Why I Am A Mormon

Why Mormon - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 6th Mar, 2003 - 12:43pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (21) »

?
Poll: What has the LDS Deep Doctrine Board on this forum done for you?
  Enlightened my knowledge of the Gospel       34.09%
  Gave me another perspective       18.18%
  Increased my Faith in Jesus Christ       6.82%
  Made me want to be a better person       6.82%
  Invigorated me to study the scriptures more       27.27%
  Caused me to Doubt what I believe       0.00%
  I have not gained nor lost anything by it       6.82%
Total Votes: 44
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
LDS Online Testimony Testimony Meeting for LDS Posters. Share your feelings about the Gospel and how you became a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints..
21st Jan, 2003 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon

Why Are You Mormon?
Testimony Meeting for LDS Posters

Share your testimony here about what you believe about Joseph Smith and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

PRESIDENT HINCKLEY ENCOURAGES MEMBERS TO BELIEVE
See Sourcel

international QUOTE
"Be not faithless, but believing." Those words were the foundation of President Gordon B. Hinckley's message to the more than 20,000 members of the Church gathered during a regional conference Sunday at the Marriott Center in Provo, Utah. "Believe in what?" President Hinckley asked those in attendance before providing an answer: "Believe in God the Eternal Father, the great governor of this universe. . . . His greatest concern is for you and me."

Sponsored Links:
16th Feb, 2003 - 9:48pm / Post ID: #

Mormon I Why

This thread is for one thing only...

Introduce yourself and tell us... how you came to join the Church, how you feel about the Gospel and your current calling. This way we can know everyone that posts here.

NOTE: Use another thread, or start a new thread if you want to discuss a Gospel Topic, thanks.

16th Feb, 2003 - 10:01pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am A Mormon Studies Doctrine Mormon

Let me start off...

My parents joined when I was five. My father was the first male baptized and I was the first eight year old baptized in Trinidad. I served in the England Manchester Mission. Sealed to my wife in the Washington Temple and now serve as the First Counselor in the District Presidency. My testimony of the Church is an ever growing process with the Spirit constantly giving me reassurance of the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.

More about me can be read: HERE.

17th Feb, 2003 - 12:24am / Post ID: #

Mormon I Why

I joined the Church when I was almost 12 years old although I know the Church since I was 5 years old when the missionaries used to come home to give the discussions to my uncle who passed away last year without joining the Church. It's funny because he was actually the person who introduce me, my sister and my grandmother to the Church. I remember when I asked him why he bothered to introduces us to the Church, he replied that he saw that we were approaching the difficult age of adolescence and he thought that he needed to find a place where they teach good values, where our spirituality can grow and where we can have a social life without worrying it about the bad things going on in the world and he said that the LDS Church came to his mind. He saw the missionaries in one of my neighbors home one day and he invited them at home to tell them about us and that's how I joined the Church. At the present I'm the District Family History Consultant and I feel great about it. My testimony of the truthfulness of the Church has grown through the years, I have a strong testimony about my Saviour Jesus Christ and in the Prophet Joseph Smith. I LOVE this Gospel with ALL my heart and I'm thankful to Heavenly Father because He used my uncle as an instrument for me to know the Church and I'll be eternally grateful for it.

Post Date: 17th Feb, 2003 - 4:06pm / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Mormon I Why

I was born into the church.  My Mother was a convert.  My family and I went inactive for about 8 years due to difficult family matters, but I always felt close to the church and wanted to be part of it through out my youth and became fully active when I was 18.  I missed out on a lot of good guidance but was strengthened through the hard 8 year inactivity by reading my scriptures and praying.  It kept me strong and helped me to do what was right.  I am grateful for a Heavenly Father who loves me enough to preserve sacred records from Holy prophets to testify of Him and His son Jesus Christ.  I am grateful for His tremendous sacrifice.  I am grateful for all of the prophets, and the current living prophet, Gordon B. Hinckely.  I am a Primary Teacher and the Achievement Days Leader/Director.

Post Date: 6th Mar, 2003 - 3:20am / Post ID: #

Why I Am  A Mormon
A Friend

Why I Am A Mormon

I have been in and out of the church for a long time, I have even gone to the temple. But everytime I try to get my life straight I do something stupid and blow it again. I have no current intent to return to the ward I was in and I fully understand anyone who does not understand why, but its personal. However having said that I still know the church is true, I do read the scriptures occasionally, I just am at an empass in my life.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Mar, 2003 - 10:13am / Post ID: #

Why I Mormon

Filiandriel, we are glad to have you here. Please know that no one will judge you, but if you need support or have questions or would like to contribute your thoughts to this board, then you are welcome to do so. Thanks for being part of our community.

6th Mar, 2003 - 12:43pm / Post ID: #

Why I Mormon Mormon Doctrine Studies

Filandriel, welcome to the forum! It's so nice to have you here. Hope that someday you decide to come back to Church, Heavenly Father would be so pleased *smile* .
It's good that regardless of everything you still having a testimony about the truthfulness of the Church. I wish you all the best.
LDS_forever

+  1 2 3 4 5  ...Latest (21) »

> TOPIC: Why I Am A Mormon

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,