Bonnie And Clyde - Page 2 of 2

Ok my opinion and this is coming from a ex - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 9th Dec, 2017 - 12:18am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Top  Bonnie Clyde
Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 5:53pm / Post ID: #

Bonnie And Clyde
A Friend

Bonnie And Clyde - Page 2

They were murderers, no doubt, and the police did take it far with the ambush. While I think we are too soft on proven murderers and career criminals, capital punishment is a final choice. You can't go back if you've killed the wrong person, or killed someone who could change. That being said, there ARE some people who should be killed once convicted. Bonnie & Clyde have been idolized into cult figures, like Che Guevara or Fidel Castro, even though they are/were terrible people.

Sponsored Links:
8th Dec, 2017 - 7:32pm / Post ID: #

Clyde Bonnie

Why do some people focus on the cops' last resort instead of the double dozens that the criminals kill? I heard no cries or sighs for the VICTIMS. If Bonnie and Clyde killed someone you love deeply then you would not be trying to put so much of your justice into how the police stopped them. What the police did was STOP them from killing and robbing more people - I praise them. Seems like a double standard to me to say the cops are the bad ones because they stopped the bad lovers. I see the same thing today. People getting on cops for taking action to stop crime. rolleyes.gif.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 10:12pm / Post ID: #

Bonnie And Clyde
A Friend

Bonnie And Clyde History & Civil Business Politics

Well it is the police's job to arrest them. It isn't their job to be judge, jury and executioner. I have no problems with police killing someone if they resist arrest and shoot at them. I do have a problem with police setting up an ambush for criminals and gunning them down with no attempt to offer a chance to surrender. That's fundamentally against the way our justice system is supposed to work.

By your reasoning police should have almost unlimited power in certain situations. I don't care to live in a police state.

Reconcile Edited: Kyrroeth on 8th Dec, 2017 - 10:14pm

8th Dec, 2017 - 10:29pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Clyde Bonnie

By your reasoning criminals should conform to peaceful arrest and that is not reality and if it is the case it is very rare hence in ANY situation there are negotiations, offer for peaceful surrender and if you do not comply you can be shot in order to PREVENT harm to more victims. Its easy to zero in one thing and forget the very [big] picture but that's just your opinion. For me and my opinion I am glad there are people out there willing to stop those who don't want to be stopped by ordinary means. So you keep continuing to wait for them to surrender and hope they don't come knocking on your door, or your friend's door.

Rather off topic, but...
There is a reason for something called preemptive strike.

International Level: New Activist / Political Participation: 17 ActivistPoliticianNew Activist 1.7%

Post Date: 8th Dec, 2017 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Bonnie And Clyde
A Friend

Clyde Bonnie

I didn't say that. If they are pursuing suspected killers they give them a chance to surrender. If they refuse they do what needs to be done. If the actions you like so much were allowed then police would use them all the time. They do not because they would go to jail for doing such a thing now. Yes, there are preemptive strikes. The military does that and not law enforcement. I really hope you are trolling and don't actually believe what you are saying here. I'm not wasting my time arguing with you any more.

8th Dec, 2017 - 10:57pm / Post ID: #

Bonnie And Clyde

I wasn't aware I was arguing or trolling but you do seem to be getting emotional over it. You keep repeating the word 'surrender', focusing on that one point forever more and despite the obvious stated not just by me that these two were given the chance to surrender they didn't. Pursuing is not only when the siren is blazing… the police have been pursuing those for a long time honey.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 9th Dec, 2017 - 12:18am / Post ID: #

Bonnie And Clyde
A Friend

Bonnie Clyde - Page 2

Ok my opinion and this is coming from a ex police officer. I understand both of you. Rachel is saying that the police need to be careful about how they react to some situations where they can be the judge and jury when killing known killers. Especially if you are ambushing them and not giving them a chance to submit to a surrender.

On the other hand the police have a job to do and at times it is very hard to do that job. Even if you do it correctly you have people sitting on the sidelines to debate exactly what you did and who it can look bad thus making you a bad cop. This is our society now and the police look bad a lot.

Back in the 30s when Bonnie and Clyde were going around killing people and robbing banks the easiest way to get them was to set up an ambush and kill them. In today's society that would end up with all those officers being put on trial for murder because that is what they did. Back then they we're hero's because they saved others from being killed. It would have been easier if the dual had given up and surrendered.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Bonnie And Clyde

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,