Maximilion the Illusionist - Page 2 of 2

The Town Guard The Town guard is a necessary - Page 2 - Text RPG, Text MMORPG - Posted: 12th Aug, 2018 - 1:41pm

Register Login Text RPG Play Text RPG ?     New: 4 17 55 Why Join Help
+  1 2 
ROK II Text RPG Character 430
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2018 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Level:
Action: Living
ROK II

Bookrage
(+)

Maximilion the Illusionist - Page 2

Message to Advisor

Dear Elaine,

I have little to report from today, as my slumber perhaps shall be more industrious than my day. I have neglected my mind, and thus have desired to improve it. Thus I found myself at the Palace of Parody, drinking a stinking blue liquid with a strange crown strapped to my temples with small gems with lightning crackling within.

I remember little else, although when I awoke I had already begun my shift at the tavern, preparing a meal of hot clams in sauce, a recipe I had never made before. I even criticized one of the kitchen maids for not chopping an herb properly, perhaps leaving bitter seasonings in the sauce, something I had not known about the herb before.

When I completed the clams, I stumbled to my humble lodgings, dreaming of a palace for you and me, and staggered in, perhaps looking like a contemptable drunkard. All this marks a growth in my mind and magic will soon be my second greatest ally, you being the first.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2018 - 6:16pm / Post ID: #

Level:
ROK II

Bookrage
(+)

Illusionist Maximilion

Finding a job

Sometimes the truth is that things that do not have the luxuries or prestige of the nobles or the great knowledge of the sages still indeed do have their places among the useful callings in this world.

I had little lucre when I stepped into town, and much of it was used to build by wooden abode, the small realm that will one day amount to my rich estate. I was not overly learned, nor was I one who could do the labor of a farmer, miller, or guard.

I however, had a skill that everyone desires to be served with. I can prepare any meal I so desire, for I am an adept cook. I made small meals for some of the townspeople in this little hamlet, when Stephan approached me.

Ye have been getting a lot of people to get meals from ye, Stepen said, Many come to my tavern to drink, but they doth not purchase what my kitchen Wench prepares.

Then perhaps you should acquire thyself a better kitchen wench. I hath not the tools nor the ingredients thou hast, and yet I prepareth scures and ground flesh that draw more swans and wenches than they own fare,

Ye speak wisely and truly, much as I hate to admiteth thus, Stphan said, That is why I am here,

There be no cooks guild, I replied, You cannot halt my sales.

I wishest it not, Stephan said, I need a better kitchen boy,

I nodded, getteth me the best cookbooks from this land and others and I shall make thee a fine cook.

I doubteth it not. Stephan said.

And from that period on I taketh on the profession of the Tavern cook. And Stephan doth not pay me well enough, but I shall be patient.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2018 - 8:02pm / Post ID: #

Level:
ROK II

Bookrage
(+)

Maximilion the Illusionist MMORPG Text & RPG Text

Message to Advisor

Dearest Elaine

I have found that charming many has been a particular skill of mine, and a ready wit is often good to parry a verbal thrust or send a thrust of one's own into a foe's armor, where they have kept the rends small and the chinks in their great armor narrow. In that regard I took myself to the Palace of Parody, In this I spent much of the day researching the art of humor, and it is as much an art as calligraphy, painting, or sculpture.

I also am well-aware that I have little lucre, in that spirit I moved myself to the tavern to do my job, soon there is going to be some manner of contest, but I have no chance of winning such a competition, so I put my efforts into cooking a spiced lamb for the patrons of the tavern and used my evening in productive, if not as entertaining work.

I will soon return to work more on increasing my various talents, as I want to master cooking, but I also am on the verge of discovering the first secrets of magic, the parlor tricks stage magicians know are not the magic I want to learn, but they are a way to master the gestures I will need to know to bend the elements in the world to my will later.

Post Date: 6th Aug, 2018 - 11:32pm / Post ID: #

Level:
ROK II

Bookrage
(+)

Page 2 Illusionist Maximilion

Wish I could change this about myself

One of the greatest assets a man can have for himself is the ability to view himself honestly. It is good to know one's strengths, but knowing one's weaknesses is even more crucial.

I have often stepped into danger, both in fighting giant spiders, letting my body be criticized, and just simply allowing my mouth to vent what should remain bottled inside. I have complained of my low pay and have shown my contempt for the patrons of the tavern and their games. I do not criticize myself that I bare this contempt, in fact I think it is a sign of my good breeding and judgment, but I cannot rule if I let such things leave the safe confines of my own soul, where they will not turn the hearts of those around me against me; hearts that I wish to rule.

I must get better at controlling my own splene in order to rule, or else I shall stay a cook forever.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2018 - 11:39pm / Post ID: #

Level:
ROK II

Bookrage
(+)

Illusionist Maximilion

Message to Advisor

Dearest Elaine. Today I spent my entire day in the heat and spicy scents of the tavern kitchens. However, I feel I have done much. I have dedicated my entire time to learning exotic cooking methods of distant lands. If I become an exceptional cook, I shall be able to use the talents to smooth over affairs. King Alfred of a distant land learned to cook his own meals, and this will be a significant source of income for the time being. Other skills shall serve me better later, but one must toddle before one can sprint.

