Depression: Men vs Women

Depression Men Women - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 31st Aug, 2017 - 12:30am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 29th Aug, 2017 - 2:27am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Depression’s “Transcriptional Signatures” Differ in Men vs. Women. Divergent illness processes may point to sex-specific treatments. Brain gene expression associated with depression differed markedly between men and women in a study by NIMH-funded researchers. Such divergent “transcriptional signatures” may signal divergent underlying illness processes that may require sex-specific treatments, they suggest. Experiments in chronically-stressed male and female mice that developed depression-like behaviors largely confirmed the human findings. Source 6z.

Sponsored Links:
30th Aug, 2017 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

Women Men Depression

As a woman I can tell you we can get depressed from our constant chemical changes like time of the month, pregnancy and just putting on weight. Guys don't have to go through the first two so it makes things a little easier for them *wink*.

30th Aug, 2017 - 4:20pm / Post ID: #

Depression: Men vs Women Health & Special Psychology

*laugh* you have obviously never been on the receiving end of either a shaving rash or a lady suffering from any of those problems! biggrin.gif

But seriously, the chemical differences between men and women are immense in reality and it is by no accident that most women are more emotionally sensitive, aware and tuned than men are. Although we are the same species, we certainly aren't the same animal. In fact there have been numerous occasions where I would even question if we are indeed the same species! There is a lot of truth in the saying "Women are from Venus and men are from Mars"!

It is these fundamental chemical differences in our bodies that make both sides of the blade just as sharp, but with very different causes and symptoms, when dealing with mental illnesses. Sadly medical science has to truly realize that there is no one standard fix for all when it comes to mental health issues, as each "Case" is different, but that won't come until people are treated as individuals and with respect of their condition rather than the stigma that is so prevalent in our society today.

Oh well off to go lie down in a dark room with the door closed listening to Jagged Little Pill! *wink*.

Post Date: 30th Aug, 2017 - 11:53pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Women Men Depression

Yes, not only do we need to understand that there are huge differences between men and women in regards to how mental illnesses affect them, there are also huge differences between individuals. For me, I have seen a lot of men start to accept that PTSD doesn't mean they are weak. And yet few women seem to come forth. Is that because they have to act so much stronger to prove themselves in the military. We need to use a study like this to see if there is a reason women are less likely to come forward with PTSD than are men.

31st Aug, 2017 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

Women Men Depression

I might not be the best at it but as a man I do think men have strong depression but not as bad as woman. Men get more violent to it while woman get it harder but are less suicidal. This could be wrong but out of personal experience that's what I've found.

> TOPIC: Depression: Men vs Women

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,