Cop vs Nurse - Page 2 of 2

I can see some of this back firing on the - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 13th Oct, 2017 - 1:46pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Discuss  Cop vs Nurse
Post Date: 11th Oct, 2017 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Cop vs Nurse
A Friend

Cop vs Nurse - Page 2

My 2 cents - Although the officer believed he was in the right to get the blood sample, the Supreme Court has already ruled that a warrant must be issued to gather such evidence from either unwilling or unable suspects.
See Missouri v. McNeely (2013)
Thus the officer was not entitled to a blood sample, under the law, and would have had to have a signed warrant in place to get it. That being said, his treatment of the nurse was reprehensible. She was not 'obstructing justice' she was following the hospital policy as it pertained to the law, and his rough handling and arrest was going too far. This was NOT a criminal who was accused of a violent crime, nor was she even slightly intending to 'make a run for it', she was taking care of her patient and he was interfering the performance of HER duties. He made a very poor choice in his behavior, and should be up on charges for it. Firing him for this, however, seems rather unjust, unless he has a history of poor behaviour on record with his department.
In the wider view, no single officer's actions should ever reflect on the performance of all our blue heroes, just as we don't expect to be blamed for another's. That way lies chaos.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 11th Oct, 2017 - 11:26pm / Post ID: #

Cop vs Nurse
A Friend

Nurse Cop

She resisted arrest. IF one resists arrest the officer has every right to use more force to effect the arrest. Many states have a implied consent law if you are behind the wheel of a vehicle you have given your implied consent to have blood, urine or breath tested if there is an accident. Thus the implied consent law was the PC to take the blood sample. The fact that they had already drawn the blood and then decided to not hand it over shows you that the officer was in the right in my book.

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2017 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Cop vs Nurse History & Civil Business Politics

Salt Lake City Police Chief Mike Brown hugs Aimee McLean, president of the Utah Nurses Association, at the end of a press conference at the Radisson in Salt Lake Cit, on Thursday, Oct. 12, 2017. The pair announced a new protocol for interactions between officers and hospital staff interactions following the arrest of a University Hospital nurse in July. Source 4h.

Post Date: 13th Oct, 2017 - 1:46pm / Post ID: #

Cop vs Nurse
A Friend

Page 2 Nurse Cop

I can see some of this back firing on the hospitals. When they have a violent patient the responding officers will wait for a customer service rep before they can deal with the violent patient. I hate policies that 'handcuff' officers.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Cop vs Nurse

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,