Modern vs Retro Video Games

Modern Retro Video Games - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 30th May, 2017 - 4:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 16th Apr, 2017 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Name: Top

Comments: Who is with me… no matter the best of graphics that modern games come out with year after year they seem to be missing something that retro games have… its just not the same but I don't know what it is I just have this feeling. Anyone feel the same way like I do?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2017 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Games Video Retro Modern

There is some of that, certain older games somehow still manage to beat out their successors.

But I wouldn't say that modern games don't have their gems. I think to claim either category is inherently better would be to let nostalgia or eye candy override one's judgement.

22nd Apr, 2017 - 10:15pm / Post ID: #

Modern vs Retro Video Games Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Retro games had a lot of the "Addictive" factors that modern games lack. For instance, take Asteroids. You could constantly lose, but the simple nature of it made you feel like you were making progress each time. Retro games were also more challenging a lot of times because it was more difficult to win, since save points were seldom a thing.

Personally, I prefer modern games. I'm spoiled in the fact that I grew up with the more modern graphics. In an Role-playing Game, I enjoy creating a character that looks like me. This is more of a personal preference, as it helps me immerse myself into the game more completely. That being said, a game does not NEED amazing graphics in order to be good. A modern game that has the "Retro-style" graphics is Stardew Valley. I have so many hours poured into this game. It is simple and very formulaic, but satisfying in a way I can't possibly explain.

Post Date: 30th May, 2017 - 4:46am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Games Video Retro Modern

In my personal opinion, I feel that both are equal and both deserves their spotlight. I love the older Legend of Dragoon on the first PlayStation console. I also love many of the newer games. Heck I am a fan of the old Pin Ball game. A true gammer won't chose between. They will have fun with both.

> TOPIC: Modern vs Retro Video Games

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,