Trinidad & Tobago Acts Of Kindness

Trinidad Tobago Acts Kindness - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 1st Dec, 2016 - 4:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Trinidad & Tobago Acts Of Kindness Trinidad & Tobago Good deeds / altruism
Post Date: 7th May, 2014 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

How will you rate the Acts Of Kindness in Trinidad & Tobago?

Are Good deeds / altruism something that you see daily in Trinidad & Tobago?

Consider these words: doing favors, good turns, goodwill, charitable and kindheartedness... do these words describe the attitude of people towards one another in Trinidad & Tobago? If so, what examples can you give of someone from Trinidad & Tobago typically being kind to someone else?

Lastly, are Acts Of Kindness only shown to locals or foreigners too?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 19th Nov, 2016 - 4:26am / Post ID: #

Kindness Acts Tobago Trinidad

Name: Stace

Comments: Is it true that Trinidad has a reputation as being uncaring at least likely to be charitable towards their own?

Post Date: 19th Nov, 2016 - 12:10pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Acts Of Kindness Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

Name: George

Title: Uncaring society?

Comments: The incident which reflected the symbol of a not caring society here was reported a few years ago by an overseas reporter visiting one of our banks on independence square.
He reported that a local citizens whilst waiting in a queue for the bank to open collapsed with a heart attack at the precise time as the doors opened.
Apparently no one paid any attention to the collapse man, in fact most citizens even walked over him in their rush to get into the bank.An ambulance was eventually called and the man was are rushed to the hospital.

Source: As reported in the press [Source missing]

20th Nov, 2016 - 1:52pm / Post ID: #

The thing is in T&T it's not really the fact that this society is not caring at all, it's because a lot of the people in there don't care about anything let alone the exception of thinking about themselves. Even though I might sound bad for saying this, I believe I'm just stating the truth.

Post Date: 27th Nov, 2016 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

A Friend

I think that no matter where you go in the world you will find people that do not care about others at all. In the same token you will find those that truly care about their fellow citizens. Sometimes you have to look for them but I know they are there.

30th Nov, 2016 - 2:49pm / Post ID: #

Very true KNtoran, however after living in a number of countries: USA, UK, Argentina, Venezuela and of course Trinidad… I can tell you that Trinidad is one of the most uncaring. In fact, I am not alone in that opinion. Even the local leaders and the media constantly portrays the attitude of people here being one of self-centered, 'wrong and strong'. The culture is built around vice, partying, drinking and mediocrity where it takes decades to get simple things done. A lot of them are bullies at various levels… the way they talk, how they handle children, their manners and more. Trinis treat each other as though someone owes them something… as though everyone must conform to their way of thinking because they lack empathy and are hell bent on satisfying their own.

There have been recent examples where people were in dire situations and instead of giving a helping hand people just passed by, walked over or simply took out their phone to take pictures rather than help a victim - its that bad. While I have no doubt there are Trinis that are kind… they are so few that its not enough to be noticed or acknowledged and may even come as a shocker when encountered.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2016 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Trinidad & Tobago Acts Kindness

That is sad that the kind and caring person in you country can be thought of as a mystical beast. I can understand your country a little bit more now.

Post Date: 1st Dec, 2016 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

Trinidad & Tobago Acts Kindness Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean

Name: Ashton

Title: Caring country

Comments: While what is stated by those above does have some relevance and merit to the current "Caring for others" on the island, my experience and take is a bit different. There is now a price associated with any "Help" that is required. For some reason, most instances where "Help" is given (Either through request or volunteer)- the person(S) providing the help seek (S) financial rewards.
Trinidadians have put up everything for "Sale."
Today the motto is - Nothing is for free - including kindness.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Trinidad & Tobago Acts Of Kindness

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,