Parents Lose Custody Because They Are Not Smart Enough

Parents Lose Custody Smart Enough - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 16th Sep, 2017 - 1:17am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 1st Aug, 2017 - 11:31am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

"Those are the most troubling types of cases because the people making the decisions often are not terribly well-versed in parenting with a disability," Callow said. "They don't know, for example, that we have 20 years of research that shows that IQ is not predictive of parenting capacity in and of itself, and yet IQ testing is heavily relied on quite frequently to justify removals." Source 9p.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 1st Aug, 2017 - 11:48am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Enough Smart Not They Custody Lose Parents

This is heart wrenching. I understand the decision and why it was made, although I don't necessarily agree with it. I bet that low IQ didn't inhibit their ability to love those kids. And as the aunt said, there are plenty of 'smart' people doing some pretty dumb things with their kids or allowing them to do it.

16th Sep, 2017 - 1:00am / Post ID: #

Parents Lose Custody Because They Are Not Smart Enough Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

There are some people out there who are very smart but are appalling parents. Why should IQ come into it. Love is love. If a child is loved unconditionally, isn't that worth something more than an abusive and controlling childhood?

Post Date: 16th Sep, 2017 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Enough Smart Not They Custody Lose Parents

Champers,

Spot on. Love is what matter here. Again, I understand the reasoning behind this, I just think I agree with it. Heck, 'smart' parents just might be worse in that they could be controlling and/or manipulative while the parents this thread is about I bet are not manipulative in the least. They are probably completely open and honest… my goodness, let's not teach a child to be like that.

> TOPIC: Parents Lose Custody Because They Are Not Smart Enough

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,