Kntoran's Medals

Kntoran' S Medals - International Forum Gallery - Posted: 12th Aug, 2017 - 12:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
  Kntoran' s Medals
Post Date: 7th Aug, 2017 - 7:38pm / Post ID: #

Kntoran's Medals
A Friend

Kntoran's Medals

Here is the shadow box that I made to show off all my military awards, medals and ribbons. I was only in 9.5 years I could have done better then again I could have done much worst too *smile*.

Kntoran's Medals
Kntoran's Medals (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
8th Aug, 2017 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Medals Kntorans

Highly decorated. You have so much metal that you could make a plate mail suit with it. Do you ever wear it for Veterans related gatherings or is it permanently on display?

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 1:12am / Post ID: #

Kntoran's Medals
A Friend

Kntoran's Medals Gallery Forum International

It is in a sealed case now so I will not be wearing it for any special occasions. I could get some copies and wear them.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 1:16am / Post ID: #

Kntoran's Medals
A Friend

Medals Kntorans

KN,

That looks great. I was going to do a shadow box at one time but I never got around to it. I have my miniatures on my old Ness Blues uniform. Maybe one day I'll take a picture of them. But not now, my brother. This day is all yours with that darn nice looking shadow box.

8th Aug, 2017 - 12:02pm / Post ID: #

Medals Kntorans

Nice display. What are they all for I mean what do they signify? By the way are all soldiers able to tell what medals are for or do they have to ask just like I'm doing?

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 12:17pm / Post ID: #

Kntoran's Medals
A Friend

Kntoran's Medals

Most soldiers know what most medals are for. There are some that are very rare, like a Soldier's Medal, and most people would have to ask about that. The ones that are very easy are medals like the Southwest Asia Campaign Medal, The Army Achievement Medal, The Army Commendation Medal, the Army Service Ribbon, possibly the Bronze Star. In addition, KN has a few Unit citations in there, which are awards bestowed by the President, by Congress, or by the Army upon a unit for exemplary service during a certain wartime time frame. Plus, he has his marksmanship badges as well. All soldiers know what marksmanship badges are and what level of proficiency they signify.

I'll let KN describe his medals, his unit citations, and his various badges and what they represent or were awarded for. This is his to do. What I will say is he has quite a nice collection for someone who didn't stay in for as long as I did. I certainly didn't have a collection like that as quickly as KN amassed them. So my hat's off to my friend and to a true warrior.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 8th Aug, 2017 - 4:45pm / Post ID: #

Kntoran's Medals
A Friend

Kntoran's Medals

Yes I have just a few nothing to major. The pin to the left of my name is the Regimental crest for the Military police corps. The ones below my name is my rank, the crossed pistol and the US symbols that are worn on the Class A uniform. Below that are two unit citations that were awarded to my Unit when part of my Unit in Korea had a key role in guarding the President (Regan) of the United States during his trip to South Korea in 1984.

The top is the ribbons I got. Ribbons are some metals and others are just service ribbons with nop metal associated with them. The metals I have are The national defense medal, The Southwest Asia metal, The Freeing of Kuwait metal from Kuwait, and the Freedom of Kuwait medal from Saudi Arabia, The cold war medal (Questionable), Korea Freedom medal? (Can not recall the exact name on that one, Reserve component good conduct medal. The ribbons that I have that have no medal is the Army service ribbon, Army over seas ribbon (Awarded twice) Reserve Component over seas ribbon, Primary leadership Ribbon (PLDC).

12th Aug, 2017 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

Kntoran's Medals International Forum Gallery

I've always wondered why the military uses medals for all kinds of things rather than a merit system. Medals, as nice as they are become bulky and turn the uniform into a colorful spectacle. They seem old fashion. That's no disrespect to kntoran and his medals because I do thank you for your service its just that I'm saying were in 2017, its time for a different method.

+  1 2 

Comment Add Comment As A Guest
Important Guest, please be considerate by using the appropriate tags as well as checking your grammar before submitting or it will be deleted. See: Constructive Posting Policy.

# Characters:
# Words:
# Sentences:
# Paragraphs:
Reading Time:
Optional:
Search

Tip TIP: Press above button ONCE only. If you come back here via the [Back] button on your browser then you will need to click [More Options] button (below) first in order to re-enable your ability to Post.

> TOPIC: Kntoran's Medals

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,