Too Much Detail Role-play Gaming?

Too Detail Role-play Gaming - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 21st Apr, 2008 - 4:34pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Rogue
Rogue
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter

+  1 2 
Things the players or GM may want to get into that are really not necessary.
Post Date: 10th Apr, 2006 - 5:32pm / Post ID: #

Are there things the players or GM may want to get into that are really not necessary for game play that you dislike? For instance relationships between characters or NPCs that are too familiar or knowing where each nail is located in a floor board.

Sponsored Links:
10th Apr, 2006 - 10:40pm / Post ID: #

Gaming Role-play Detail Too

Something I do not understand in RPGing these days is the element of sexual involvement among characters. Yes, they even have dice roles as to what takes place. To me this is perverting the game and making it sleazy. There isn't enough imaginative play to go around that one has to dabble in things that are not actually part of an adventure?

16th Dec, 2006 - 9:15am / Post ID: #

Too Much Detail Role-play Gaming? Reviews RPG & Card Board

For me, its exactly as stated, just too much detail in general. I have seen it noted on other forums that we have Tolkein to blame for much of this focus on the minutae of a party, the enumeration of each quibbling piece of equipment, and gear lists that include such entries as "Parchment, sheaf" and "Hairpin, gold". I don't even like keeping track of things like ammo - you should play the GAME - the system should be relatively invisible, at least for my preference, and readying a character for play shouldn't be like stocking a convenience store.

As for the sexuality in some people's games, I think that could be a topic in itself, though I myself haven't really encountered that to any great degree, besides the obligatory occasional brothel the GM drops in for any PC interested in trying their luck (Usually winding up being robbed or such, always amusing).

10th Jan, 2007 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

Details in playing I will soon find out what is best here. Sexual references in play I would think are just inappropriate period. Not because such things would not occur in RL but because in game they can offend people.

20th Sep, 2007 - 1:44am / Post ID: #

Wow I didnt know there were Role-playing Games that actually went as far as that. I like detail in Role-playing Games it means that there was some kind of planning in it. I've seen some games where there was not much info.

24th Mar, 2008 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Detail is what makes the story come to life. Generalizations in the storyline will cause everyone to have their own picture of what is happening and if the person is not imaginative then they will be far from what the GM / DM wants the player to visualize. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about, from experience.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 21st Apr, 2008 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Too Detail Role-play Gaming

I think the more detail given is both a blessing and a hinderence. IF the Gm is giving a lot of detail why? IS there something to be found here or is there something we need to pay attention too? If it is just a detailed look then are we getting too much info. I for one do not need to know where every nail in a board is or exactly where on the wall is a picture hanging. I feel that general observations are good enough unless more detail is asked for.

21st Apr, 2008 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

Too Detail Role-play Gaming Board Card & RPG Reviews

Details when needed or asked for are a great help and do prevent the player from being flooded by immaterial information.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Too Much Detail Role-play Gaming?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,