Hurricane Irma - Page 8 of 9

Yes, but before then it is going to impact - Page 8 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 11th Sep, 2017 - 4:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 
  Hurricane Irma
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 12:39pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Hurricane Irma - Page 8

Hurricane Irma's northern eyewall has reached the lower Florida Keys, according to the National Hurricane Center. The eye of the Category 4 storm is just 15 miles from Key West.

Wind gusts on Key West are up to nearly 90 mph, the National Hurricane Center said, and more than 400,000 people are without power in South Florida.

Irma is expected to track along Florida's western coast, clipping Naples and Fort Myers before making its way to Tampa. Ref. CNN.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 2:18pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Irma
A Friend

Irma Hurricane

Up and watching the storm on the news this morning. I hate seeing these reporters and camera crews out in bad winds reporting on the debris and structures flying and falling around them. They really shouldn't be allowed to be out there. We can watch from stationary cameras and use other technology if we want to see what's going on. There's no reason for lives to be at risk any more than they already are, especially the first responders that would feel compelled to go help these news teams when they get into trouble. Someone else may need the help at the same time or, even better, the responders can stay safe indoors.

Keeping my fingers crossed for the safety of all. My girlfriend's grandmother is down in the Naples area after having her flight out cancelled. At least she has relocated from her trailer to a more secure structure with others around to help her.

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 8:19pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Irma
A Friend

Hurricane Irma History & Civil Business Politics

Good luck to her Cinder.

As with you, I wish the best to everyone down in Florida in the crosshairs of this monster.

Post Date: 10th Sep, 2017 - 10:18pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Irma
A Friend

Page 8 Irma Hurricane

Well Irma went and turned North that threw my prediction totally out of the water. I am happy that it did not go to Texas but I hope that people in Florida are well prepared since they had a lot of time to get ready.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 1:59am / Post ID: #

Irma Hurricane

Hurricane Irma was climbing Florida's west coast toward Tampa late Sunday after making a second landfall in the afternoon as a Category 3 storm in Marco Island. Just to the north of Marco Island in the city of Naples, a dangerous storm surge of ocean water sent levels rising about 9 feet in three hours.

Now a Category 2 storm with maximum sustained winds of 105 mph, Hurricane Irma is about 70 miles southeast of Tampa, Florida, moving north at 14 mph and is expected to stay at hurricane strength at least into Monday morning.

Even with the storm a few hours away, transformers were blowing in Orlando. More than 3 million customers are without power across the state of Florida, according to utilities.

The cyclone spawned tornadoes in parts of Florida in the morning and afternoon and could produce more. This is typical of hurricanes that get enough of their circulation over land.

Irma is the strongest Atlantic basin hurricane ever and has already broken several records. Ref. CNN storm tracker - CNN.com

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 9:56am / Post ID: #

Hurricane Irma

Hurricane Irma weakens to Category 1 storm. In its 2 a.m. Advisory Monday, the National Hurricane Center said Irma had maximum sustained winds of 85 mph. The storm was 25 miles northeast of Tampa, Florida. Ref. USAToday.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 2:56pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Irma
A Friend

Hurricane Irma - Page 8

I think that Erma is quickly winding down. As just a tropical storm now it will not be long before it is over and people can get back to their lives in Florida.

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2017 - 4:56pm / Post ID: #

Hurricane Irma
A Friend

Hurricane Irma Politics Business Civil & History - Page 8

Yes, but before then it is going to impact people all over Georgia. It's still got a bit of a kick left to it and the wind and rain can topple trees, cause local flooding, and cause power outages.

+  « First of 9 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 

> TOPIC: Hurricane Irma

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,