Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone? - Page 3 of 6

I believe that the way someone is in life - Page 3 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 21st May, 2020 - 1:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
being unkind, toxic or salty on social media and other communities.
24th Apr, 2019 - 2:11am / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone? - Page 3

The worst kind of discourtesy is when someone says they will commit to something and then do the opposite leaving you stranded. Its too easy to do online and harder to do in real life.

Sponsored Links:
2nd Sep, 2019 - 2:33pm / Post ID: #

Gone Simply There Never Was Online Courtesy

No one is nice anymore but a lot of us don't care because we just get on get what we need and get out. Some might feel that's rude but its a fast world with little left for any kind of chivalry stuff. Sad but true.

3rd Sep, 2019 - 2:59pm / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone? Gaming Video & Issues Computer

The online world is no doubt a world of instant gratification and anonymity. Those two things make it easy to be rude. Even on this thread someone made a distinction between online and "Real world" so that is part of the problem. If it's not real you can do what you want with no consequences. I think that has spilled over into the non-online world sometimes in horrible ways like mass killings. Online discussions allow the dehumanization of people. I think fantasy roleplaying like ROK is a good use of the internet because then it's really not the real world. But lots of people are actually roleplaying when they are in a non-fantasy forum. The internet has actually led to the discovery of new mental health issues like covert narcissism, which is based on creating a persona who is perfect. We have to force our children off phones and into interpersonal interactions!

7th Oct, 2019 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Gone Simply There Never Was Online Courtesy

The difference between online world and real world is that in the online world because there is no physical/verbal contact between the two parties. Each side is hiding behind a keyboard and screen and they feel they can say whatever they want without even knowing how it will harm the other side.
That is also why a lot of people think that the newer generation who is online all the time is less good in direct human communication in person. They are less familiar with the culture courtesy as known until now.

6th Dec, 2019 - 4:07am / Post ID: #

Gone Simply There Never Was Online Courtesy

I don't get what's so hard about this for some people. The world would be a lot better place if people would get in gear with this!

Post Date: 2nd Feb, 2020 - 6:36pm / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone?
A Friend

Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone?

I believe that while most online users nowadays tend to be disrespectful to others through texting, some people out there still have courtesy. The reason in which I say this is because it depends on influence, and if people grow up with people who have courtesy online, they also will have the decency to post polite things or at least be polite online too.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
16th Mar, 2020 - 11:08am / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online Was Never There Simply Gone - Page 3

Nothing against the rising generation but in my experience a lot of the lack of courtesy comes from them. I'm talking about those who grew up with the internet.

21st May, 2020 - 1:14am / Post ID: #

Courtesy Online Was Never There Simply Gone Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 3

I believe that the way someone is in life is the way they are online. It is the natural them. We may think its an act or just 'playing' but in actuality its the way they really are. The internet just allows them to project themselves to a bigger audience.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Courtesy Online - Was It Never There Or Simply Gone?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,