Luminous armor
Mass snakes swiftness
Lesser restoration
Fog cloud

Level 3
Call lightning
Heart of water
I have a question. How min/max are people planning on playing? Is everyone going to try to maximize or not worry about it? I'm fine just playing but I know 3.5 is a min/maxer dream system. I don't want to be overpowered compared to the others but I don't want to be struggling to contribute either.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 22nd Sep, 2018 - 9:33pm

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2018 - 9:42pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

He has stated before that he'll take any official 3.5e source. I'd run things by him anyways if its particularly obscure or from a source that has some balance concerns (IE most of the Dragon Magazines or the Book of Vile Darkness).

As to the question of minmaxing, that's a particularly complex question for an artificer. To put it as simply as I can, I am minmaxing to a moderate degree when it comes to trying to supplement the party as a whole, but not for myself in particular.

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 22nd Sep, 2018 - 9:57pm

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2018 - 9:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions Archive Pathfinder / D&D

I’ve never been one to enjoy the min/maxing of any system. I think a greater pleasure is to be had in role-playing than trying to deal with the utmost damage. The character class I’ve been playing here is solely chosen for role play, and it’s been fun. As far as spells and such go, role play would make us far more fearful of death and injury based on the games premise, so leaning heavily on healing and protective spells makes sense.

Post Date: 22nd Sep, 2018 - 11:01pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 117 Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

I am one that can tell you that min/maxing can be ok for some people but in the same aspect if one max's out to cause a lot of damage there is a way I can make the game much more challenging. I do enjoy a nice game and some things in the game can be both challenging and rewarding without the need to Max out a character.

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2018 - 4:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Discussions and Questions RPG Character You Dragons and Dungeons

Okay, so I'm planning on making a one per day slotless item with Alarm, the same way as the Endure Elements one. Any inputs or recommendations? I can only do 1st level spells, ATM, otherwise I'd go with Greater Alarm. Any other items that should be on our list? How about another broach like I've already done for someone else?

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2018 - 4:20am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Can you craft a wand of cure light wounds? That would help keep us alive. This world is pretty rough.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2018 - 4:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions - Page 117

I have to be able to cast the spell, or have the use of some one who does, and it's only wondrous items I can create. So, a item that cures a few times per day could be possible, as an icon or glove or something.

Post Date: 23rd Sep, 2018 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

3.5 D&D You Character RPG Questions & Discussions D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 117

Jason or Grant, can either of you craft a wildling's clasp or Monk's belt? I need a replacement for my armor soon since I will be in wildshape most of the time.

> TOPIC: 3.5 D&D You As Character RPG Questions & Discussions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.