Warlock
Draconian
Draconian
Paladin
Paladin

Lord Rings Risk Board Game
11th Aug, 2018 - 12:28am / Post ID: #

Lord Of The Rings Risk

Lord of the Rings RISK is one of the most complex strategy games I have ever played, and a tad confusing in my opinion. In this version of RISK - the players have a chance to fight for Middle-earth while either trying to capture the One Ring, or by destroying it. Those players playing for the Enemy start with both the first round and strategical positions. Where it is also quite difficult to destroy the Ring for the Free People players - as it should be; there is also few tactical advantages they begin with. Indeed, the few times I have played it - the Enemy has won the supermajority of the time: around 12 to 1. Thus, I feel the game is unstable, and yet still quite fun all the same. The challenges the Free People faced in keeping Sauron's forces at bay is mirrored in the game. So is the difficulty of destroying the One Ring, but unless the cards and dice fall in the favor of the Free People - the Enemy is nearly unbeatable.

Still, I work on the game from time to time to see if there is a strategy I have missed, or a move I should have made sooner. Those who enjoy a fantastic challenge will certainly enjoy this game.

Lord Of The Rings Risk
Lord Of The Rings Risk (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
14th Aug, 2018 - 3:40pm / Post ID: #

Risk Rings The Lord

On the surface it looks like a fund twist on the original risk - now with 2 possible victory conditions. However, I feared what you mentioned, that the evil forces are too strong. The only time I played this, the ring was discovered very early on in the game; we had spent as much time reading the rules as playing the game. So we gave up on it, even though that had just been an unlikely roll and outcome.

I find that the alternative War of the Ring is more balanced and retains more flavour from the books, while still being a strategy game. More complex than Risk though, a lot of rule-finding involved.

14th Aug, 2018 - 7:47pm / Post ID: #

Lord Of The Rings Risk Reviews RPG & Card Board

I am intrigued about this game just from reading the two descriptions you guys gave. Is it that difficult to learn? There is probably an abridged version of the rules somewhere online.

8th Sep, 2018 - 1:12pm / Post ID: #

Risk Rings The Lord

I enjoy, playing the original risk game but this one has me intrigued.
How, do they allocate points when aquiring the equivalent of a whole continent?

Much of the strategy, of the original, was to ensure that you captured a country every turn.
Then, having done that capture and hold onto the continent, offering an advantage.

It would be interesting, to know what lands in middle earth, afforded the best numerical value?
What about the risk card sets? How are they worked out in Lord of the rings style?

> TOPIC: Lord Of The Rings Risk

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,