How To Play The D&D 5e Monk Class

How Play D 5e Monk Class - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 30th Nov, 2017 - 2:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

25th April 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Barbarian
Barbarian
Fighter
Fighter
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

Dungeons and Dragons
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2017 - 1:09pm / Post ID: #

We shall discuss the Monk class in the Dungeons & Dragons 5e role-playing game. What are the benefits of playing the character class of Monk? Does playing a Monk have a down side? How should one properly play the Monk class?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 30th Nov, 2017 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Class Monk e Dragons and Dungeons Play How

As I have a 5E monk in a game right now I am still learning the monk in this edition but I am having fun playing a monk and do enjoy the versatility of the class.

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2017 - 2:20pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

How To Play The D&D 5e Monk Class Reviews RPG & Card Board

Monks are secondary fighters. They're not usually tough enough to act as a tank, shrugging off blows on the front line. Instead they use their mobility to insert themselves and their fists exactly where they are needed.

The major key to playing the class is judicial use of Ki points. When it will make a difference, and when it won't.

I should note there's a trap option here. Four Elements monk was rated as the second weakest subclass in the edition, with the primary concerns being the too high costs of the associated abilities, and the very very poor comparison of said abilities to basic spells.

Post Date: 30th Nov, 2017 - 2:37pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Class Monk e Dragons and Dungeons Play How

Yes, the Monk class is good for a second line combatant, and their ability to multi-attack in excess for a time is excellent to deal damage, but the Ki point limitation makes it a short-term boost. The Disengage action with Ki does allow them to move in, attack and move out without AoO, and their ability to take any simple weapon and deal Martial Arts damage with it is a great way to get solid hits on your foes, even ones that can only be hit by magic. The abilities at higher levels are great for the mystique of the monk, but not excessively useful in combat.

> TOPIC: How To Play The D&D 5e Monk Class

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,