Robertreaper Introduction - Page 3 of 4

I am not noticing "A lot of editing" - Page 3 - Introductions, Member Sharing - Posted: 4th Oct, 2017 - 12:21am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Closed
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2017 - 5:09am / Post ID: #

Robertreaper Introduction
A Friend

Robertreaper Introduction - Page 3

I'm unsure which policy I broke. I honestly don't recall what the deleted post said.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 14th Sep, 2017 - 9:54am / Post ID: #

Introduction Robertreaper

Robertreaper, here are some guides:

* Do not try to repeat words to bypass the 15 word limit. Make your post constructive.
* There are differences between Out of Character: and off topic
* Do not use Role-playing Game threads to talk about your schedule or unrelated material it is purely for gaming.
* If you have to say something in regards to when you will be available to game, a death in the family or anything like that please do it here, in your introduction.

While you may not like to look at notifications ignoring them from your intro can lead to limits on your account. If you do not want to get notifications from the game then you can unsubscribe from your control panel.

Please look over this post in detail: RPG Etiquette

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2017 - 3:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Robertreaper Introduction Sharing Member & Introductions

To be honest, until you guys started talking about notifications, I didn't know we got them. I'm assuming that they go to my email, but I stopped regularly checking that years ago. Last I looked I've got over 1500 unread messages there, *laugh*.

I also thought that we were done with the introduction thread after we were approved and joined the main thread. Is there a reason that these messages aren't shared on the Main or Q&A Threads?

Additional question; how do I change my profile image off of the confused emoji? ... Even if it is pretty accurate.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 14th Sep, 2017 - 3:27pm

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2017 - 4:09pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Introduction Robertreaper

Hi Robertreaper, your introduction tells us about your reason for joining but its also the place where you update us about your schedule or ask any support questions like you are doing now.

You should have a legit email address for your membership here or you will not know about important notifications. It sounds like you signed up with a black hole email address.

international QUOTE (Robertreaper)
Is there a reason that these messages aren't shared on the Main or Q&A Threads?

We have an order to doing things in the community. If we bring up issues in the middle of a game then it will no longer be a game but an issue. This is why you have an introduction thread.

international QUOTE
... How do I change my profile image

That is the default avatar. Please click on your avatar face, it will take you to your profile where you will see at the top your avatar again. Right next to it is an "Edit" link, please use that or this one: Edit Avatar. You will be able to choose from many in-house avatars. If you want one custom made for you or to show your own picture you can make a donation towards premium membership and it will be done for you. Compare Membership.

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2017 - 5:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Introduction Robertreaper

Okay, that makes sense. As for the email it is my primary email, I just don't check it that often. My other email I don't check at all.

I mostly communicate through texts and messages so email is not a priority to check in general. If there is a way to receive text or messager notifications I would be eager to use it (So that I don't have to regularly check the threads, *laugh*).

Post Date: 15th Sep, 2017 - 11:43am / Post ID: #

Hi Robertreaper. The only highlight notifications you get besides Email are:

1. A highlighted button at the top telling you there are messages in your introduction

2. If ignoring a warning or something is urgent then Persephone can override your top menu with a message.

3. If you are a premium member you get private message alerts.

Again, email is the primary external contact for members. It is your choice if you do not check these notifications but I have already said why they shouldn't be ignored / that you can unsubscribe from them.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 3rd Oct, 2017 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

Robertreaper Introduction - Page 3

Hi Robertreaper, unfortunately your messages tend to need a lot of editing, in addition to which you are sent warnings which seem to be ignored. If you do not address these issues your membership will be placed on limited status. Please do look at the edits and emails sent to you to avoid this.

Post Date: 4th Oct, 2017 - 12:21am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Robertreaper Introduction Introductions & Member Sharing - Page 3

I am not noticing "A lot of editing" being done to my post; other than by me.

Occasionally the Dungeon Master will move part of my post into the "Rather off topic" category or will make minor adjustments that I don't always necessarily agree with but they're the Dungeon Master so I don't complain.

If you feel the need to place my membership on "Limited status" that is on you and I won't complain about that either. Just don't understand why all the fuss over these small issues.

If you feel I don't belong on this site, you are free to remove me. I am having fun and not doing anything negative towards anyone else; but if that isn't enough I'm fine leaving. I already got the 5e PC experience I came here looking for and to be honest it would free up a lot of time that I've been dedicating to your site.

The choice is yours; as always I'm fine with whatever path this life takes me and I'll just move on to my next obsession. But I'm not going to feel bad or sorrowful because I added one too many smiles or laughs.

Reconcile Edited: Robertreaper on 4th Oct, 2017 - 12:26am

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Robertreaper Introduction

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,