I shall now have to gather more gold, so more drudgery in the kitchens is most clearly in my immediate future.

Post Date: 9th Aug, 2018 - 4:35pm / Post ID: #

Level:
ROK II

Bookrage
(+)

Maximilion the Illusionist

I want to be a Ruler of Kings

Anyone who says there is a virtue in poverty does not know anything about it. Such things bring out the worst in a person. This is not to say that riches do not bring their own vices, but I wish to live without wondering where my food shall come from. I look around me as well and see minds far less intelligent than my own higher up in this world, completely unfit to rule. I have the most perfect mind of all, and thus I have the right, in fact the duty, to rule over all lesser minds. The best kingdom comes when the best person rules, and it is only fair that that best person gets a little extra of what they desire.

I want to rule over those, I won't have to worry about poverty, slave in a filthy tavern kitchen, or bend the knee to anyone, all things I vastly hunger for now.

Post Date: 12th Aug, 2018 - 1:41pm / Post ID: #

Level:
ROK II

Bookrage
(+)

Page 2 Maximilion Illusionist

The Town Guard

The Town guard is a necessary evil in the towns, they doth steal great amounts of gold from the people in their role as the tax collectors for the king. I have been brought to the tax office under their care before, and troth be it that they hath also kept me from delivering clothing. They art overbaring and pompous, but there would be far more thieving and pillaging without them. I therefore submit to their behavior. IN fact they do much good, it is only when the good they do is against one that one chafes. So I grin and bare with such treatment.

Post Date: Sat Oct 20, 2018 - 17:12:24 GMT / Post ID: #

History

Page 2 Maximilion Illusionist

We break from Maximilion the Illusionist to share infobreak from one historian to you:
HistoricToday is: 20th October (GMT), in history on the 20th of October, 1972 AD the following birth happened:
Dexter Coakley: Linebacker (Dallas Cowboys)

Guest please SHARE: "Maximilion the Illusionist" on:

+  1 2 
Sponsored Links:

If Maximilion the Illusionist is not what you are looking for then you may wish to Start A NEW Topic.
Options Closed Add Poll

No Registration Required!

We welcome input from visitors:
Add Comment As A Guest
> TOPIC: Maximilion the Illusionist

Share:

Like:

Donate Compare Membership
International Discussions Coded by: BGID® ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2018
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Privacy and Disclaimer pages.

Future Terra II

Automated system to Role-play. No worries about Rules, Dice or updating your Character Sheet, they are taken care of for you. Just immerse in pure Role-playing.
Become A Backer!

See More

Highlights

Donald Trump: Donald Trump President of the United States of America - Real Estate mogul, Pageant owner and now nominee for President of the USA? By Knightslay 1.1 Day(s) Ago Discuss It!
Global Warming: Natural Or Man-made?: global warming Global warming has been in and out as the "latest" hot topic for many years. It is, according to modern scientists, the result of man-made industrial pollutants, clearing forested areas, agriculture, etc. But now they are thinking it started way before the Industrial Revolution... By Symphony 6.8 Days Ago Discuss It!
Crowdfunding For Future Terra II: Future Terra Donations
We need Backers! We have: $291 of $1,500 (We need $3,000 total)
Raising funds for the Future Terra II Science Fiction Text RPG through Donations. This was started in August, 2018.
Our Current Backers:
Daishain - $164
Anronrosby - $46
Silencedmind - $45
Stacia - $12
Mikeyd - $12
Play By Post - $12

By JB 3rd Oct, 2018 - 1:47pm Discuss It!
Russia vs USA: Russia Tactics versus U.S.A. Vs Russia Russia: 'The Evil Empire'? Are they all that bad or is it just the USA trying to portray Russia as bad because they are a world power with land bigger and a society very different from the USA ideal? By News 8th Aug, 2018 - 10:33pm Discuss It!
Your View On The Nature Of Interests: By News 4th Jul, 2018 - 7:30pm Discuss It!
The Trump Immigration Wall: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By News 2nd Jun, 2018 - 12:21am Discuss It!
Men In Uniform - Authorized Excessive Violence: Political Controversy WARNING you may find the contents of this Thread offensive, view at your own discretion. By KNtoran 7th Feb, 2018 - 12:03am Discuss It!
Atheists Not To Be Feared!: New look at Atheists and their thinking - Atheism - Athiest - Do Not Believe In God By Gknightbc 18th Nov, 2017 - 5:34pm Discuss It!
Wide Screen Columns: Best of  Wide Screen Columns Users with wide screen monitors can benefit from more content on every page. By JB 14th Oct, 2017 - 12:32am Discuss It!
Offensive Trademarks: Best of  Offensive Trademarks By Abnninja 20th Jun, 2017 - 4:16pm Discuss It!

Updated every: 14 minutes