Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 5 of 49

"Aye, and he told mighty Leonidas this, - Page 5 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 7th Sep, 2017 - 1:56am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

19th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Cleric
Cleric
Rogue
Rogue
Ranger
Ranger
Wizard
Wizard
Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Draconian
Draconian

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (49) »
Closed
PBP Greek Dungeons and Dragons To play in this Campaign you must first create an approved Character via: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Character Creation
This RPG is CLOSED Game Master GM Stats
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 12:36am / Post ID: #

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread
A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 5

There is a knock on the door and then it swings open. Standing there is King Agesilaus. He wastes no time, "We had little time to talk earlier. Pausanias and I agree on much, and disagree rarely. On this we disagree. He says to leave you to your own for you are the chosen. What plans you make are yours. What questions you ask are yours."

He sighs, "When the gods came to him to instruct him to set this council up they came to me as well. To me they said to offer what help I could to the chosen, even if not all agree with this. I will not go against my fellow king and offer you advice or tell you what questions to ask. But I will answer any questions you have of me this night, before you leave for the Oracle of Delphi (Oracle of Delphi)." He thinks for a moment and adds, "Even you Brathark. Perhaps especially you, for you are the thrice chosen."

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Niklaus gestures to a seat for Agesilaus and says, "I do have one overriding question. If the gods are from Olympus, and as powerful as gods are said to be, don't they already know what is happening? Why do they need us to find out? Can't they simply tell you?"

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 1:11am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Agesilaus looks at this man so unlike him and his fellow Spartans. Cocking an eyebrow he says, "That is an excellent question. Your name was Nicholas… correct?" He pronounces it in the Greek form. "I have communed with my Patron, Apollo and although I can only ask questions answered by a yes or a no it seems the gods are shielded from the answer. They need our help." He looks at you, and then at all present, "They need your help."

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 1:23am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Page 5 Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Brathark looks to his king. "Zeus, Poseiden and Hades all formed above me. I know they expect great things from us and especially from me as three gods picked me to be their champion. I am a humble man who worked with his hands and fought for my king. I plan to do the same for my gods and will help them as much as I can. To know that even the gods at times needs helps can make things of the future both bleak and wonderful. Maybe the oracle will tell us more of what we need to do but then again what if the Oracles eyes are clouded too like the gods are? The oracle can speak of but possibilities and choices. We may get some answers and we may come away with more questions. My question to you my King is that one soldier that came back. What ramblings did he have and what of any information of his journey can you discuss here so that maybe we can have some idea of what dangers we may face after we visit the Oracle?

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 1:31am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Thread RPG Main Campaign Greek e Dragons and Dungeons Abnninjas

Niklaus looks thoughtful at the king's reply. "Though I have heard of this Oracle, I am not terribly familiar with the details of it… or them? Anyway, does the Oracle also only reply with a Yes or a No? Or can you ask more detailed questions? I guess until I am sure of the format, I can't even formulate."

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

A Friend

"He raved of men as tall as ten men that hurled boulders. He raved of waves of creatures that looked like dogs in numbers uncounted. He raved of the very dead themselves walking the earth. He said fell creatures indescribable walk the earth now and hide in the depths too. He raved until he swallowed his own tongue and killed himself."

He looks at Niklaus, "You can ask the oracle what you will. But ware, they often answer you in a riddle."

Reconcile Edited: Abnninja on 7th Sep, 2017 - 1:37am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 1:45am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread - Page 5

Elymas speaks up. "Matters may have changed, but at the least, the oracle is not known to be bound to such limited answers. Unfortunately, the answers granted are rarely straightforward."

"Some 200 years ago, the king of Thera was once told he must establish a new city in Libya, but none knew where this place was at the time. It took most of his life to find it."

"More recently, it was asked how the Persians could be defeated. The answer, if I recall correctly, was 'Pray to the Winds. They will prove to be mighty allies of Greece.' Not long afterwards, a storm sunk the Persian fleet, securing the chance for victory that king Leonidas gave us."

"And those are some of the mild examples, the ones easy to determine the meaning of. Any questions we pose must be carefully considered, and we must expect the answers to need careful consideration as well."

Reconcile Edited: daishain on 7th Sep, 2017 - 2:02am

Post Date: 7th Sep, 2017 - 1:56am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 5

"Aye, and he told mighty Leonidas this, Hear your fate, O dwellers in Sparta of the wide spaces; Either your famed, great town must be sacked by Perseus' sons, Or, if that be not, the whole land of Lacedaemon Shall mourn the death of a king of the house of Heracles, For not the strength of lions or of bulls shall hold him, Strength against strength; for he has the power of Zeus, And will not be checked until one of these two he has consumed." Leonidas being both strong and wise reasoned that it would take the death of a king, he himself of the house of Herakles, to satisfy this prophecy. So he went out to meet 100,000 Persians or more with naught but his personal guards and few thousand more Greeks from nearby cities. So think well, because prophecies are dangerous things."

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  ...Latest (49) »

> TOPIC: Abnninja's D&D 5e Greek Campaign Main RPG Thread

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.