Amy Wright

Amy Wright - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 18th Dec, 2017 - 7:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

2017 CNN Hero of the Year
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2017 - 7:16pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Amy Wright

Amy Wright was named the 2017 CNN Hero of the Year for her efforts to advocate for disabled people.

Wright, a mom to two kids with Down syndrome, will receive $100,000 to grow her cause -- a coffee shop that employs 40 people with disabilities

"My employees are not broken; 200 million people across the world living with an intellectual or developmental disability are not broken," Wright said Sunday night, when accepting her top 10 CNN Hero award. "What is broken is the lens through which we view people with disabilities." Source 1e.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 18th Dec, 2017 - 7:21pm / Post ID: #

Amy Wright
A Friend

Wright Amy

I think that she well deserves this Hero of the Year award for what she is doing and the strides she has taken to show people that a disability does not make them any less human. My hat is off to her and her efforts.

> TOPIC: Amy Wright

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,